Thread of Proofs // Add your custom chip proofs here (4 Viewers)

I think he ordered but still had to adjust colors as production batch has not run yet.
Exact kid. Ordered already and soon to be produced.
With remark about dayglow prices I was able to make a small change before the real factory production. Wich is great.

But I understand his post because it started a bit about choices. And this can go west easily

Design remains to be done : 5c / 25c / 1€ / 5€ / 20€ / 100€
Colors also choosen to fit the budget (avoiding the nice dayglows, etc ...)
Here is the final design produced in the next CSQ batch ... Thanks again @mattross1313 for the inlay design. Really easy to work with him.
You will get where the inspiration comes from. Needed to fit with my vintage Vegas felt design.

divinerites-cpc-FINAL.png

Thanks! How to get the artwork of Pharaoh's chips? I have been looking for this for quite a long time. Finally see it here!
That proof was for the first china-clay material version of the Pharaoh's Club chips, with both mold and label design by @Johnny5 for @TheChipRoom with permission from original Pharaoh's artwork owner Greg Cagle (owner of now-defunct chiptalk.net).

I think Josh @Apache now owns the artwork rights. If wanting to use the artwork with permission, I'd start there and also reach out to John @Johnny5.

Been working on these. Need to fix my inlay though. Just throwing it in there to get a feel but the design phase is far from done.

Being from south Louisiana and growing up in the swamps, white shrimp boots were basically our Nike's lol. So I'm thinking "white boot poker room" or something along those lines.

Been working on these. Need to fix my inlay though. Just throwing it in there to get a feel but the design phase is far from done.

Being from south Louisiana and growing up in the swamps, white shrimp boots were basically our Nike's lol. So I'm thinking "white boot poker room" or something along those lines.
I strongly recommend starting a thread in the "Poker Chip Mockup and Design" section of PCF. You will get plenty of feedback on your specific design, and you can reward everyone's contributions with the finished set when it arrives.

In the meantime, you won't be fouling up a thread dedicated to "proofs", a section that focuses only on what is (or was) in actual production.

I strongly recommend starting a thread in the "Poker Chip Mockup and Design" section of PCF. You will get plenty of feedback on your specific design, and you can reward everyone's contributions with the finished set when it arrives.

In the meantime, you won't be fouling up a thread dedicated to "proofs", a section that focuses only on what is (or was) in actual production.
My apologies. Am I able to delete my post?

Apparently I never put these here. $500 has been retired, 2nd run should (hopefully) arrive within the month with a $1000, a new $500 and an alternate spot alignment on one of the other chips.

For the record the final mock up $100 shown is not what was made but it was fixed without an additional mock being sent... spots are rotated 180 degrees plus blue replaced imperial blue and chocolate replaced pink.

View attachment 77587
View attachment 77588
Dude these are amazing I have to tag you in a post of mine - maybe you can help

Early draft. Inspiration being drawn from the Stateline chips, which I think capture the sine qua non of every great inlaid mid-century chip. I also think I found the perfect quote to put on my DBs (murdered 50mm Paulson no molds) considering the theme

Excited to see where this ultimately goes

BE7EEF66-A3E6-4FA3-9E60-74C79D970928.png

7B24F051-0FDB-4B8A-BDA7-CBB3D712B538.jpeg

First I started with an initial idea and created my primaries.
20211124 CPC Offical Proof.png

My locals got a bit confused with the white $100 so I made some charcoal $100s and called those my secondary $100s.
2022 Secondary 100 Proof.png

Looking at the charcoal $100s next to ther purple $25 I wasn't fully satisfied so I designed up a green secondary $25 which matches better. I included with my add on order more chips for the smaller denoms so I can easily stretch my set to 2 tables if ever needed. Total chip set grows to just under 2200 chips.
20240316 THO Cash Set Add On Proof.png

View attachment 1299078

My locals got a bit confused with the white $100 so I made some charcoal $100s and called those my secondary $100s.
View attachment 1299079

Looking at the charcoal $100s next to ther purple $25 I wasn't fully satisfied so I designed up a green secondary $25 which matches better. I included with my add on order more chips for the smaller denoms so I can easily stretch my set to 2 tables if ever needed. Total chip set grows to just under 2200 chips.
View attachment 1299083
Are you sure that 2200 chips will cover two tables?

Bake Off Giggle GIF by PBS

View attachment 1299078

View attachment 1299079

View attachment 1299083
Do you have photos of these chips anywhere?

Just got these in the mail today. I'm pretty happy with them. Working on the 'fun chip' designs next - bounty, show em, and rabbit hunting.

I'm 99% certain I will be going with the versions on the top, but if anyone had feedback I am open.

Attachments

• Yin Yang Chip Samples.jpg
    Yin Yang Chip Samples.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 87
IMHO, stay away from that crap. :)
Again, tastes are subjective and I 'm not paying for these.
I 'd suggest you to see a lot more and read a lot more before you spend your money.
:)

Are you referring to the design or the ceramic chips? What do you not like about them?
Ceramics are good value for money.
It's the design which is too busy or "unorthodox". Just make sure to have seen a lot and have read a lot before spending.
EDIT: I mean you can hardly read the denominations
In the end, it's going to be YOUR set of chips.

Ceramics are good value for money.
It's the design which is too busy or "unorthodox". Just make sure to have seen a lot and have read a lot before spending.
In the end, it's going to be YOUR set of chips.

Thanks. I have noticed that most chips are much simpler and have wondered why that was. Do people feel like it distracts from the game or that it makes them hard to distinguish or something?

Honestly, most of the chips I see seem a bit boring and plain to me and I wonder why people don't make them more interesting.

Thanks. I have noticed that most chips are much simpler and have wondered why that was. Do people feel like it distracts from the game or that it makes them hard to distinguish or something?

Honestly, most of the chips I see seem a bit boring and plain to me and I wonder why people don't make them more interesting.
Man, instead of me telling you my personal bullshit, just see the Database here

Wow. Thanks for the awesome welcome to the forum. Glad to know it's a friendly place!
I guess you interpreted my reply as unfriendly. Cultural misunderstaning.
NOT the case. I 've just invited you to see many members' creations to form an opinion of your own, goddammit. :)

Wow. Thanks for the awesome welcome to the forum. Glad to know it's a friendly place!
@TheFlyingDrunkman this thread was intended for the posting of finalized proofs and not as much a discussion thread.

Try making a post in Poker Chip General or Custom Poker Chips for more feedback on the design or the chips.

I think @Coyote is saying he's only giving you his own opinions and that you could look through a lot of already completed designs to see already created designs and their final products. There are thousands of threads on design, feedback, and discussion in between and the custom chip database has lots of chips you can scan through.

Generally you want to go with a design that you like and holds to your priorities. Keep in mind though, your priorities and preferences may change over time, especially if you are newer to chipping. I've been chipping for a long time and my preferences still continue to evolve and change. The easily readable denominations is for asthetics and does have a good function of helping a game run smoothly especailly if the colors are non-standard or if you have new players from time to time. The chips you posted above don't seem to have edge spots so I'm not sure how they look in stacks or how functinal they could be. Those might just be test prints inentionally created without the edge spots. If you have the design proofs, create a new post in custom chip mock up and design for feedback.

PM if you have questions and I'd be happy to point you around the site.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom