Time for Murder (1 Viewer)

I’m curious, was that one drop, or many drops?
It was more than a drop, but not dripping wet….I let the NANPR sit too long on the chip….the otherwise clear NANPR actually turned a bright pink from sucking the color out of the chip….

It was more than a drop, but not dripping wet….I let the NANPR sit too long on the chip….the otherwise clear NANPR actually turned a bright pink from sucking the color out of the chip….
What’s your recommendation on drops used and the amount of time you let it soak?

I have found it really depends on the chip....some just need a very light amount of NANPR and the label bubbles right up....others need a good soaking for several minutes to produce results. I would try a test on a single chip before you go to town on a full rack.

Also each brand NANPR is different. Some are more harmful to the chips than orhers, some work better than others.

Unfortunately they seem to hav discontinued the one I prefer (London Drugs house brand).

I murdered two chips yesterday as a test run. I observed a couple of things that seemed to work for me.

1. The sharp tip exacto knife blade is not the greatest. I switched from a sharp point to a flat tip exacto knife blade which worked out much better.

2. After making the initial cut, I used a tooth-scraping tool to work under the first vinyl layer and slowly pried it up quite easily.

3. The eye dropper is necessary to regulate the amount of NAPR you put on the chip.

4. One small drop of NAPR should be enough. I let it soak for maybe 30 seconds, and then dabbed any remaining NAPR away with a cotton ball.

5. A tweezers is helpful (but not necessary). I was able to peel the bottom inlay away quite easily.

6. Immediately afterward I rinsed the chip free of any chemicals and let it dry over night.

The chips don't look damaged, scratched or discolored. I think after a few chips and a solid process, I can work through a rack much faster.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom