**The Official Unofficial CPS Thread** (2 Viewers)

Really wish I had found this site a few years back. When I started looking at chips this was my favorite set and then I realized most of the denominations were sold out to my disappointment

That this thread still propagates with people interested in these chips makes me wonder: is demand high enough for another production run to be profitable for apache?

My apologies.

I only made that assumption given they're for sale on Apache's site.

Whose was it then? Purely a GB here? The question still stands: has the demand reached a point where another production run would be worthwhile?

Apache bought 50k chips in the group buy that we started on CT -- total order was around 330,000 chips. That's a lot; it may be close to market saturation already.

Also, issues with the artwork would need to be worked out, and somebody else would have to deal with the Chinese factory, since PGI just closed up shop earlier this year. Joe & company had the factory contacts.

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought that now ABC owns the artwork.
So I guess that if they want (read if they estimate that they can sell enough to make money) they could just run a new batch...

Nope, PGI never owned it either. Rights for the mold design and label artwork belong to the designer, who authorized their use for the group buy. Designers rarely sell their artwork outright.

I am trying to piece together a set a little at a time. $25's and $100 seem difficult to find.

Well, there are a lot out there. Watch the classifieds here and you may see some every now and then.... or even post a WTB thread there with what you're wanting. :D
Just picked up 400+ tourney chips over the weekend this way. I already have a set and don't need them at all, but I love them and they're only going to get harder to find.

I saw a classified post a while back selling a set with lavender 500's. These were blanks that someone labeled themselves, am I right?

I've always liked the base design of these and might try to spam the classifieds pick up a small set. The only issue I've ever had with CPS is that the 100 and 500 seem like a great recipe for dirty stacks. I'm guessing I'd be stuck with though given the lavs really aren't a thing?

I saw a classified post a while back selling a set with lavender 500's. These were blanks that someone labeled themselves, am I right?

I've always liked the base design of these and might try to spam the classifieds pick up a small set. The only issue I've ever had with CPS is that the 100 and 500 seem like a great recipe for dirty stacks. I'm guessing I'd be stuck with though given the lavs really aren't a thing?
The set I had used the purples as a 500 chip and it worked out much better.

I really liked the blue chips and wish they'd worked better with the black T100's, but yes they do get lost a bit in dirty stacks.

I switched out to the purples as T500. Blues if relabled as 25k would look great with the yellow 1k and orange 5k though.

I have compiled about a 850 chip tourney set and am only missing 25's. I don't mind starting blinds at 100-200 because my awesome yellows and oranges fill the table in the later blinds.

I found a couple of racks of T25's. Need two more and a rack of Purple T500's

Was ttttubby the designer on these? Did he transition over to PCF from the galaxy far far away with a new name over here?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom