Temporary Change to Posts Counts (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Some recent posting by a few members has been brought to our attention.

Due to the amount of post padding that is going on in the PCF Introductions and Check-Ins section, all posts from that section have been temporarily removed from counting towards a member's post count. All posts will be restored to your count on Dec 25, 2020, after 12 pm. Any post padding in other areas of the forum will be removed as well.

I want to remind everyone of the site rules regarding post padding and site giveaways.

Giveaways
  • Certain requirements must be met before a member will have the ability to enter giveaways. (Ex: post count, points, etc.)
  • Any member who intentionally circumvents these requirements by making meaningless posts, A.K.A. post padding, will have their posts deleted and giveaway entry removed. If such activity continues, the member will be banned from all future giveaways.

Removing a giveaway entry and banning someone from entering only takes a min. Please don't force me to take such action. Play by the rules and keep it fair for everyone!

It is probably worth mentioning that I do plan on changing the way members qualify for giveaways. The new points system that I have been working on will be implemented sometime next year. In a nutshell, members earn points by just doing the things that they normally do. Post count is only part of earning points. You have to use your points to enter. The points will be automaticlly deducted from your balance. I'll get into more details when we get closer to switching over to it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, stay healthy and safe in 2021!

Can i see somehow which of my posts got deleted? Didnt intend to do post padding

Can i see somehow which of my posts got deleted? Didnt intend to do post padding
They didn't delete the posts from my under standing, they removed the count from your total post count until the date stated above.
The most primitive example of post padding is as explained here, members going back through "new member" threads, some as old as October, maybe even older and posting something like "welcome" "hello"
Basically a meaningless, context-less post to boost their counts.
Other examples would be posting in every sale ad "GLWS" and no other text, or "sweet item"

Just be mindful of the the content you are including in your posts, is what they are asking for

They didn't delete the posts from my under standing, they removed the count from your total post count until the date stated above.
The most primitive example of post padding is as explained here, members going back through "new member" threads, some as old as October, maybe even older and posting something like "welcome" "hello"
Basically a meaningless, context-less post to boost their counts.
Other examples would be posting in every sale ad "GLWS" and no other text, or "sweet item"

Just be mindful of the the content you are including in your posts, is what they are asking for
I thought i was (when i first joined i was reminded of it). But i thought i was pretty cautious about it after that. If i reply to pron with "damn", is that post padding?

I thought i was (when i first joined i was reminded of it). But i thought i was pretty cautious about it after that. If i reply to pron with "damn", is that post padding?
I would say you're fine with that as long as it's not every pr0n post... and do keep in mind there is a policy on language as well, for the most part it's lax, but Tommy has asked in the past to asterisk curse words for the better overall appearance of the site to outsiders and new comers

I would say you're fine with that as long as it's not every pr0n post... and do keep in mind there is a policy on language as well, for the most part it's lax, but Tommy has asked in the past to asterisk curse words for the better overall appearance of the site to outsiders and new comers
I totally understand, thats why i was wondering which of my posts got deducted. I thought there might be a thread where these got moved to, like the derail bs thread :)

Last edited:
Just checking to see if you’re back to “High hand” now :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

At other places when I joined I felt a warm welcome is the best ambassador for a site. Not sure if we‘re supposed to still do so now..?

1607435399055.jpeg

Obviously welcoming new members is encouraged. Digging through 3 month old new member posts to drop a one word response just so you can enter the golden ticket giveaway is....not.

I totally understand, thats why i was wondering which of my posts got deducted. I thought there might be a thread where these got moved to, like the derail bs thread :)
I wouldn't worry too much, as the counts will be returning by the end of the year. I believe the posts remained in the threads they already were in

Well like the Golden ticket giveaway. You need 600 post not a chance I'll make that. That will make people post pad. You should allow members that have been "Supporting Members" prior to the giveaway being announced to enter regardless of post count.

We support the site financially, and most of post and contribute to the board. IMO

I do find it funny to think all these newer members started having their emails blow up with people posting to their welcome thread. They had to be thinking what is going on I posted that back in June?!?!

Well like the Golden ticket giveaway. You need 600 post not a chance I'll make that. That will make people post pad. You should allow members that have been "Supporting Members" prior to the giveaway being announced to enter regardless of post count.

We support the site financially, and most of post and contribute to the board. IMO
Pm Jim and ask him how much a ticket costs if it’s just about money. Pretty sure you’ll cut out a different sector if you just want to buy this kind of thing.
Everybody feels entitled to something I guess, especially when you can just buy that entitlement.

I understand your point here, but this is a vendor giveaway not a PCF giveaway, they have the right to choose the conditions of their giveaway just like any of us do... @detroitdad wanted pics of holidays with family and chips, @Josh Kifer loves dog pics and random obscene Memes.. It is your right to run your giveaway the way you see fit!

Some giveaways have minimum post counts and there are probably reasons for that. If I had to guess here it would be to limit the amount of flipping that occurs after Jim runs a sale... not saying that Veterans are not guilty of selling for a profit, but I believe it is an attempt to limit that.

Either way if PCF were to start making guidelines for giveaways I think that would limit the number offered. If you want to give something away, do it in a way that you like. I don't think an extra layer of limitations would be helpful here.

We may all differ on our opinions of what post padding is, or get upset and the number of posts we see from a particular member... but as long as it is a quality contributing post I don't see any issue rather it takes you a year to make Royal flush or 5 years to make it to two pair. Go at your own pace and post what you like... its all about your post/reaction ratio IMO.

But a few members trying to take advantage and breaking site rules hurt a lot of our post counts, some really do take the time and effort to contribute on new member posts and as of right now almost seems as it is frowned upon.

Fellow Chipper Ben

Pm Jim and ask him how much a ticket costs if it’s just about money. Pretty sure you’ll cut out a different sector if you just want to buy this kind of thing.
Everybody feels entitled to something I guess, especially when you can just buy that entitlement.

Entailed to what? I think you took my post the wrong way. I'm not dry begging or running up post counts, big shot. I don't give a fuck about the giveaway. I'm just saying that's the reason for the random post padding.
I'm also saying members that had became support members prior to the giveaway being announced, so you couldn't just pay and get entered. I contribute because the board is a wonderful resource for my hobbies, and want to see it stick around. I also support the board vendors as much as I can. I don't need anything in return. I'm just offering a solution to include more people in giveaways, people that post and also provide support to board monetarily.

I understand your point here, but this is a vendor giveaway not a PCF giveaway, they have the right to choose the conditions of their giveaway just like any of us do... @detroitdad wanted pics of holidays with family and chips, @Josh Kifer loves dog pics and random obscene Memes.. It is your right to run your giveaway the way you see fit!

Some giveaways have minimum post counts and there are probably reasons for that. If I had to guess here it would be to limit the amount of flipping that occurs after Jim runs a sale... not saying that Veterans are not guilty of selling for a profit, but I believe it is an attempt to limit that.

Either way if PCF were to start making guidelines for giveaways I think that would limit the number offered. If you want to give something away, do it in a way that you like. I don't think an extra layer of limitations would be helpful here.

We may all differ on our opinions of what post padding is, or get upset and the number of posts we see from a particular member... but as long as it is a quality contributing post I don't see any issue rather it takes you a year to make Royal flush or 5 years to make it to two pair. Go at your own pace and post what you like... its all about your post/reaction ratio IMO.

But a few members trying to take advantage and breaking site rules hurt a lot of our post counts, some really do take the time and effort to contribute on new member posts and as of right now almost seems as it is frowned upon.

Fellow Chipper Ben

That's totally fair it was listed under site giveaway's and assumed it was a PCF sponsored thing. He totally gets the right to set his own requirements.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom