Things that make you Happy (5 Viewers)

Saw @Boother36 last night and picked up the community ultrasonic cleaner and made some dirty chips look new.

PXL_20231015_161305404~2.jpg

I’m happy because this week I started walking (limping) again.
Back in March, had major flat-foot reconstructive surgery. Nine hours in the operating room to do eleven procedures (bone grafts, tendon transfers and ligament repair)…it’s been a long non weight-bearing spring, summer and fall.
IMG_5097.jpeg

But being able to put one foot in front of the other this week has made me the happiest in quite a while.

Back in March, had major flat-foot reconstructive surgery. Nine hours in the operating room to do eleven procedures (bone grafts, tendon transfers and ligament repair)…it’s been a long non weight-bearing spring, summer and fall.
View attachment 1217853
But being able to put one foot in front of the other this week has made me the happiest in quite a while.
So happy for you Steve !

View attachment 1217853
Congrats on getting back to walking!

View attachment 1217853
We go dancing in no time! Keep working on it, physical therapy and rehab suck but they're necessary and you can do it.

Today, as I wrap up my eighth week on medical leave, I "crashed" my team's meeting. To clarify, I'm the director over two groups and I'd coordinated with the manager of one to join the meeting today. We didn't tell the team and it was delightful how they were excited to see me. A very uplifting part of my week!

Neighbor texted me on Friday with free tickets to the Iowa game yesterday. My wife? Not a chance she will deal with the 40 degree end of game temps. My daughter? Hell yeah she wants to go! She makes me very happy. I’ve gone to more games this season than every season since I was a student. Always fun when the Hawks whoop their opponent, too.

IMG_8665.jpeg
IMG_8667.jpeg
IMG_8671.jpeg

Cashing in the poker bankroll to pay a bill.

Usually? This would belong in the bullshit thread. But it feels really good to tell my spouse I can just handwave and handle a big bill we didn't expect. I've saved it away and its a fun way of keeping score, and I've been winning! But today its more than a score, its security and confidence. Feels damn good.

We got our court repaired, resurfaced, and painted for both tennis and pickleball. Today we went out an played a game! Yeah!
View attachment 1226141
NICE! I'm a 3.5 self rated player. 4.0 on less mistakes prone days. lol

Poker related:
When my aces hold up.
Cashing in a tournament especially first place. DUH
The local monthly manhole league tourney.
Mail day of course!
Non poker related:
Family activities especially with the grandkids! Warms the cockles of the hearts.
Vacationing with my travel buddy, the wife. (I sometimes get to play poker on these vacations.)
Looking through our photos.
Cooking for family and friends.
Lazy days at home with the wife and so much more to list.

Recipe please!

Mix the following:

- Most of a 28oz jar of crunchy peanut butter. (Jiff)
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1.5 sticks of butter (melted)

Roll into balls generally from 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter.... My pic above contains a super big one the kids always fight over (that I sometimes end up eating as "Dad's prerogative"). :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Melt two packs of semi-sweet chocolate morsels AND half a brick of Gulf Wax paraffin wax on a double boiler pan. If you don't use a double boiler the chocolate at the bottom will burn and potentially ruin the entire batch.

The paraffin is safe to eat in small quantities and gives the chocolate a shiny luster. You want semi sweet chocolate given the powered sugar in the main mix will make them very sweet already.

Use a big spoon to drench the chocolate lightly over each ball. Chill overnight.

Cashing in the poker bankroll to pay a bill.

Usually? This would belong in the bullshit thread. But it feels really good to tell my spouse I can just handwave and handle a big bill we didn't expect. I've saved it away and its a fun way of keeping score, and I've been winning! But today its more than a score, its security and confidence. Feels damn good.
Happy Role Playing GIF by Hyper RPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom