Top 3 Seinfeld moments! (1 Viewer)

jeez, just three? Trying to nail down a “top moments” is tough. I’ll try to mention a few that I don’t think have already been mentioned. Not necessarily my top three episodes, but these clips are great. Even my wife quotes the “was that wrong? Should I not have done that?“ line all of the time.

Car rental reservation

Sleeping with the cleaning lady

The magic loogie

1 - No soup for you!
2 - I go out for a quart of milk. I come home and find my son treating his body like it was an amusement park!
3 - And you want to be my latex salesman?

Honorable mention - I'm out there Jerry and I'm loving every minute of it

Last edited:
3 best episodes for me

The Contest
The Soup Nazi
The Boyfriend

Honorable mention - The Hamptons

In terms of guest characters, this one is bar none my favorite:

Oh yeah, forgot about this gem!

Oh man, I also love how you can tell Jerry's barely keeping it together as well. Good one!

jeez, just three? Trying to nail down a “top moments” is tough. I’ll try to mention a few that I don’t think have already been mentioned. Not necessarily my top three episodes, but these clips are great. Even my wife quotes the “was that wrong? Should I not have done that?“ line all of the time.

Car rental reservation

Sleeping with the cleaning lady

The magic loogie
Oh yeah, the reservation skit is great!

9131a54a5d1b1b0c658f8bc4ae9bda37.jpg

I loved this show, but it's been so long that I've forgotten so much of it. I guess that means it's time for a rewatch?

Here are three off the top of my head:
1) Festivus of course, but specifically the Airing of Grievances. "I got a lot of problems with you people and you're gonna hear about 'em!"
2) When George tries everything to get out of his engagement unsuccessfully, then bumbles into it by accidentally killing his fiancee with cheap wedding invitations.
3) I know we said no full episodes, but I love "The Contest" from start to finish. Mildly taboo for the time and ridiculously funny.

I personally feel like Seinfeld was such a lucky hit - the right writers, ensemble, time, etc. - that something was created that truly stands the test of time. How the hell this show is so damn relevant in 2022 and speaks to modern US culture, idiosyncrasies, politics, etc. is astounding. Shows like Friends will always have lifelong fans and be running on TV for decades to come, but I'd be hard-pressed to agree that there are many if any shows before 1989 that are as on topic and relevant to today as Seinfeld.

For that reason I hate to choose a simple line or scene. But I'll choose 3 lines that come to mind. Not the absolute funniest or craziest or scandalous, but 3 examples where I feel the characters and writing and topics were "just right".

"Do women know about Shrinkage?" "Why does it shrink?" It just does....."

George & the Cleaning Lady - much like the universally loved Contest episode, I loved the premise. That George not having sex was making him smarter. When he shows up to the club to open for Jerry, and he's back to being a lovable idiot, Jerry knows he ended up giving in and having sex. George's "was that wrong" was perfect. It also happens to be Jason Alexander's favorite line of the series.

Anti-Dentite - "Dentists" "Yeah who needs them? Not to mention the Blacks and the Jews"
I mean cmon, is there anything more Seinfeld then closing with a bigoted comment and racist joke by Debra Messing?

Last edited:
I didn't watch this show when it was on back in the day, but, I eventually gave it a chance, and like many others here, it has become my favorite show. Bought the complete series DVD's and its in a regular rotation. I feel I'm a cross between George and Kramer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom