Thinking of buying my Grandma poker chips for Christmas :) (1 Viewer)

GoStumpy

Flush
Reaction score
Finally going to be spending some time with my (94 year old) grandma this Christmas, and I want to get her something that is meaningful and useful... she is the one that taught me how to play cards when I was a kid, and she still likes to play poker at our Christmas dinners....

What are some good inexpensive options for a cash mini set of chips?

I'm thinking Pharaoh china clays, maybe Milanos... any other ideas?

Hoping to do a 600ct set in a birdcage for as cheap as possible....

Any ideas welcome!!

After looking at Apache, what's in stock is going to be my issue... quarters and nickels for Pharaoh's are out of stock, and key tournament chips for the Championship Poker chips are also out of stock...

Just realized that she plays small stakes so nickels would be a good idea, we usually do like $10 buyin christmas games... and Dunes doesn't have nickels :(

I guess a Wanted ad in the classifieds for Pharaoh's cash set would be my first best bet...

I'm not sure if you have the time, but you could pick up blank Milanos or Majestics and get some @Gear labels to label the OOS denoms yourself. You would need to double check with Gear on art availability and lead time, but it might work.

I'm not sure if you have the time, but you could pick up blank Milanos or Majestics and get some @Gear labels to label the OOS denoms yourself. You would need to double check with Gear on art availability and lead time, but it might work.

Great idea! :D

Such a nice idea, I did this a few years back for my 90+ grandmother and she loved them. She lived out in Vagas for a number of years, so I got her some chips with the old school welcome to Vagas sign on them, cc's we not invented yet so inexpensive options were limited. The custom Milano or majestic will do nicely. Good luck, I hope she loves them.

Ok that's a fackin GREAT idea to get some custom labels and apply them to some china clays.. I could even include the family crest:

Bastarache.jpg

Sent a MSG to @Gear about it :)

After looking at Apache, what's in stock is going to be my issue... quarters and nickels for Pharaoh's are out of stock, and key tournament chips for the Championship Poker chips are also out of stock...

Just realized that she plays small stakes so nickels would be a good idea, we usually do like $10 buyin christmas games... and Dunes doesn't have nickels :(

I guess a Wanted ad in the classifieds for Pharaoh's cash set would be my first best bet...
For Pharaoh's, I have 100 in $0.05 and 25 in $0.25, if interested. They're just extras from my old micro-stakes game. PM me if you are.

Finally going to be spending some time with my (94 year old) grandma this Christmas, and I want to get her something that is meaningful and useful... she is the one that taught me how to play cards when I was a kid, and she still likes to play poker at our Christmas dinners....

What are some good inexpensive options for a cash mini set of chips?

I'm thinking Pharaoh china clays, maybe Milanos... any other ideas?

Hoping to do a 600ct set in a birdcage for as cheap as possible....

Any ideas welcome!!
What a great gift idea...I’m sure she will love it.

I realized over the weekend that I had a set of WPT Bellagio plastic chips (my first chip set that wasn't dice chips, lol)... so I removed some inlays from those and they have a HUGE recess, perfect for laminated @Gear labels :)

s-l300.jpg

bellagiowpt4.jpg

A modified version of that:). I just need to find out if she prefers cash or tournament...
Just use 5-25-100-500-2000 with out denominations. Or you could use the cent symbol and then you have a cash and tourney set. I doubt cheating is going to be a huge issue at G-mas home game.

If you go back to CC Pharaoh route from Apache, try emailing Josh a note directly as he may be able to earmark his next shipment for you of whatever he’s out of stock on that you need. Really cool gift idea! Good luck with the inlay project. If it doesn’t work out and you go back to CC’s, I’ve got an extra rack of $0.25 Pharaohs that could part with if you do go that route.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom