This is where we bitch about our fantasy football teams. (1 Viewer)

bergs

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Somehow I've won 2 games this year. To the people that forgot to update their lineup those 2 weeks, I want to say thank you, and I appreciate your negligence.

(Just checked - one of the guys that forgot to start a kicker actually beat me. FML).

Let's look at what football general managers call "The Roster", and what I call "The Shortcut In My Browser That Makes Me Dry Heave And Call For Mommy".

Ladies and gentlemen, "Isray's Drunk Bus":

1st - CUT - Jamaal Charles. Out for year w/ injured ACL. Pussy.
4th - CUT - Jimmy Graham (received in trade). Not featured in Seattle offense. Or any offense. Anywhere. Ever.
5th - CUT - DeSean Jackson. Torn hamstring first quarter of week 1. I was not sober in the 5th round, FWIW.
8th - CUT - Tevin Coleman. Broke ribs in week 2. Lost job to a woman named Devonta Freeman in his absence. .
9th - CUT - Roddy White. Old and sucks.
10th - CUT - Bishop Sankey. Young and sucks.
11th - CUT - Tony Romo. Out for 10 weeks with broken vagina.
12th - CUT - Texas Defense. The DB Cooper of National Football League (tm) defenses.
13th - CUT - DeAngelo Williams. I wanted a guy nicknamed "Cadillac" in round 13.
14th - CUT - Darren Sproles. Small and sucks.
15th - CUT - Dan Bailey. Can't kick field goals with Weeden stalling drives at his own 15 yard line.
16th - CUT - David Johnson. 3rd best running on his team...with the last name "Johnson".

I still have my 2nd pick (Calvin Johnson) but he blows because he's getting thrown the ball by a guy who looks like he suffered 1000 bee stings to the face (The Quarterback Formerly Known As Matt Stafford). I'm not making fun of Fat Face Stafford. I feel for the guy. Hell, you try to throw a football 25 yards into double coverage with a face swelled up like the goddamn Goodyear Blimp. Shit ain't easy.

I still have my 3rd pick too (TJ Hilton) but he's getting thrown the football (or not thrown, as the case may be) by a guy who's famous for having a wife on that chick program "The View". Yeah, the one from Survivor with the big boobs. The chick I mean, not the quarterback. I actually forget the QB's name. Fuck that guy. Who gives a flying shit about the Colts anyway?

I also still have my 6th pick (Arian Foster). Arian actually came back from an injury, unlike the rest of my roster, but give him time, he'll blow out something. I'm pulling for you Arian. Every Houston Texan offensive play that doesn't involve a golf cart with a stretcher being driven onto the field makes me first pump in sheer, unadulterated joy.

My 7th pick (Travis Kelce), is a passably good tight end, and by 'passably good', I mean he can actually walk from the bench, to the huddle, and then line up and amble somewhere. Attaboy Travis. Your ability to lumber 50 yards in 8.4 minutes makes me want to run out by your jersey. Unfortunately, I just called Kansas City's pro shop and they laughed at me and asked me if I'd like a Len Dawson jersey instead. I can't pass up a $180 authentic jersey from the Super Bowl MVP from 1874, so I said yes, here's my credit card number. Fuck Kansas City with Meriwether Lewis' petrified walking stick.

Luckily I picked up everyone's favorite red headed stepchild (Andy Dalton) at QB and James Jones from GB at WR/Flex. I have nothing funny to say about a guy named "James Jones", and any picture of Andy Dalton is immediate comic relief in it's own right, so let's move on.

I grabbed some guy named Knife Davis, who's only real purpose is to hopefully replace some of the offense that I lost when Jamaal Charles' knee turned into a bowl of baked potato soup. (Note: it's Knile Davis, but fucking whatever).

I scooped up Arian Foster's backup, named Alfred Blue, or has some people disaffectionally call him "Awyou Blew". I'm not even sure that Awyou Blew has, like, you know, legs.

I just glanced at the bottom of the pathetic list of names that comprise my god-awful roster and found some guy named Ryan Matthews. I know nothing about Ryan Matthews, except that he backs up DeMarco Murray who is probably suffering fatigue from carrying the ball for Dallas 9,489,354 times last year. Ryan Matthews is what happens when you make waiver wire pickups at 3:00am from a poker table at the Mohegan Sun after last call. Don't be "Drunk Waiver Wire Roster Filling Guy". Get DirecTV.

My kicker and defense is a revolving door. I usually repeat names at the dinner table to my dog until he barks at one. He's actually barking because I'm doing saying these names with a mouthful of steak and he wants some, but fucking whatever, Justin Tucker got me some points this weekend. Thanks little buddy.

In closing, I'm no expert, but when you cut 13 of your 16 draft choices by week 5, you're probably not going to have a successive season. Fuck football with the unleashed fury of a thousand red giant suns. When does fantasy croquet start?

My other team was called "Beaten Baby Seals" but someone took offense to that, like in calling my team that I was going to get on a trawler with a club and head out to sea...so I renamed them the "Downtrodden Baby Seals". Cheer up, little guys...TJ Yeldon will get us to the promised land, right after they re-attach all those muscles in his groin to a bone somewhere. Let's Go Baby Seals!

I wish you were in my league, because then I would have a chance at a win...maybe. Let's just say...I still am rostering Sankey! It's bad.

I can commiserate.

As evidenced by the above, drafting a Titans offensive player in any round angers the FF gods. They never forget. Don't do it kids.

I feel like I have a gift that I should somehow market. You see if I start a guy in fantasy he will immediately play completely out of character and do really bad. This is especially true when he is in a so called "favorable matchup"

For example this past week I start the KC defense because they are playing Cutler and my other defense is the Rams who are playing Green Bay at Lambeau with Aaron "I haven't thrown an INT at home since Noah started construction on the Ark". Expecting Cutler to be Cutler and feed the defense at least 2 picks, what does baby Jay do? Leads his team for the game winning drive, never once threatening to throw to the other team. What did the Rams defense do? Oh just picked off Rogers twice. Doh!

Next example, Owen Daniels. The Raiders have been welcoming tight ends with arms wide open to score at least 1 TD and gain 100 yards all season. I start Owen Daniels for this reason and he drops literally every pass thrown his way and gets me a big fat zero.

Ryan Matthews last week got me a -1 so I bench him. This week he scores 2 TD's. It goes on and on and I really don't know why I subject myself to the frustration. My league loves me because my bench routinely outscores my starters and my opponents let out a sigh of relief that I didn't start so and so.

Bottom line if you have someone you need to do really bad either in fantasy or real NFL let me know and I'll try and pick them up on my team. I'll take chips as the form of payment lol.

/rant

When I draft players, they cringe in abject terror, realizing with full certainty that a career-threatening injury is in their immediate future.

I'm like the Madden cover of fantasy football. If I draft you - particularly with my first round pick, you're essentially doomed. What an awful, sinking feeling it must be knowing that you're destined to snap a femur or destroy all 3 cruciate ligaments when you walk out on the field that first beautiful shining day of the new season.

awesome thread, lol. Usually I'd be able to participate. For some reason my team is doing pretty well.

I like the format of our roster. No kickers or TE's. Three flex spots (of course I have two TE's, drafted Gronk and picked up eifert after week 1).

Many moons ago, I was in a $300 fantasy football league with an actual live draft, like in a room where you had to go up to the board and sheepishly offer your pick up to the fantasy football gods in the form of a small sticker with some poor soul's name hastily scribbled upon it. As you affixed the sticker to the fabled draft board, permanently sealing your team's fate for all of eternity, one was inevitably subjected to the ridicule and embarrassment that can only be levied by ones peers in a fantasy football league.

Sadly, I had acquired a reputation, nay, a certainty, that anyone with their name on my first sticker of the day would be sentenced to a fate worse than death, worse than famine, worse than even pestilence. That pitiful individual who's name I proffered as my first round pick was going to be ridiculed by Terry Bradshaw for either an poor season or an inexplicable season ending injury. I was the death dealer, the Grim Reaper, the fantasy football player hatchet man. I was also a very easy mark for a cool $300 every year, so my fellow owners accepted me with open arms.

I had watched my first round draft choices get basically crippled for at least 4 straight years. I had a high pick in round 1, and joked that I was going to take Tom Brady and he'd be hurt in week 1. The laughter and mirth of the draft room immediately ceased. Remember, dear reader, that this draft was taking place in Revere, Massachusetts - the very heart of Patriot Nation, and Tom Brady was treated as their native son. To me, however - a humble Cowboys fan beckoning from the Nutmeg State - he was but a pawn in my terrible, dark plan.

So the draft commences, and poor Funion Boy was trembling over his selection, which was right before my pick. Funion Boy was stuck with his uncomfortable moniker because he usually smelled like Funions. Not the kind of smell that made you think "Wow, I'm famished", but rather the kind of odor that made you think "Wow, I'm about to power vomit inside my number 12 Roger Staubach throwback jersey".

In any case, poor Funions had a fateful decision to make. You see, Funions was a Jets fan. I regarded him as a sort of brethren (albeit one that reeked) in that he and I were the only transplants in this league full of native Bostonians. We had a certain connection, in that whenever talk of the Patriots arose we rolled our eyes silently and took long pulls from our Bud-heavy tallboys.

Funions was sweating profusely and kept glancing at me, knowing with dread that if he took the running back he was coveting, it would leave me the opportunity to draft Brady. The room realized that if I drafted Brady, their precious Patriots were sentenced to spend the year with young Matt Cassel over center, an untested quarterback of questionable talent and experience.

Funions strode to the board, his confident countenance betrayed by his shaking hands, as another owner at the front of the room quietly and lethally whispered "Don't do it Funions, I'll hammah you intah the grounn like a fuckin' staaahke".

Funions swiftly affixed his sticker to the board and returned to his seat, head down and shuffling. The room gasped as the sticker bore the letters "JACKSON, S RAMS RB".

Laughing hysterically, I ambled to the front of the room directly after Funions. With the room screaming "NO! NO! GIVE HIM HIZ TREE HUNNNNED DOLLAHS BACK" I ignored their childish catcalls and proudly jammed my sticker onto the board that read "BRADY, T FUCKIN' PATS BRO, QB".

Nobody spoke to me the rest of the draft. Even Funions averted my gaze. The other owners seemed almost resigned to the Pats faring badly in the coming year.

We all know what happened next. Marcus Pollard rolled over Tom Brady's leg, severing his ACL in the first drive of the first quarter of the first game of the season. Brady didn't play for the remainder of the year. New England missed the playoffs. And sadly, or fortunately, depending on your perspective, I curiously failed to receive an invite for the following year's draft.

As it turns out, my guarantee of an easy $300 being added to the leagues' coffers paled in comparison to the misery and dismay I had caused these humble Minutemen.

I occasionally still see members of the league out in a social setting. When the topic of fantasy football arises, they change the conversation to the weather, or how their children are doing at school, or politics...anything to avoid talking about that awful, terrible year where one man, alone with a book of empty draft choice stickers and a permanent ink marker, changed the landscape of the National Football League and the "Revere/Burlington Fantasy Football League" forever.

Awesome story. One small quibble, it was Bernard K Pollard, Patriot Killer, who ended Brady's 2008 season before it began. He also notched Wes Welker, Gronk, and Steven Ridley on his belt.

By the way I have luck-boxed my way into an awesome FF team this year. Despite drafting Shady Mccoy in the 2nd Round, I drafted both Devonta "spells like a woman, runs like a man" Freeman and Dion Lewis late in my draft. Hell, I picked up Gary Barnridge this week in an emergency situation and all he does is go 8/139/1 this past week.

I'm sure I'm dooming myself for the inevitable decline but so far this season has gone nearly perfectly for me.

I had a 20 game winning streak going in one league that became a 21 game winning streak when Calvin Johnson got Bam Chancelor'ed and fumbled on Monday night...Only to have that turn into a loss Thursday morning when Elias Sports Bureau decided Derrick Carr Fumbled and not Latavius Murray. Fuck.

For example this past week I start the KC defense because they are playing Cutler and my other defense is the Rams who are playing Green Bay at Lambeau with Aaron "I haven't thrown an INT at home since Noah started construction on the Ark". Expecting Cutler to be Cutler and feed the defense at least 2 picks, what does baby Jay do? Leads his team for the game winning drive, never once threatening to throw to the other team. What did the Rams defense do? Oh just picked off Rogers twice. Doh!
But Cutler WAS Cutler... Fumbled in the end zone for a KC touchdown. Chiefs D out scored the Rams D.

Finally had a big week going 9-1 with my 10 teams (grabbing Gates as my top waiver grab after week 2 on seven of the teams helped)... If playoffs started today I'd be in seven of them. Does that count as bitching? :)

But Cutler WAS Cutler... Fumbled in the end zone for a KC touchdown. Chiefs D out scored the Rams D.

True, when I originally looked they scored the same but our league seems to adjust scores quite often. For example last night during live scoring I lost by 4 to my opponent but this AM it was only a 1 point loss.

Speaking of that. Last night I had to sweat Phyllis Rivers, Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown. I was screaming for Rivers to just hand the ball off every once in awhile but it seemed like he threw the ball every single play. Watched the 49 point lead I had slowly chip away with each little dump pass he threw. I thought I'd pulled it out until Bell gets in on the last play of the game. Games like last night is why I simultaneously love and loathe fantasy football.

Lost two damn players for the season this weekend. L. Bell and S. Smith. That's gonna sting.

For whatever reason when given the chance DeAngelo has out/equally performed Bell. Don't know if he can keep it up but it would soothe the sting a bit if you can grab him.

I'm strongly considering grabbing Aiken in a number of my league as a fill... He will have a number of worthless starts but he will go off ala Torrey Smith in two or three.

For whatever reason when given the chance DeAngelo has out/equally performed Bell. Don't know if he can keep it up but it would soothe the sting a bit if you can grab him.

I'm strongly considering grabbing Aiken in a number of my league as a fill... He will have a number of worthless starts but he will go off ala Torrey Smith in two or three.

He isn't available. Aiken huh. I'll check on him.

He isn't available.
Most years I would see that as strange (unless your league has screwy waiver/FA rules and someone already grabbed him after Bell went down) but this is a screwy year in fantasy football for WR/RBs. In half my leagues Ive had three defenses (or empty slots) for the past couple weeks because there just hasn't been anyone out there worth picking up.

Most years I would see that as strange (unless your league has screwy waiver/FA rules and someone already grabbed him after Bell went down) but this is a screwy year in fantasy football for WR/RBs. In half my leagues Ive had three defenses (or empty slots) for the past couple weeks because there just hasn't been anyone out there worth picking up.

The guy that has him drafted him and has held onto him the entire season. I'll just have to depend on Brady/Gronk to score half my team points every week :eek:

Yeah it was brutal for me as well, Bell, Smith, Allen....shit, I even had fitzpatrick streaming in one of my leagues. Lol

I'm up near the top of all leagues so picking deangelo up on this waiver period probably isn't happening. Oh well, the cunning stunts will march on, next man up! Lol

I am 5-3 and have 300 more points against than the next closest team.

My team has the second most points scored.

A 6-2 team has 250 less points for.

Good times!

Guess I can't complain to much. I'm 7-1 and have the most points scored in the league. In my one loss, I had the second highest scoring week, lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom