Cash Game This workhorse-heavy breakdown works, right? (1 Viewer)

dmoney

Full House
Reaction score
Set would be for 25c/25c through 1/1 cash games, with buy-ins from $25 to $100, with 25c/25c and $25 buy-in and 25c/50c/$50 being the most common expected uses.

80x fracs
440x $1s
80x or 100x $5s
60x $25s
17x $100

Total bank a little over $4,000, or 30 buy ins over $130. And I would think all those workhorse chips on the table could induce more action.

Should be plenty, right?

Should be fine.
FWIW, I’ve always felt like the $1 and the $5 were sort of dual workhorse chips in my home .25/.50 game, though honestly, the $1s get used more than the $5s at about 2:1.
But I’d never consider hosting a big bet $1/1 game with only one rack of $5s.

Should be fine.
FWIW, I’ve always felt like the $1 and the $5 were sort of dual workhorse chips in my home .25/.50 game, though honestly, the $1s get used more than the $5s at about 2:1.
But I’d never consider hosting a big bet $1/1 game with only one rack of $5s.
+1 this ^^^

@dmoney , how many players? You're breakdown is probably good for .25/.50 and below, bit not 1/1. We play .50/1 and generally need 2 racks of 5s for 7 or more players. Might need 3 racks if 2 full tables.

+1 this ^^^

@dmoney , how many players? You're breakdown is probably good for .25/.50 and below, bit not 1/1. We play .50/1 and generally need 2 racks of 5s for 7 or more players. Might need 3 racks if 2 full tables.
Single table, 10 max. This is just a project set for now - I'd pick a different one with a better breakdown and deeper bank usually (I really like 100/200/200/80/20 as an aside).

A dice-chip home game I've played in regularly has a 25c/25c cash game with some straddles to 50c and $1 (though the record is a $16 straddle) that runs once enough players bust from the tournament, with buy-ins of $10-$20. I'm thinking this might be a fun little set for that game. In the past, the host has allowed me to guest my sets if I run the bank.

Watching this with interest. I'm new and thinking about a cash set initially aimed at 25c/25c $25 buy in with aim of growing the stakes slowly. Seems you would need more 25c chips. Curious what more experienced guys think.

You’ll be making a lot of change if 80 fracs. $5 = barrel. A barrel is about what I’d want all my players to start with with a few barrels worth in reserve

Watching this with interest. I'm new and thinking about a cash set initially aimed at 25c/25c $25 buy in with aim of growing the stakes slowly. Seems you would need more 25c chips. Curious what more experienced guys think.
I would generally not advise 80 fracs. I'm among those that think 100 or 120 blind chips for a full table is enough, and have found this to be a great starting breakdown for games from 25c/25c through 1/2.

100 fracs (25c in your case)
200 $1
200 $5
80 $25
20 $100

600 total chips. I'd add at least another rack of $5s and probably more $25 if you plan to play 1/2 more often.

For .25/.50, 8-max, I like 120 quarters, though I think it’s slight overkill - 100 is fine. I’d say 80 is the minimum for 10 max.
I’ve never hosted .25/.25, but my guess is the frac requirements would be about the same as .25/.50.

You’ll be making a lot of change if 80 fracs. $5 = barrel. A barrel is about what I’d want all my players to start with with a few barrels worth in reserve
Do you think having so many $1s on the table (up to ~40 per player here) would encourage more betting in $1 amounts, and thus less change-making, rather than smaller bets that need change? I think 20 blind chips per player would start to just sit in stacks.

Do you think having so many $1s on the table (up to ~40 per player here) would encourage more betting in $1 amounts, and thus less change-making, rather than smaller bets that need change? I think 20 blind chips per player would start to just sit in stacks.
In my .25/.25 and .50/.50 games the fracs only get used in an initial open pre/initial bet post. Otherwise round dollar amounts from there

I find people limp or call more when there too many Low denomination chip.

They however tends to fold or raise more if they have more high denomination chips

I find people limp or call more when there too many Low denomination chip.

They however tends to fold or raise more if they have more high denomination chips
Well put. For games at the stakes I'm suggesting, I think $1s strike a good balance between the two, and make for pots with lots of chips.

More chips usually mean more action. You could reduce or take out $5 all together and skip to $25 chips for the honcho in the small stakes game. You’d need more $1. But it makes for a fun low stakes game.

Build your church (set) for Easter Sunday. Is there a size limit to your set?

especially 312 blue $1's
Everyone knows this is the edge spot if you want an action game!
1637783427605.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom