Things That Are Bullsh*t (5 Viewers)

Something I actually care about in the bullshit thread! A modern-day miracle.

As with nearly all things in the english language, this is a judgement call. But certainly, it is more correct to say farther when referring to some measurable distance and further when referring to a more conceptual distance.

"I hit my ball farther than you."
"He withdrew further from society."

I go farther.
ANY post over 1,000 words. Do you really have that much to say?
Just checked. Two of the posts from my last trip report came in between 900 and 1000 words, while one day took over 1200 words. The wrap-up was 1,536 words.

I guess I really do have that much to say.

I just hope @WedgeRock reads them on the shitter, because if his wife is talking to him about something serious and he starts giggling, he just might get slapped into next week. :eek:

More importantly, long posts are fine. Just learn the use of paragraphs vs a block of text.

Just checked. Two of the posts from my last trip report came in between 900 and 1000 words, while one day took over 1200 words. The wrap-up was 1,536 words.

I guess I really do have that much to say.

I just hope @WedgeRock reads them on the shitter, because if his wife is talking to him about something serious and he starts giggling, he just might get slapped into next week. :eek:

More importantly, long posts are fine. Just learn the use of paragraphs vs a block of text.
FWIW I enjoy your posts very much :LOL: :laugh:

You're absolutely right. We should just give up words altogether and just start grunting.
Dave, Ben and I watched a weird movie about time travel where the guy went to 2037 and the moon had fallen apart and the world started over and there was a colony of deranged humans modified for underground living that instead of talking just grunt-yelled (grelled?) at each eachother to communicate. I LOLed at your comment combined with this image :tup:

You're absolutely right. We should just give up words altogether and just start grunting.
Ok so fun fact about grunting, it actually does help stabilize your core and help you lift more weight. Not that the annoying grunters at the gym know that, they just want attention

Hey...you try deadlifting 800 pounds and not make a sound....
throwpillow,small,600x-bg,f8f8f8-c,0,120,600,600.jpg

The younger generation pretty much has. Have you seen much twitter? They don't reply with words, they reply with memes.

I personally look forward to the day when we can all communicate exclusively via emojis...
Bullshit emoji rant incoming

we use this Skype for Business client at work and that has emojis. Fine. After you type in “: )” and hit send, it changes that to :). Whatever. Here’s the problem tho, some asshole at Microsoft thought:hearts: is a useful emoji for work, and they thought anytime someone typed <3 (get it, it’s a sideways heart) that’s what they meant. On Skype for business. I unintentionally send a heart to someone at least twice a month and it’s always awkward. That emoji shortcut can die in a fire

we use this Skype for Business client at work and that has emojis. Fine. After you type in “: )” and hit send, it changes that to :). Whatever. Here’s the problem tho, some asshole at Microsoft thought:hearts: is a useful emoji for work, and they thought anytime someone typed <3 (get it, it’s a sideways heart) that’s what they meant. On Skype for business. I unintentionally send a heart to someone at least twice a month and it’s always awkward. That emoji shortcut can die in a fire
Grunt.

Personally, I love the <3 (or, as I like calling it, asshat). As a programmer, I feel your pain!

Dave, Ben and I watched a weird movie about time travel where the guy went to 2037 and the moon had fallen apart and the world started over and there was a colony of deranged humans modified for underground living that instead of talking just grunt-yelled (grelled?) at each eachother to communicate. I LOLed at your comment combined with this image :tup:

Ooh that's the Time Machine movie with Guy Pearce? Love that movie

You gotta be able to disable emojis in the Business Client somewhere, right? Ask one of the young guns to show you how.

My school cancelling fall sports (notice they tell you how much revenue they are going to lose on football...but don't tell you what they are *saving* on non-revenue generating sports) and then asking me to make a donation...

View attachment 507854View attachment 507855
So I had to drop out because I couldn't afford any more schooling, and they have the audacity to ask for more?

College is broken.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom