To Plaque or not to plaque? (1 Viewer)

You guys have all been very helpful! I think it will be a special treat, so I'll just get a few, enough for my small cash game of usually less than 10 guys, and give one out during chip ups or special at the beginning of the night.

You guys have all been very helpful! I think it will be a special treat, so I'll just get a few, enough for my small cash game of usually less than 10 guys, and give one out during chip ups or special at the beginning of the night.
Awesome! Don’t forget to post pics when you get your set complete with the plaques

My cash set has lots of 1s, even more 5s, enough 25s, and 1 single 100-plaque. It's the trump-on-the-$100-bill plaque from apache. Great fun, the players fight for it (regardless of political conviction, it's just an absurd plaque!) except one who always exchanges it if he wins it. He somehow thinks the plaque is political...?

Having plaques in tournaments are great as well IMO.

@chipjoker's Music Shack has an oversized $20 and a $100 plaque. Sweet set.

1123161818a-jpg.67106

When the question is plaques, the answer is yes. More useful in the top denoms in a tourney set because they will always get into play. As top denom in a cash set, that depends on your bank needs.

When the question is plaques, the answer is yes. More useful in the top denoms in a tourney set because they will always get into play. As top denom in a cash set, that depends on your bank needs.
Yeah, top denom in my cash set would be $500. Thinking of just getting a half dozen or so. They would be a special "incentive" to add to my game. Doubt they would ever make an appearance, but depends on how I set it up.

I used to own a set that had 100-plaques. It was for a NL 1/2 game but in Swedish currency which ia 1/10th of a $, so quite splashy with the plaques. Really added to the experience

I have a set of Majestics on the way and I love the Majestic plaques. That's one of the reasons I got Majestics! Plus they feel great and I like the look! Will have to invest in some. I think you all have me convinced!
That’s an even better pairing than I did obviously. Will be awesome!

I bought my CDI set in 2005. Wanted to add to it years later, realized I couldn’t since Paulson stopped making/selling them and found these plaques instead. Then I found PCF and have been on a constant journey of buying and selling different sets ever since. This set is one I wish I would’ve kept though.

I was wondering if it is good and makes sense to purchase plaques for my set or not?
"Making sense" ain't got nothin' to do with it.

If you like 'em, buy 'em and use 'em. Some folks do, some folks don't.

I have a set of Majestics on the way and I love the Majestic plaques. That's one of the reasons I got Majestics! Plus they feel great and I like the look! Will have to invest in some. I think you all have me convinced!
I'll add one vote for the Majestic plaques - they're a really good design! The only downside is you can't use the regular $100 chips, and those are pretty nice as well :)

Ok, there's not enough anti plaque crowd in here, so I'll start.

Plaques are cool in concept but annoying. I thought I'd like them but I sold most I acquired because they are bulky, hard to store, and hard to bet with.

That said, if I ran a limit poker game, I'd be highly inclined to use plaques for the value storage 'chip'.

Ok, there's not enough anti plaque crowd in here, so I'll start.

Plaques are cool in concept but annoying. I thought I'd like them but I sold most I acquired because they are bulky, hard to store, and hard to bet with.

That said, if I ran a limit poker game, I'd be highly inclined to use plaques for the value storage 'chip'.
I do run limit game and i have plaques for value storage. I only have 700 chips for 2chip/4chip game 6-7 handed, so plaques is always in the game. Everybody likes them.

One thing i dont like about plaques is when you stack them its hard to tell only by looking how much player has, because of egde spots in the same place or no egde spots at all. But in limit game that is not a problem.

I love plaques and I think they are super fun. My tournament set has them for the highest denominations and I've got some for me highest denoms in my cash game.

Just a fair warning, if you add plaques into your low stakes game, like you add $20 plaques into your $0.25/0.50 game, your players may start playing bigger so they can 'throw in a plaque' as a bet.

This small sit & go set would never have worked w/o the plaques.
They are amazing and I was asked at 1st use "is this a chip?" --lol

Attachments

• pny5kp03.png
    pny5kp03.png
    2 MB · Views: 74
  • pny5kp02.png
    pny5kp02.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • pny5kp01.png
    pny5kp01.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
I love plaques and I think they are super fun. My tournament set has them for the highest denominations and I've got some for me highest denoms in my cash game.

Just a fair warning, if you add plaques into your low stakes game, like you add $20 plaques into your $0.25/0.50 game, your players may start playing bigger so they can 'throw in a plaque' as a bet.
interesting,
I prefer to have lots of small chips in a cash game (or even a tourney)
& give everyone huge stacks so they play loose.
Starting buy-in is 40 or 100 chips? I see the difference in play!

I am in the no plaques camp...I personally don't like them. I think they are gaudy and get in the way...and would chip down to get rid of them if in my stack. To each their own...I get the appeal, but I just personally don't like them.

I"m in the group of, " even if you don't use them, they still look good with the set. "

Even though I sold this CDI set I kept the plaques.

1649615038561.jpeg

These ncv JD plaques can take the place of a much-harder-to-find 5k or the never-produced 25k.

1649615178455.jpeg

Waiting on my Zen 5k and 25k plaques and I don’t even have a set of Zens.

I think as long as you don’t have too many of them and the denoms are high they will always add class/character to your set.

I was going to say THIS is the way to go. Find some legit real plaques that you can use as color up with any set.
... and pick up some unicorn fur while you're at it. Playable sets of Legit Real Plaques are pretty dang hard to come by! I think I've seen like a grand total of five posted on PCF ever, maybe (I can think of four offhand, and I'm probably forgetting one). Just from memory, could be wrong here:

Yours
@mipevi 's
@Windwalker has a bunch of plaques from ACF, I believe
@liftapint has an amazing set, I seem to recall

... who else?

... and pick up some unicorn fur while you're at it. Playable sets of Legit Real Plaques are pretty dang hard to come by! I think I've seen like a grand total of five posted on PCF ever, maybe (I can think of four offhand, and I'm probably forgetting one). Just from memory, could be wrong here:

Yours
@mipevi 's
@Windwalker has a bunch of plaques from ACF, I believe
@liftapint has an amazing set, I seem to recall

... who else?
I have 25 more of these 50s on the way to me as we speak. (Impossible to find, surprised I found more). Just a heads up set but playable even as is.
40C010B9-50ED-447D-AD42-D0244A9B549B.jpeg

Plaques are great for the larger denominations.
You know it's serious when one comes out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom