Tourney Tournament Follow Along: LKQ $255+45 6-max (3 Viewers)

2nd in chips now, after folding just about every hand since I started watching in the background.

Running good…he doubled through chip leader

AT vs QK,stacks went in on turn 6KJQ board

ICM chop 3 handed.

20220328_020850.jpg

Great job! Caught some of the stream between waking up and getting busy with work. Please drop brpropoker.com to the organizers :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

It's interesting when every everyone gets super short stacked. Having watched a lot of these shallow tournies on PokerGo, you can make some normal raises instead of just jams when everyone is short. But I'm shocked at some of the hands that didn't get 3 bet jammed by the other players.

I passed on a couple opens I probably should have made, but with Jay Pee being short I chickened out due to ICM considerations. Once we got 3 handed and I had the lead, I asked if anyone wanted to look at the numbers. My back was killing me with no Advil or Tylenol in sight, I was tired, and I hadn't eaten a real meal since about 5pm. And I have an annoying stomach condition that causes me to feel like level 6-10 pain when I haven't eaten in a while. Luckily, this time it was only 6, but it was distracting.

Eric wanted the win because he had had several close calls in recent events at Pearl River. He's also a reg there and cares about the POY points. I don't care about the W, I just wanted the money. And they don't allow the W to be part of the deal making. So once he got a bit of a lead I brought it up again. Eric had already mentioned he had to drive to Tennessee in about 3 hours. Jay Pee obviously isn't going to turn down a chop as the short stack.

Eric is solid. The variance of a 25bb heads up match was not something I was psyched about. So I was more than happy to lock up the near 7k.

Last edited:
What’s the deal with the chips? Do they have regular cash game chips?

They have a gorgeous RFID table, a good live stream setup, and great chairs, and regular tournament including this festival that got a decent turnout for what appears to be one of the smaller events

I don’t get it

What’s the deal with the chips? Do they have regular cash game chips?

They have a gorgeous RFID table, a good live stream setup, and great chairs, and regular tournament including this festival that got a decent turnout for what appears to be one of the smaller events

I don’t get it
They have custom ceramics for the cash games. These are a holdover from the days when they used to do exclusively charity tournaments. I asked them once about it over FB back in the day, but got no response about it. I'm probably going to ask Tyler (the commentator who is also sort of the tournament admin) at some point now that I've actually met him.

Reading the comments, I definitely would not want to sit on your right! You have good instincts, and we have many of the same thought processes and play styles (like you didnt know that already). Also, we are both real-named Chris! Bonus!

Well done on the nice run and payday! Padding for the WSOP trip?!? I couldnt watch the stream but for so long....time and stuff. You definitely deserved the good run....you got lucky in a couple spots and unlucky in a couple more...but you definitely played smart.

Reading the comments, I definitely would not want to sit on your right! You have good instincts, and we have many of the same thought processes and play styles (like you didnt know that already). Also, we are both real-named Chris! Bonus!

Well done on the nice run and payday! Padding for the WSOP trip?!? I couldnt watch the stream but for so long....time and stuff. You definitely deserved the good run....you got lucky in a couple spots and unlucky in a couple more...but you definitely played smart.
Def padding for the WSOP trip. Will make playing the $1500 2-7 a bit easier. Though I'm still going to try and sell up to 66% of that. May play some Wynn $400's on my own dime now, play some 2/5, or play the 8/16 TORSE mix. Maybe all of that. Only real plans we have out there are going to Bacchanalia and catching a show.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom