The Official Royals PrOn Thread! (2 Viewers)

Mine arrived today also and first impressions are fantastic. I tried to snap 5 of the yellows and only managed to break one, it took significant force and the same pressure would have also broken a cpc chip. Pretty impressive. Will be ordering more.

There are some definite quality control problems. I have some with label printing off center; some with guages or scratches or chipped. Some edge spots that look like they got into a drunken orgy... But overall these are amazing. Here's some badly lit pR0n:

IMG_20190816_145940724.jpg

IMG_20190816_152328130.jpg

IMG_20190816_152308481.jpg

IMG_20190816_152333864.jpg

Last edited:
I just wiped down the 125 I bought and checked for quality control. Notes and pics below.

1) the 25k blue chip has lots of white spots like the dye didn't cover the chip or something
2) sticker on pink chip wayyy off center
3) random black line on orange chip
4) no crown mold on half this yellow chip

Still really like them and would order more. Just will get spares to replace bad quality chips.
20190816_155441.jpg
20190816_155433.jpg
20190816_155449.jpg
20190816_145646.jpg

Yep, don't forget that these chips are mass-produced for well under 10c each. Perfection on 100% of the chips is a totally unrealistic expectation.

I agree. Maybe they used the wrong labeling gear?
This is caused from being massed produced at a high speed and over time machines get out of calibration, causing labels to look like that - by the time they catch it, 50-100 chips + have been printing out of alignment. Joys of manufacturing low cost items in china! I'm sure Josh would send you some replacements if you sent him an email, this falls under the 1-3% quality issue of making 25,000+ chips.

Made my wife play a heads up tourney with me, she kicked my ass, but the chips were amazing. Even she liked em

Now that the chips are arriving, any recommendations for how to clean the dust off of them? Compression oiling will follow, but I think the first step should be a good de-dusting.

They do, extremely tight, the red chips have the most inconsistent thickness, I ordered the Chipco racks with my chips. Some red barrels fit snuggly and others I had to push pretty firmly to get in the rack.

Ok thanks. I’d rather have it fit tight vs and extra one slipping in. Thanks.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom