The Golf Carts Thread (2 Viewers)

HaRDHouSeiNC

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I recently got a couple of golf carts and had to repair both

One MUCH more than the other, and I’m still refurbing the one that was rusted into the ground.
E154DCE9-E2CD-489A-ACCC-5C6666EA7BE0.jpeg

Learned a ton so far and really like rebuilding them.
7C858A0A-A485-411D-A888-2B5C6122BFFF.jpeg
5915934E-8CBC-4892-9A01-816E87FA25EC.jpeg

If anyone else is a big golf cart fan post away, or any questions let’s discuss.

I put lithium batteries in my one better ClubCar as well and the range is awesome
1662859655861.png

Nothing super fancy or flashy just to puts around the village with them
48C50F76-7D81-49F1-B423-289D40B21D7C.jpeg

It’s funny how in America (where you have decent weather) you all seem to drive buggies round the golf courses while in Scotland (where the weather is at best temperamental) we all walk.

This was me last Sunday just before they shut the course due to heavy rain. To be fair my clubs were sliding out of my hands it was that wet :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

D00D1262-299B-40D6-9AC9-AEFDAE2F6C8A.jpeg

It’s funny how in America (where you have decent weather) you all seem to drive buggies round the golf courses while in Scotland (where the weather is at best temperamental) we all walk.

This was me last Sunday just before they shut the course due to heavy rain. To be fair my clubs were sliding out of my hands it was that wet :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 984924
So part of the reason for having one is the rainy weather here.
The weather in Guam is either raining or not raining. It’s all paved roads here so it’s great in case there are showers.

If you won’t drive a cart then I’d think you would ride a horse??

Sounds like a lot of fun - I love fixing and rebuilding stuff!!

Golf Carts are a huge thing in TX, which was a bit of a surprise to us when we first moved here - lol.

Halloween is a frickn disaster, shit you not, golf cart traffic jams - lol.

Mind you, these are no ordinary golf carts either. They are totally tricked out with upgrades (lift kits, over sized tires, LED light bars, stereos, etc) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If they raced them, or went “Muddin”, I could get into it - but they’re pretty much just to ride around the neighborhood. I had no idea how much they cost - these things get CRAZY expensive!! Base model 4 seaters start at like $12k.

The one’s pictured are waaaay more $$ - lol.

It’s big business here:

21AE67E0-8A0A-4A1C-9ED5-E1F21D7A898B.jpeg

8745F449-6C8E-4D7C-AF98-4F0E6C66323F.jpeg

E45CB8A1-B258-41D7-8D35-A7405843138F.jpeg

Last edited:
Man... screw a 40K truck restoration, I need to do this. So satisfying.
It’s fairly easy
Stick with Club Car much better design than this thing

But yah
You can do it all yourself
They are small and require not much more than some small Jack stands
Without any batteries they don’t weigh much
The rear axle and motor is half the weight

The electrical carts are so easy they are very modular and quick to fix.
Battery
Controller
Motor
Throttle Sensor
Speed Sensor

That’s about it
Get Lithium batteries and very simple
No maintenance at all if you don’t use it much since the lithium batteries can sit for weeks no problem

I live on a Golf Course and own a 1997 TXT. Lifted, with a utility bucket. Funny thing is the course won't let us use our own carts for golf. No issues though after they close the course for winter though.

These photo's are a few years old. My kids managed break the roof posts clean off this past summer so the roof and lights are gone.

I live on a Golf Course and own a 1997 TXT. Lifted, with a utility bucket. Funny thing is the course won't let us use our own carts for golf. No issues though after they close the course for winter though.

These photo's are a few years old. My kids managed break the roof posts clean off this past summer so the roof and lights are gone.

That floor and canopy design looks like my Star
Pretty sure Star just copied the EZGo frame

Sounds like a lot of fun - I love fixing and rebuilding stuff!!

Golf Carts are a huge thing in TX, which was a bit of a surprise to us when we first moved here - lol.

Halloween is a frickn disaster, shit you not, golf cart traffic jams - lol.

Mind you, these are no ordinary golf carts either. They are totally tricked out with upgrades (lift kits, over sized tires, LED light bars, stereos, etc) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If they raced them, or went “Muddin”, I could get into it - but they’re pretty much just to ride around the neighborhood. I had no idea how much they cost - these things get CRAZY expensive!! Base model 4 seaters start at like $12k.

The one’s pictured are waaaay more $$ - lol.

It’s big business here:

View attachment 985055
View attachment 985056
View attachment 985058

These “golf carts” aren’t actually allowed on the golf course, are they?

They look more ATV than my side-by-side!

These “golf carts” aren’t actually allowed on the golf course, are they?

Lol - I don’t think so. Most of them have rear seats vs bag holders anyway.

They look more ATV than my side-by-side!
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :laugh: Yes, I think that’s the point (ridiculous as that is). They also take them on vacation with them - for realz - lol.

if we had neighborhood races or went “root’n”, I’d be all in. But nope, they just drive them around the neighborhood’s - lol.

Granted, they are not all totally tricked out like the pics, but most at a minimum are lifted, have big tires, multiple LED light racks, etc - lol.

Appreciate the pics of the rehab process. We are considering a move soon (SC) and a golf cart is top of the list if we do.
Much easier to find a good one in the US
So many go on sale after the leases run out to courses.

I’ve been looking and if you can get one easy the RoyPow lithium packs are the way to go for electric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom