The Baize

MeridianFC

Pair
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's favorite color for the baize/cloth? I'm normally a traditionalist to I prefer red or green, though the gold speed cloth look pretty nifty to me. So what base color do you care for?

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
I have a blue SSC topper, and I'm about to finish putting red SSC on my folding table. Not as big a fan of green, for whatever reason. The darker gray cloth looks really interesting.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone's favorite color for the baize/cloth? I'm normally a traditionalist to I prefer red or green, though the gold speed cloth look pretty nifty to me. So what base color do you care for?

For me, it depends a lot on the accompanying rail covering color. That said, I generally prefer cloth colors that provide good contrast for the playing cards in use -- which are usually red/blue -- so I tend to avoid those colors for cloth.

Two cloth/rail combinations I really like (and have built several times) are burgundy/black and silver-gray/burgundy. I've also built several green/black, blue/red, and lavender/gray combos. I've considered using the gold in the past, but haven't found a good complementing rail color I really like (not fond of most browns).

Top Bottom