The Official Chipco Pr0n Thread (1 Viewer)

2B7D65EB-E888-493F-9716-E868ABC8B96C.jpeg
868CA165-5C0C-45F2-A51C-79C0856CDDB8.jpeg

C3EC907B-E910-4A72-A9E4-AD76F98FAA7B.jpeg

These are a pretty great looking set too. The blanks used on the Regency Chipcos was the flat edged matte finish version. They feel a lot different than newer Chipcos, and stand on their edges.

If one could still get ceramics made on this blank it would be a game changer for me :)

The blanks used on the Regency Chipcos was the flat edged matte finish version. They feel a lot different than newer Chipcos, and stand on their edges.

If one could still get ceramics made on this blank it would be a game changer for me :)

Those sound a lot like ABC blanks to me, to be honest, based on the samples I've handled.

The Yak cash set (with GOCC $20).

Chipco_Cash_Set.jpg

Yellow 5c (PGI / "Chipco")
Pink 25c (PGI / "Chipco")
Blue $1 (PGI / "Chipco")
Red $5 (Chipco)
Orange $20 (GOCC)
Black $100 (Chipco)

I also have 50 of the $25 Tournament Players Club chips, and 20 each of the green and pink Aztar Roulettes, which worked as Bounty and Rebuy chips until I received other chips for those purposes. The $100 are Happy Days chips (thanks @Potsie1 !) so that there is no overlap with my Yak tourney set. That said, I have never put one into play (heck, most of the $5's have never seen the table...).

I made the mistake of loaning 10 of the $20 chips to someone who wanted to know what GOCC chips were like last Spring, and they kept the chips (along with a few other samples) and left the board in June. Luckily I keep these in a case and not racks...otherwise it would drive me crazy. Not sure whether to sell the 10x$20 chips or put up a WTB.

The weird thing is that there are height differences between the stacks. The PGI 5c and $1 have to be forced into the Chipco racks as they are thicker than the rest. According to PGI, that was due to variances in the molds being used...older molds made thicker chips, and I guess they used older molds for their later customs. Seems odd to me. The GOCC chips are slightly shorter than the Chipco-made Yak chips.

From left to right
Chipco
GOCC
Chipco
Chipco
Chipco
PGI/Chipco
Chipco

Chipco_Height_Comparison.jpg

The best part is that this was my local club until it was closed down. I stacked a lot of those $1 and $5 chips, but never the higher denoms. Most of these are in mint condition too.

Brings back memories. I remember when I had my Yak cash set with 1000 5c chips lol

Another set that I recently picked up from @navels. He still has them for sale so be sure to grab some. Thanks Lee!

Freddie's of Fife
View attachment 227972View attachment 227973
This was another card room that I played in A LOT. 3/6 and 4/8 limit. Hit a bad beat here once for $32k in a seat that someone had just moved out of. He was pissed. Was there the day they closed the doors. They were paying big money for high hand every 15 minutes to get rid of the player bonus they had collected. I think it was like $500 every 15 minutes. It was crazy. Especially for a 3/6 limit game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom