Things that make you Happy (2 Viewers)

PXL_20230709_212144739.jpg
PXL_20230709_212155348.jpg
PXL_20230709_212145974.jpg

My oldest (he's 11 now) has been really eager to help me everytime I go mow the yard. No matter what he's doing, even if it's video games, he'll stop to go help me cut the grass. Picture below of him cutting a small patch of grass in the back after we did the side and front yard already, but there's more to the story.

0nLgdmbl.jpg

We cut the grass earlier today and afterwards I was getting some chips ready to clean them so I can label them. The conversation goes like this.

Kid: What are you doing?
Me: Getting ready to clean some poker chips. <Long explanation of my poker chip hobby and why I do it.>
Kids: Can I help you?

youmakemehappy-loveyou.gif

Open gym run this morning, first time in literally 4ish years.

Courts are my happy place. Now I’m just “thoughts and prayers” for my knees and back so hopefully I can keep this going.

View attachment 1145875
Just wrapped another 2 hour session. Been a couple weeks since I’ve been able to have an open Sunday to play.

Down 25.5 lbs from this first time 2 months ago. Not quite back to fighting shape, but hopefully on the way.

Hmmm.... A good cigar on the back porch

Playing games with my equally nerdy wife

Hearing my Dad laugh. Always makes me happy. Only recently realized I won't hear it anymore at some point.

(Sorry that got a lil sad lol)

Hearing my Dad laugh. Always makes me happy. Only recently realized I won't hear it anymore at some point.

(Sorry that got a lil sad lol)
Not sad, fun existential thoughts. Always interesting when you see someone mention that or the dumb little quotes.

Like, at some point, you'll have picked up your child for the very last time. You won't know it, but when it happens it happens. And you don't even realize it, but then the rest of your decades you never pick them up and carry them again.
Playing games with my equally nerdy wife
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/board-gamers-show-us-your-loot.38211/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom