Tiger Palace - Secondary (Cali) Cash Sales (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place just became a frikkin candy store...

Candy Shop GIFs | Tenor

Damn, I wanted to go for a set but it's kind of a bummer that these are just randomly almost 20% more expensive than the primary set.

Oh well, makes it easier for me to resist I guess. lol

Out of ALL the chips the Cali hundos are the one chip that dropped my jaw when I first opened their box.

First thc chip to ever use the spot pattern this way as far as I know. Harbor lights $500 (RHC) and Dunes $1k (housemold). Any other chips out there that do it?

JCCLsuJ.jpg

I didn't realize until now that those spot colors are Salmon. After picking up some of the Jumers secondary $2.50, I think this color is very very underrated. It pulls very bright, almost radioactive in person. Do you think GPI/Paulson have modified this color in recent years?

I don't think it's random.

I mean, I get supply and demand and all that. I guess I just assumed that a similar quantity of the secondary chips were made vs primary given how popular the Cali colors have been in these custom sets.

I mean, I get supply and demand and all that. I guess I just assumed that a similar quantity of the secondary chips were made vs primary given how popular the Cali colors have been in these custom sets.
Some spot patterns that were used in the secondary set have been or were already discontinued. That's why there's a "premium"...

Yeah, it's not supply and demand as far as "we" are concerned. It's more that the cost to buy the chips from GPI were overall more expensive than the primaries.

Some spot patterns that were used in the secondary set have been or were already discontinued. That's why there's a "premium"...
Yeah, it's not supply and demand as far as "we" are concerned. It's more that the cost to buy the chips from GPI were overall more expensive than the primaries.

That makes sense. I figured it had something to do with GPI trying to squeeze more money out lol. Thanks for the explanation.

I didn't realize until now that those spot colors are Salmon. After picking up some of the Jumers secondary $2.50, I think this color is very very underrated. It pulls very bright, almost radioactive in person. Do you think GPI/Paulson have modified this color in recent years?
I don’t think this color has changed over the years. Very bright and radioactive for sure

That makes sense. I figured it had something to do with GPI trying to squeeze more money out lol. Thanks for the explanation.

My observation from the other discussion thread:
Wow the 600-chip secondary set is nearly $700 more expensive than the primary. Confirmation that Cali colors are better! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Jeep's explanation:
High quantities of discontinued patterns (5, 25) and the special coloration on the 4v418 hundo

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/pricelist.htm

Different chip supplier but you can see here how different spot patterns retail at different prices. Add a bribe to recontinue a spot pattern on top of premium spot prices and you'll get an idea for why the pricing is higher.

http://www.classicpokerchips.com/pokerchips/realclay/pricelist.htm

Different chip supplier but you can see here how different spot patterns retail at different prices. Add a bribe to recontinue a spot pattern on top of premium spot prices and you'll get an idea for why the pricing is higher.

Correct.

(Nerd mode activated)

As you can see in my Cost per Chip chart, the biggest contributing factor to the secondary sets being more expensive are the $5 and $25 chips.
These secondary chips are $2 and $3.50 more expensive just by themselves. Multiply that by 1 rack of each and the difference is $550!

I’m still debating. I know I’ll regret not getting them but I don’t know if can get them.

Also if anyone is getting the 25c/50c set, I’d like another rack of fracs

Out of ALL the chips the Cali hundos are the one chip that dropped my jaw when I first opened their box.

First thc chip to ever use the spot pattern this way as far as I know. Harbor lights $500 (RHC) and Dunes $1k (housemold). Any other chips out there that do it?

JCCLsuJ.jpg

Maybe GPI produced these first..... :unsure: They are the primaries, ya know.:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1463.jpg

Correct.

(Nerd mode activated)

As you can see in my Cost per Chip chart, the biggest contributing factor to the secondary sets being more expensive are the $5 and $25 chips.
These secondary chips are $2 and $3.50 more expensive just by themselves. Multiply that by 1 rack of each and the difference is $550!
As far as I know that $5 edge pattern, 3TA338 or whatever wasn’t discontinued was it??

As far as I know that $5 edge pattern, 3TA338 or whatever wasn’t discontinued was it??
Yes the 3ta14 was not available either. I was heartbroken at first because it was always my dream cali $5 from day 1.

Same for all the W chips and 6d18/8d18

Last edited:
I thought I saw 3and4TA18… maybe but even the wider spot one as well?
Nonsensical
If the reasoning was small spots harder to form or whatever
Ok
Well those aren’t skinny
No one ever mentioned smaller was the reason as far as I know. 3ta316 is still available for example, but the 3ta14 was not. Both 4TA versions were not available either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom