• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Thousands of Palm Beach Chips 89c each (1 Viewer)

I just scored 1k Scandias. I'll be needing some 25s and 100s. Let me know if you'd like to make a trade.

Sounds good to me. Hoping there are enough hundos to make everyone happy, but I doubt it!

they are evidence bags as bivey stole them for 89 cent each.....funny how anything under a buck now seems like a bargain, good steal bivey (y) :thumbsup:

We'll see what shape they are in. Just getting my gambol ready for S@PIII. :as::as: Or :7c::2d:?

Grats on the pickup and gl on the cleaning! Cant wait to see the result. I might have liked some of those pastel roulettes but they look pretty beat for .89

I contacted the guy when the listing was posted and told him i was interested in the whole lot...he responded to me later that someone had bought a bunch of the chips already and gave me a list of what he had left..

I assumed it was Bivey, and told him i was only interested in buying the lot as a whole, so i wasnt interested anymore. He later tells me that he had the power to cancel the other persons (bivey's) order and could sell me all of it if i wanted. I told him that is pretty shady that he would just cancel an order like that and I couldnt trust him anymore.

Dude seemed mad shady though....I just noticed he relisted and still shows the H&C listed when i know he has an updated count since he sent it to me.

I just wanted to make sure bivey gets his chips

I noticed the same thing about the listing. I had placed the first bid on the original auction, and a couple of other bids came along as well. (I assume one of them was bivey's.) Yesterday the other two bids were both retracted, which I assume is because bivey paid the guy and therefore didn't need to 'win' the auction anymore.

I retracted my bid as well, choosing "Seller changed the item description" for my reason -- even though the Palm Beach Cruise Line chips are still listed. :cautious:

Fingers crossed. I'm not sure whether this seller is shady, or just incompetent.

Would love a rack (or more) of the hundos :D
If not, even a barrel would be nice

I was the other retracted bid. Fingers crossed for bivey.

I retracted my bid at seller's request. He asked me today if I had gotten chips which would be pretty fast from Florida to Washington. Tracking number still lists item as not shipped. I'm about 50/50 on actually receiving chips.

I asked him if I bought them could I pick them up in Miami where he says he is located. He said he is not in Miami.

It's perplexing as to why he's been selling these chips under 3 different names, of which none have any feedback as a seller despite several thousand chips (non h&c) appearing to be sold over the last month or so. I'm wondering if the seller isn't even in the US, which would explain why they have the ship's propellers and anchors for sale (it was scrapped in the Dominican Republic in 2015).

Below are the other 2 sellers who have both sold a lot back on March 13/14 (neither including any H&C) and it does appear that they've been removed from the currently active auction.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/antonyfedo1...3D&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2046732.m1684

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Single-lot-...379247?hash=item4d40f683ef:g:kpsAAOSwoBtW5hAD

Below is the propeller, note the photos of what certainly could be the Domincan Republic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ship-vessel...64791cee:g:ay8AAOSwQgpXAZht&item=121944743150

After you get them, I should contact him again and say I changed my mind and I will buy them all and offer him more than he asked. Then he won't have them all to give me

Apparently chips are in customs in NYC. We will see.

Interesting, so I assume this means that the seller is indeed out of the country? Does the tracking info show the original shipping origin? I'm guessing that he's in the Domican Republic, as that's where the ship was scrapped back in 2015. It also spent some considerable time at a port in the Bahamas before being tugged to the DR for salvage.

The company and the ship have some rather fascinating history, and went defunct under less that scrupulous conditions. At one point in time (while under chapter 11) the owners tried to turn the ship into a floating hotel for aide workers in Haiti, but many claimed it was just a ploy to get out of paying the foreign crew their back wages and not have to pay their fare home.

It was also in such a state of disrepair that it was forced to use tugboats in and out of it's FL port, all the while continuing to run gaming operations. This was due to the main engine going out and the Coast Guard wouldn't allow them to navigate the port on just a backup(s). The same company also owned The Big Easy, which went through a $40 million update, but despite that never made it back into operation (and was eventually scrapped to generate a temporary liquid $ lifeline).

Update time. Tracking number has the chips in the ISC in NYC originating from Santo Domingo. I've been thinking about pricing and availability of these and will have more info once I see conditions of chips. Trades are definitely a possibility @H|Q but I won't know for sure for a while.

Reactions: H|Q
Also, in addition to trade, I was thinking about harvesting 2v chips in Vegas in June to go along with these. Red rock and mgm both have 2v $1 chips but molds are a problem. Red rock is RHC and mgm is a house mold. I'd favor the MGM chips. Not sure if I know of any short or long cane 2vs out there.

Update time. Tracking number has the chips in the ISC in NYC originating from Santo Domingo. I've been thinking about pricing and availability of these and will have more info once I see conditions of chips. Trades are definitely a possibility @H|Q but I won't know for sure for a while.

Wow, that is indeed the city in the DR where the ship was salvaged. Amazing that these chips (plus the chips of the failed 'big easy') were still on board when it pulled in, especially considering that it sat rotting at a port in the Bahamas for almost 3 years, then another 3 years in Santo Domingo before actually being sliced/diced. If only those babies could talk!

Box arrived today. I'm at work but my wife says it is large and crushed. About what I expected. Fingers crossed. Update late tonight when I get home from work.

Can't wait to see the first unboxing pics. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom