To Plaque or not to plaque? (2 Viewers)

Huskerdj49

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello, fellow chippers! I have a question that I'm sure have a lot of opinions on here. I was wondering if it is good and makes sense to purchase plaques for my set or not? It's a small stakes set, with just a few higher denom chips (highest is $100), but I could do some $500 plaques. Wasn't sure if that made sense or not? What experience do you guys have with deciding whether add plaques to your sets or not? I'm just not sure if it makes sense. They look neat, but if I don't buy enough then not everyone would be able to have one during chip-ups.

Hmmm..just not sure what to do.

Plaques are awesome. Some people think plaques aren’t awesome. It comes down to personal preference. Plaques can also be a cheaper option when it comes to higher denominations.

Hello, fellow chippers! I have a question that I'm sure have a lot of opinions on here. I was wondering if it is good and makes sense to purchase plaques for my set or not? It's a small stakes set, with just a few higher denom chips (highest is $100), but I could do some $500 plaques. Wasn't sure if that made sense or not? What experience do you guys have with deciding whether add plaques to your sets or not? I'm just not sure if it makes sense. They look neat, but if I don't buy enough then not everyone would be able to have one during chip-ups.

Hmmm..just not sure what to do.
It makes total sense, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Plaques are awesome!

There's no wrong answer here. It all depends on what you like and what your players like.

However, the correct answer is plaques are awesome and you should mix them with chips. But keep denoms separate. Plaques for high-value denoms, chips for lower.

would you do a mix of chips and plaques for a specific denom for instance? Say some $1k chips and some $1k plaques too?
No I wouldn’t go as far as that. But whatever you like, you should do

Love plaques! I have 40 $5K for my DDLM set…and got some $25K for, well…because they’re awesome! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

A61F47B9-B771-4992-B0C7-1C6486C00ABD.jpeg

Ok, there's not enough anti plaque crowd in here, so I'll start.

Plaques are cool in concept but annoying. I thought I'd like them but I sold most I acquired because they are bulky, hard to store, and hard to bet with.

That said, if I ran a limit poker game, I'd be highly inclined to use plaques for the value storage 'chip'.

Plaques are cool in concept but annoying. I thought I'd like them but I sold most I acquired because they are bulky, hard to store, and hard to bet with.

That said, if I ran a limit poker game, I'd be highly inclined to use plaques for the value storage 'chip'.
Agreed. I was not upset about finally selling my plaques.

I plan to incorporate plaques as the 20 and 100 values in my game. They are the smallest plaque that Matsui offers.

I like plaques as a store of value chip. So the highest denomination that will be on the table but don’t really get used for betting much.

I’d be annoyed if they were in every pot trying to rake them in with other chips or seeing what chips are under them in a pot to figure out how much is in the pot etc. I would never want multiple denominations of plaques in play!

But I do have plaques in my limit set and love the look of them.

945D24E9-8CA7-4547-AFA9-26C40E7752A6.jpeg

I had some plaques for the highest denomination in a cash game and they never got into play. (Okay, one came in once.). But if you’re using them for the biggest denomination in a tournament, then they’ll come into play every time, right?
I say go for it. Just make sure you get enough.

Agreed. I was not upset about finally selling my plaques.
These are the people I was warning you about. Don’t listen, get them plaques! :love:

Anything that is different and "rare" on a poker table will become coveted. If you have some plaques in the game, you'll find some players fighting for pots that contain them. (Same thing with oversized chips)

I find plaques extremely cool. I know some others that hate them. It's a personal preference.

I did play in a game in Europe, where they had T1Million plaques, as well as T1Million chips. It was a little confusing the first time I saw them, but nothing drastic. I did note that there were some players that were trying to collect the plaques though, and didn't mind betting and losing their chips of the same value. ;)

Plaques are nice if you only have a small number as the highest denomination in your set.

Having 1-2 at end game will felt like a trophy/achievement whereas if you going to add a ton of plaques like workhorse chip, it become a Nuisance

I used plaques for my PCA set, using the $20 when playing 10/20c as its highest denomination and $100 when playing 50c/$1 stake
9D7FE75C-83C9-466E-B740-B935D263C405.jpeg
679D8B2A-EA0F-4493-A98D-9493E7A22EDE.jpeg

Plaques are fun - they give a good feeling of accomplishment when someone has enough $$$ to justify coloring up to one. In my experience they've been a big hit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom