Temporary Change to Posts Counts (1 Viewer)

Entailed to what? I think you took my post the wrong way. I'm not dry begging or running up post counts, big shot. I don't give a fuck about the giveaway. I'm just saying that's the reason for the random post padding.
I'm also saying members that had became support members prior to the giveaway being announced, so you couldn't just pay and get entered. I contribute because the board is a wonderful resource for my hobbies, and want to see it stick around. I also support the board vendors as much as I can. I don't need anything in return. I'm just offering a solution to include more people in giveaways, people that post and also provide support to board monetarily.

Sorry I misinterpreted the following quote as meaning since you paid money you should go to the front of the line. Obviously it meant that the giveaway sponsors can set their own terms. Sorry for the confusion

You should allow members that have been "Supporting Members" prior to the giveaway being announced to enter regardless of post count.

Sorry I misinterpreted the following quote as meaning since you paid money you should go to the front of the line. Obviously it meant that the giveaway sponsors can set their own terms. Sorry for the confusion
Yes that's is my opinion for site giveaways. If a vendor is providing the content he/she can set whatever rules they wish.

Sorry I thought PCF was doing the giveaway, I'm guessing @Tommy is just running it for Jim.

This is a job for...

B916650F-486A-49F5-839A-9188D24E62AF.jpeg

I think a points system is a great idea. Make people pick and choose which giveaways they want to enter. I only enter the giveaways that I’m actually interested in. But I feel like some people will enter everything, because they’re more interested in winning than they are in the actual prize.

Gotta be honest, a little annoyed I can't rack up some posts to get a shot at the Golden Ticket ... I mean I coulda been spamming threads for months and years with GLWS type comments and this wouldn't have been a problem.

I figure I've been spamming for almost 3 years
Yes, but you 've been kind on top of that, welcoming new members.
Saying "get the f*ck outta here" to all those of them would have produced the same result post-count-wise for you, but still you chose to be nice :D

Are we talking about bringing lotteries back now - pay to win stuff? I don’t think that’s a great idea. Just a Big Shot opinion IMHBSO

I took a long break from chipping/pcf a while ago, raffles were a thing when I left (I even won one, I was so psyched) and then when I came back they were gone. WhT happened? Is it a law/lottery/grey area thing or was it bad for the site? Just curious why people don’t do them anymore, I thought it was a pretty cool way to sell some chips or whatever if there was a cap put on the number of entries that was around what the item was worth.

Also thanks to Tommy, I’m not a fan of post counts on forums so this is fun to see. ;) The points system sounds pretty cool too

I took a long break from chipping/pcf a while ago, raffles were a thing when I left (I even won one, I was so psyched) and then when I came back they were gone. WhT happened? Is it a law/lottery/grey area thing or was it bad for the site? Just curious why people don’t do them anymore, I thought it was a pretty cool way to sell some chips or whatever if there was a cap put on the number of entries that was around what the item was worth.

Also thanks to Tommy, I’m not a fan of post counts on forums so this is fun to see. ;) The points system sounds pretty cool too
Raffles aren't allowed anymore, too much like a lottery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom