Thanks customs (1 Viewer)

Damascus

High Hand
Reaction score
Recently I ordered a nice set of 4000 "Majestic card room" chips from Apache.
It appears that today is a good day for customs in Belgium.
Apparently I have to pay 775 dollar for taxes, import duties and customs formalities.

Thanks Belgium! :eek::(:mad:

On top of that the package won't be released for another week or two.
All this makes that this was my first and last order of chips out of the US.

Holy hell. I'm not familiar with customs processes in other countries but do they just decide at random who gets screwed? Cuz it seems like it varies so much.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

If the value of the package exceeds 150 Euro's or 171 Dollar then you have to pay 30 Euro's or 34 Dollar for customs formalities, 16,9% import duties and 21% taxes.
One has to pay the duties and taxes not only for the package, but also for the shipment costs (wtf)...

That really sucks.... Import duties and taxes :s. Don't think that all EU countries ask both. Two weeks ago my chips arrived in The Netherlands and i only needed to pay taxes. Total cost for my package including chipping was around $700, and i "only" paid €100 for the taxes. If you have Dutch friends, maybe worth it to let the chips arrive there.

Ouch, that hurts... Swiss customs ask for 8% VAT and 15$ handling charge. That's fair compared to what they charge you...

In the USA we are lucky, we can order just about anything from anywhere and pay $0 in customs or duties or anything. I get board games from overseas all the time.

This is why I don't like shipping out of the USA. Either the buyer asks me to lie on the custom forms that its worth waaaay less than it is, resulting in waaaaay less insurance if it gets lost, or they pay import fees that are stupid ridiculous. No easy win.

but also for the shipment costs (wtf)...

I feel your pain!! The UK charge you for the shipping too. not only that, they don't consider that you paid in dollars and convert it to GBP and then work out the charge, they just swap the symbols. $1000 is £1000 to them!

I paid 19% customs several times for the chips + shipping costs and was always pissed of.
If you want to buy at pcf via PayPal in the future you should pm me and I'll give you some info how to save costs.

It sucks. I've paid around 30% on all my orders, plus a €10 processing fee. Cheeky bastards.

bit more salt in the open wound :p

2 weeks ago received chips from canada, value 750. maybe the guy couldnt immagine that chips can have such a value and went through processing as 7,50. free of charge....

But also been in the opposite situation

Recently I ordered a nice set of 4000 "Majestic card room" chips from Apache.
It appears that today is a good day for customs in Belgium.
Apparently I have to pay 775 dollar for taxes, import duties and customs formalities.

Thanks Belgium! :eek::(:mad:

It's a major barrier to most EU chippers ever having a "decent set", when you know that more than 20% of the costs won't actually go towards anything tangible...

It's a major barrier to most EU chippers ever having a "decent set", when you know that more than 20% of the costs won't actually go towards anything tangible...
On the other hand, you guys have universal healthcare, lots of vacation time, and topless beaches.

On the other hand, you guys have universal healthcare, lots of vacation time, and topless beaches.

I'm an employer, so I pay a lot for healthcare and every year I have two weeks of vacation. ;)

In the USA we are lucky, we can order just about anything from anywhere and pay $0 in customs or duties or anything. I get board games from overseas all the time.

Not always true. I'm guessing it depends on the $ value of the item(s). I've been hit with customs/duty fees on several international shipments.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom