The Official Royals PrOn Thread! (6 Viewers)

They wont hit the table in a Zombie event until 2020. I still need to finalize the label design, and then send the art to Gear. When I order the Hall of Fame labels, I'll order these at the same time to save on shipping. The HoF committee won't meet until October, then we have the November Zombie Poker Classic (always on the CPC chips). Then the break. So 2020 at the earliest.

However, Liz has already suggested Poker tonight, so if you are in the neighborhood and want a 3-handed tournament on unlabeled chips... :whistle: :whistling:

I was referring to the ES cash chips! Haha

I’d love to but I have to coach hockey practice from 6-7 tonight so I am out. :(

Dirty stack pic please!
Two dirty chips in each stack. Photo taken with flash.

1565815378400.png
1565815414369.png

Lots of dirty possibilities, especially in lower lighting. If you look at the shaded side of the orange stack, the pink chip almost disappears.
1565815631898.png

I don't think I am going to sub them out, but I may pick up a few more barrels of other chips "just in case". A good host always accounts for the worst eyesight at the table.

I was referring to the ES cash chips! Haha

I’d love to but I have to coach hockey practice from 6-7 tonight so I am out. :(
ES only handles 1 table (generously) or up to 14 players if we go to 2 tables. We are currently sitting at 17 with 3 "maybes", so ES are back on the shelf until the Zombie Poker Classic consolation table in November.

ES only handles 1 table (generously) or up to 14 players if we go to 2 tables. We are currently sitting at 17 with 3 "maybes", so ES are back on the shelf until the Zombie Poker Classic consolation table in November.

Fair enough. I’ll just have to bust out early to enjoy them at their fullest. :)

Yeah those blues and pinks really throw me off. Hard to even find the odd chip out. The rest aint too bad.

Man, these Royals look good. Getting my sample set tomorrow and then we'll see if a 43mm tourney set is in the cards...

Can't wait to get my set! I settled on the below colors and will have ABC do the labels + a 5k plaque for a nice little tourney set to compliment the semi custom cash set. (I quickly threw this together using paint on my work PC and it pixelated the images a little lol). The T500 chip may need the denom text to be outlined in white though. The dark blue against the black is a smidge tough to differentiate, although people will know its the T500 chip by the base color.

Royal Tourney Set.png

Pretty excited to get my hands on these!
450 ct STT set; can’t wait for my custom labels!
Overall impressions are very good - they do need a wipe with oil but I’m waiting until after I get labels on.
Here’s some crappy iPhone pics!

1AC5AAE1-49A4-4218-92CE-46D5003D5BF6.jpeg
B06DE6C2-01BE-4AE6-828E-BB4CC0E0DD9D.jpeg
C57E08A1-F5A5-4DF0-B063-97A7A28B73E8.jpeg
C6B6A569-0152-4715-8668-5E35FFBA1EB9.jpeg
851C6AB8-3125-497E-AE3E-930DB34710B8.jpeg

Thinking about swapping grey $1’s out with whites. Anyone have this lineup and can show stacks next to .25 and $5s?

More consolidated PrOn. Thanks to @Brooklynpete !

Honestly I cant speak to touch and feel yet, but from aesthestics in these photos, these chips look like high-end Paulsons. My mind is blown!

3c51d9cf-217c-47bf-9452-b7c10279f1f7-jpeg.323625

94d09cde-0ff8-400e-bab9-da0a2cc54e79-jpeg.323630

My first impressions now that I'm touching them - wow, Josh did an amazing job!!! They are NOT slippery like the Majestic, color is outstanding!

The only thing I've noticed thus far is there is quality control issues with thickness, especially the Red $5's - there thicker then any other chip I ordered - Honestly they are extremely hard to get in the Chipco racks - hopefully over time the racks and chips will wear a little to become easier to get in the rack.

These will be my cash set, I ordered $20 & $100 labels from @ABC Gifts and Awards already, they'll be here tomorrow. I also ordered Majestic 43mm art work to add the Pink chip to my tournament set, those will be $25,000 and will be used when I host our freeze out deep stack bounty tournament.

I can't wait to get these on the felt at the end of the month. Enjoy the pics - back to work!! I've gotta hustle downtown for a presentation with a client - priorities!!!! lol

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Snip20190717_14.png

Last edited:
More consolidated PrOn. Thanks to @Brooklynpete !

Honestly I cant speak to touch and feel yet, but from aesthestics in these photos, these chips look like high-end Paulsons. My mind is blown!

3c51d9cf-217c-47bf-9452-b7c10279f1f7-jpeg.323625

94d09cde-0ff8-400e-bab9-da0a2cc54e79-jpeg.323630
The photos are a little deceptive. Sitting in front of me, I would not mistake these for Paulsons, even without touching them. These have great color, but the material is completely different. It would be like comparing a Bud Jones to a Paulson. I love Bud Jones chips, but I'm not going to mistake it for a Paulson.

These turned out great, well done Josh! I'm pretty interested to get my hands on a shuffle stack to see how the 43mm compare to 39mm in regards to slickness and stacking. Gonna have to snag a sample set or two I think.

For such a colorful array of chips, it seems an anachronism that I most like the pics showing stacks of the grey 1’s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom