**The Official Unofficial CPS Thread** (2 Viewers)

so after handling my CPS chips for a while I'm starting to like them more... the colors really start to pop after they've been cleaned up. still not a fan of the cross hatching but its just something you kind of get used to. if the majestic chips can get a little sharper edge and really tone down the cross hatching they should be amazing but nit picking aside very happy with my CPS chips just wanted to get my mini review out. might put out some pics after i finish getting them cleaned\oiled.

I was going to fill a huge mixing bowl with the chips and then have a giant spoon and act like it was a bowl of chip cereal and get a pic, but then I got lazy or moved or something and never got around to it.

Couple CPS game pics from last night, while living the High Life.

cLjq35P.jpg

GnfjP2r.jpg

So are the CPS chips still being produced? I contacted Apache about it and he mentioned that he might re order some of the cash chips that are out of stock, but I don't exactly know where they come from?

So are the CPS chips still being produced? I contacted Apache about it and he mentioned that he might re order some of the cash chips that are out of stock, but I don't exactly know where they come from?

Palm Gaming did the ordering (a group buy where Josh at Apache was the largest order by far). They had some stock a while back. If they did a later production run, I missed it.

Palm Gaming did the ordering (a group buy where Josh at Apache was the largest order by far). They had some stock a while back. If they did a later production run, I missed it.
Oh I see. So basically whenever there's a demand, it queues up and a production run is done.

Oh I see. So basically whenever there's a demand, it queues up and a production run is done.

Not quite. There was the first tortured groupbuy that lasted like three years, and it was shortly (within a month) followed up with a second order from PGI (since the chips looked so good). If there has been any production to fill inventory stock since then, I haven't heard about it.

China clays in general seem to work like that. Long lead times, issues with chips like the Milanos being out of stock, etc.

These are cool chips. They are kind of pricey no? .55 cents per chip on Apache. Just wondering why ? Is it because they are some kind of a custom run. Apologize if this has been covered.

These are cool chips. They are kind of pricey no? .55 cents per chip on Apache. Just wondering why ? Is it because they are some kind of a custom run. Apologize if this has been covered.

They are the same quality as the Majestics, but I think the artist for both the mold and the WSOP-ish label drove the price up. It could also be a simple case of supply and demand. Check around the classifieds here though, as they do occasionally pop up for cheap.

Love this set, great value. The tower mold reminds me a chess rook and I love chess pieces almost as much as chips, but chess sets are tougher to collect and use. Everyones down to play poker but they're all afraid of a chess-beatdown-embarassment. Hitting the clock button after moving a fine wood piece though... Might be more satisfying than playing with a small stack of chips... Guess it depends on the stack size!

Anyway I love the orange 5000 from the CPS set, I have a vague plan to make them fracs of some set in the future in some WSOP influenced hybrid set maybe.

Sorry for the n00b question, but has anyone ever posted a side by side of the black, blue 500, and lavender 500 in stacks? With and without flash?

They are the same quality as the Majestics, but I think the artist for both the mold and the WSOP-ish label drove the price up. It could also be a simple case of supply and demand. Check around the classifieds here though, as they do occasionally pop up for cheap.

LOL,

No.. I got paid based on the group buy price... any markup after the group buy was solely at the discretion of those who stocked the chips (Apache and PGI) and the invisible hand of the market.

Sorry for the n00b question, but has anyone ever posted a side by side of the black, blue 500, and lavender 500 in stacks? With and without flash?

These are the blue 100s, blue 500s and 100k purples, I think those with purple 500s had custom labels made:

I have the blue 500's and in a vacuum I really like them. Its an unrealistic ask but I think having the blue and light blue edge spots on the 100 changed to something else would make the two stand apart better, and allow the blue 500 to work better. If the blacks had yellow and orange spots, or some other distinct combo other than blue, they'd stand apart better.

I have the blue 500's and in a vacuum I really like them. Its an unrealistic ask but I think having the blue and light blue edge spots on the 100 changed to something else would make the two stand apart better, and allow the blue 500 to work better. If the blacks had yellow and orange spots, or some other distinct combo other than blue, they'd stand apart better.

Guy from our Tuesday game would rather use dice chips than my CPS due to the similarities between the 500 and 100 chips. :(

Although it seemed a lot of people were continually asking the denoms last tourney we played. Also his next tourney will be 3 tables which a 500 pc dice set isn't going to support, so we might get them in play after all.

I think the similarities don't make the set unplayable at all, but I would rather the 500s be lighter. Maybe I'll sit them in the sun. ;)

Lavender 500s are the way to go. An extra cost at this point, but worth every penny if it means not having to use dice chips. Factory labels were available, so I'd check - although removing and replacing labels should be a viable option.

I use custom labeled CPS chips for cash games, using the Forest Green for a quarter and the Blue as the single. Even with the orange spots on the 25¢ chip, I still find the chips a little too close for comfort. When the spot patterns are all the same, it takes a little more than different spot colors to make a radical difference - and that's really what you want in chip colors - radical differences between denominations.

Lavender 500s are the way to go. An extra cost at this point, but worth every penny if it means not having to use dice chips. Factory labels were available, so I'd check - although removing and replacing labels should be a viable option.

Considering buying 125x T100,000 just to swap labels but then I'd have 125 blue T100,000 that might have trouble finding a home. Guess just gives me a reason to buy more T5k, and 25k. :)

Guy from our Tuesday game would rather use dice chips than my CPS due to the similarities between the 500 and 100 chips. :(

OK let's not get crazy here.

I don't think they're that bad, I can deal with it but I'm looking for it. Some of the older eyes in my game have some trouble with it.

I'm not a big fan of the lavender as a 500. I wonder how the bounty chip would look as a 500? Or the red 5's?

The salmon "Bounty" would work (I used it for my T5000, and the orange chip was saved for the cash set). The Red 5 as a T5000 violates my desire to maintain "Vegas standard" denoms.

Hi all!

I'm new here and found this thread when basically googling how to get my own set of previous WSOP style chips. I don't really tend to have home games, but I've always grown up watching the WSOP and dreaming of playing and maybe this could help scratch the itch slightly ?

Is it too late for me to get a medium sized order of these chips ? I live in the UK as well, should that have any impact.

Thanks guys !

Hi all!

I'm new here and found this thread when basically googling how to get my own set of previous WSOP style chips. I don't really tend to have home games, but I've always grown up watching the WSOP and dreaming of playing and maybe this could help scratch the itch slightly ?

Is it too late for me to get a medium sized order of these chips ? I live in the UK as well, should that have any impact.

Thanks guys !

Many great sets of Championship Poker Series chips appear in the classifieds section of the website.

Also, they're available new from on Palm Gaming however, quantities may be limited of certain denominations.

I have a cash set available. (see my signature) ;)

Last edited:
Hi all!

Thanks guys !

I have a 600 piece set I might consider letting go (I'm in two minds whether to do that or double it up).

125* 25
125* 100
90* 500
140* 1000
80* 5000
40* bounty

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom