The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (36 Viewers)

Good advice from both of you. So I assume you life with the blade and use it to stick so your fingers don't touch the sticker?

i used my fingers to apply all the labels and only used the blade when i had to get back under a slightly lifted edge when i misaligned the entire thing or if there was just a slight overhang of the label i used it to create a nice cut using the edge of the recess on the chip as a backing then trimmed away the excess of the label to create a clean look. had to do this on about 4 of the 100 chips i relabeled last week.

It's a sexy lineup...

WIN_20181114_21_16_31_Pro.jpg

Any advice for sticking labels? I've got about 1200 chips incoming that need labels rofl

1. drink lots of redbull beforehand.
2. Turn off all lights except the strongest LED strobe light you can find.
3. Blast Metallica.
4. Put on light cotton gloves
5. Apply sticker as fast as you can! Time yourself on each barrel and try to break your record each time.

Obv just kidding above. Others have given excellent advice. ;)

The quarters, while look amazing, tilt me because they are not Vegas chips ;)

Now the other four are awesome! (y) :thumbsup:

Not many, and even fewer with edge spots. Only one hub inlay THC chip I know of (and have never seen it in person or for sale):

37359.jpg

....then take your sweet ass time lining up as much of the semi circle of the chip to the curve of the label. don't press it all down at once but smooth it out gently bit by bit to ensure that its actually lining up all along the recess in the chip. if its not, gently pull it up and retry,

Just thinking about this. Obviously, the best thing would be to avoid touching the underside of the sticker at all...

How about loosening the sticker from its backing, putting a tiny drop of rubber cement in the center of the sticker, letting it thicken for a minute or two. Then stick a toothpick into the dot of rubber cement and use it as a handle to easily position the sticker over the inlay area. Rub the sticker down to secure, and then roll the dot of rubber cement of the sticker.

Seems like you could do that fairly quickly, working in batches.

Could that work?

Just thinking about this. Obviously, the best thing would be to avoid touching the underside of the sticker at all...

How about loosening the sticker from its backing, putting a tiny drop of rubber cement in the center of the sticker, letting it thicken for a minute or two. Then stick a toothpick into the dot of rubber cement and use it as a handle to easily position the sticker over the inlay area. Rub the sticker down to secure, and then roll the dot of rubber cement of the sticker.

Seems like you could do that fairly quickly, working in batches.

Could that work?

more work than is required. just make sure your hands are clean and touching the bottom of the label will be fine as long as you're not touching it again and again, i just touched a small section of the edge of it. I used to build model airplanes etc as a kid and still solder and do detailed work etc on cars and watches so having a steady hand helps but clean fingers/hands plus a dust free environment will help the most. Oh and a desk lamp... gotta have really good lighting to see what you're doing.

The problem I'm addressing is not touching the bottom of the label, but accurately centering the label. If the label is flat, and you're holding it from above, not below, you can lower it very precisely, no?

The problem I'm addressing is not touching the bottom of the label, but accurately centering the label. If the label is flat, and you're holding it from above, not below, you can lower it very precisely, no?

its not a problem that exists though. you would hold a small section of the label on one edge while lining up most of the semicircular shape of the other edge with that of the semicircular recess in the chip. once you had approximately 2-3 "reference" points on that edge mating with the circular recess of the chip you can be fairly confident that everything is centred. finally, you can proceed to gently swipe the rest of the label from the middle towards the outer edge using your thumb etc to ensure it is fully seated/adhered.

^^^ I'll take your word for it. I'm not sure that I could do it, though, and be satisfied with the result.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom