The Bank (SunFly PolyClay) (1 Viewer)

Those will look amazing, man.

When I sent the art, the person from MSK that they'll make great looking plaques.

I think they remain in the spirit of the chips with a very simple design.

I've added 40 extras €20 and 10 (+ 2 spares) new €100 MSK plaques in order to cover NL100 (0.50-1 blinds).
I've added few pics in the first post and updated the breakdown.

Wow super nice! Any reason why you went with Sunfly vs cards mold?

The edge spot alignment is spot on!

Thanks !

When I created this set, to my knowledge, only SunFly created cards mold chips.

What you say about the edge alignment is the reason to go with SF vs. Alibaba sellers : edge alignment is top noch with SF !

Another very big advantage of the SF ones over the Alibaba is that SF does not have a single spinner and they can print the exact same chips over different batches from different years. I've re-ordered 40 x €20 this year and their colors are 100% matching.

What some people prefer on the Alibaba chips is the matte edges and the fact that they are sharper. From my end, for ceramics, I prefer slightly rounded edges. It makes them easier to shuffle (remember, the edges of a ceramic chip will not become rounder with use).

Thanks !

When I created this set, to my knowledge, only SunFly created cards mold chips.

What you say about the edge alignment is the reason to go with SF vs. Alibaba sellers : edge alignment is top noch with SF !

Another very big advantage of the SF ones over the Alibaba is that SF does not have a single spinner and they can print the exact same chips over different batches from different years. I've re-ordered 40 x €20 this year and their colors are 100% matching.

What some people prefer on the Alibaba chips is the matte edges and the fact that they are sharper. From my end, for ceramics, I prefer slightly rounded edges. It makes them easier to shuffle (remember, the edges of a ceramic chip will not become rounder with use).

Interesting point on the edges, never thought about that one. Tiki kings have the rounded edges as well which I prefer much more than straight. Or maybe really aggressive shuffling ^^

A tournament version is in the prototyping phase :
received_2366576530139481.jpeg.cbd7c15b1e88f69d64c04778c09219c6.jpeg

received_254350143328055.jpeg.b0eb764dfc9efdf5361f530376be59d0.jpeg

The dealer is good.
The "inlay" of the chips will be lightened.
The colors of the 100 and 5000 are good to me.
I requested to lighten the base color of the 500 and updated slightly the lighter spot.
I also requested to make the black spot of the 1000 dark grey.

The_Bank_PolyClay_B_All.png.57a3827b171627e759e36e4a639cef7d.png

More or less a week also. It depends. Sometimes I have two iterations in a week.

BE17D6C4-271A-490C-8116-2BB5E5EBE923.jpeg.e26b369203ff720876da0b78b965166f.jpeg

33161C34-865F-4B55-B300-F5F3EEAC6231.jpeg.0f584dcb04e8c87c0528eaa161ab2d91.jpeg

Time between 2 samples has increased a lot recently.

Here's the last iteration of my prototypes. The only thing that still needs to be fixed is the bottom text. There is a slight bleeding (which is common when printing white on black on ceramic chips) and to fix it, I made the bottom text a little bit bolder. Color-wise, I'm now happy.

How do you plan to use this feature? Are you going to pass every single chip under UV before you pay your players? Seems like a huge hassle.

This is mostly for fun. In the worst case if I start seeing more chips than are part of the set; Ill know something is up and can use it to find the bad ones. Its just to keep everything track of every thing.

Here's the update set with the following add-on at @SUN-FLY Poker Chips :
- 80 x 50c
- 80 x $1
- Missed blind small buttons x 5
- More plaques for mixed games

I made this order to be more confortable with fixed limits althgouh not being a proper fixed limit set.

As usual, color match is perfect with the previous orders. Even if the first order was done few years ago.

Sorry for the bad photos, but today the lighting is terrible (the yellows on the $1 and $20 look washed out on the pictures). I'll take better pics later.

IMG_8241_DxO.jpg

IMG_8242_DxO.jpg

IMG_8243_DxO.jpg

IMG_8244_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom