Things that make you Happy (2 Viewers)

Mix the following:

- Most of a 28oz jar of crunchy peanut butter. (Jiff)
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1.5 sticks of butter (melted)

Roll into balls generally from 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter.... My pic above contains a super big one the kids always fight over (that I sometimes end up eating as "Dad's prerogative"). :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Melt two packs of semi-sweet chocolate morsels AND half a brick of Gulf Wax paraffin wax on a double boiler pan. If you don't use a double boiler the chocolate at the bottom will burn and potentially ruin the entire batch.

The paraffin is safe to eat in small quantities and gives the chocolate a shiny luster. You want semi sweet chocolate given the powered sugar in the main mix will make them very sweet already.

Use a big spoon to drench the chocolate lightly over each ball. Chill overnight.
You're the best! Going to try these in my holiday baking this year. I do have a double boiler, an absolute must!

You're the best! Going to try these in my holiday baking this year. I do have a double boiler, an absolute must!

NP.

Generally I only make them at Christmas. However, the kids nagging was particularly incessant this year so they got them early.

I had heard rumors about a professor playing poker with some buddies and wanted to get involved, we've all seen Rounders lol. He's very nice and I imagine the game is fun and soft.

I sat down for lunch and he joined me. I casually mentioned that I host a very low stakes game with some students after the conversation went to COVID, said that I was thankful to be able to host again. He nods and says that he plays with some buddies from his tennis club! I acted surprised and told him I'd been thinking about finding a game. "Mention it to your buddy that I'm always around to play, I've been meaning to play some cards." He says sure, but I don't know if he's serious or just blowing me off.

Walking by me in the parking lot today and he says he told his friend that he's got a player next time they need a seat. WOOOOOO! I acted relaxed and casual about it but in my head I was going full moon Elmo.

@NotRealNameNoSir , after finding out the tennis club includes Scotty Nguyen, Phil Hellmuth and Jamie Gold...
tenor.gif

Original Nutcracker hand made in Germany
“Deutsche Qualität” ;)
IMG_8005.jpeg

Every year Texas Parks and Wildlife stocks some trout into bodies of water of some local parks. I took the kids out and we met up with other parents and their kids for the festivities. The kids had a great time somewhat fishing and mostly playing with the fish we caught and other kids.

pGe8dC2l.jpg

n0Bvrvwl.jpg

MM7hyZJl.jpg

3lbyxk6l.jpg

qM7g9Pzl.mp4

I had heard rumors about a professor playing poker with some buddies and wanted to get involved, we've all seen Rounders lol. He's very nice and I imagine the game is fun and soft.

I sat down for lunch and he joined me. I casually mentioned that I host a very low stakes game with some students after the conversation went to COVID, said that I was thankful to be able to host again. He nods and says that he plays with some buddies from his tennis club! I acted surprised and told him I'd been thinking about finding a game. "Mention it to your buddy that I'm always around to play, I've been meaning to play some cards." He says sure, but I don't know if he's serious or just blowing me off.

Walking by me in the parking lot today and he says he told his friend that he's got a player next time they need a seat. WOOOOOO! I acted relaxed and casual about it but in my head I was going full moon Elmo.

WHAT WE KNOW: Professor invited me this Saturday night! $50 buyin, BYOB, AND my wife's out of town for the night. Need to make sure the pup is taken care of, then I'm golden.

WHAT WE DON'T KNOW: Don't know time or length or location. I asked if it was "like a tournament, or cashin cashout thing?" and I got a quizzical look, so it's going to be interesting. Definitely not a game I'm worried about safety, fine carrying cash in the pocket not the sock lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom