Thrift Store Find (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
My daughter spotted this case of chips at a thrift store. Priced at $15 for 600+chips and case...snap call.

These are the pics she sent me. I have no idea if the entire set are ASM clays or mixed bag of junk. I've asked her not to reveal until I arrive later today.

IMG_20220824_131623468.jpg
IMG_20220824_133813682.jpg

I was wondering about Jack Todd diamonds.

How to tell the difference between Paulson, Jack Todd's?

The latter are definitely more plasticky but handle and sound well. Look for injection mold pips inside the diamonds (4 per face) and equal width of inner and outer rings. Weight should be close to 9g.

Yellows are definitely plastic super diamonds. Good luck on the rest, hopefully more b molds or other clay in there!

Edit to add: here's the injection mark from your picture.
View attachment 974494
Looks like:
-2 barrels of leaded Paulson's with starburst over stamp "ARC"
-Just over 2 racks of the ASM Bmolds
-the yellow SD
-the rest are mermaids:(

The chips below the 2 racks are mermaid and diamond (black, yellow, and reds) injection molded chips and won't be making the return trip home w me...haven't decided what if anything to do with the Bmolds and Paulson's. May not be worth the effort.

The chips below the 2 racks are mermaid and diamond (black, yellow, and reds) injection molded chips and won't be making the return trip home w me...haven't decided what if anything to do with the Bmolds and Paulson's. May not be worth the effort.
Take everything with a smile, make your daughter feel appreciated. dump th bad chips after you leave if you don't want them. Good intentions were there with this purchase

The case looks decent enough and you could auction the barrels and racks of decent chips to fund dinner next time you meet up with her.

For the ones you don’t want, donate them back to the thrift store and let them sell them again.

Strange that some of the B molds appear to be the same color but some are dimes and some quarters. Different card rooms on the other side?

Those stamps look deep, nothing like CPC is putting out now, those are def ASMs or someone stamped them in the after market. Cool little find!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom