TapaTalk (2 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone else have their TapaTalk phone/tablet app auto updated today? The new layout is terrible and very buggy.

are you sure the update was released today? mine updated maybe just shy of a week ago, but i just checked and there's no new update to the version i'm running.

Yesterday for me. The Tapatalk developers need a swift KITN.

A got frustrated trying to use it. LOL Then again I've had a headache since I got up this morning too so that isn't helping.

are you sure the update was released today? mine updated maybe just shy of a week ago, but i just checked and there's no new update to the version i'm running.

Did the layout change? Could be my update settings on my phone too but mine happened today.

Did the layout change? Could be my update settings on my phone too but mine happened today.

yeah the layout changed with the last update for me, but i didn't notice anything that i thought would have been a big deal. although i haven't installed the latest ios update, so maybe that has something to do with it.

My tapatalk updated last week, android. The layout and interface has changed quite a bit. Can't say I care for it, settings options don't seem able to reduce the gargantuan topic headers so there's more scrolling and can't see as much at a glance. The Unread, Timeline, and other tabs seem useful though.

New version. Android. Works fine.

I'm just TapaTalking

It works, but I hate the layout. The new graphics / headers take up way too much space on my phone, and I've found that an unread threads at the bottom of the screen may not be selectable as the ability to scroll the layout is hit or miss...sometimes it scrolls, sometimes it doesn't.

Seriously the new tapa sucks balls. Absolutly one of the worst updates to "improve" something that I have seen in a while. I can see like 2 threads on the phone at a time. Layout is impossible to read....Hoping they switch back pronto.

Just did all the updates and I still see no difference. What do you guys hate so much? Maybe post a screen shot so I can see if it looks different from mine somehow.

Let's see if I can do this...on my S4:

1. Opening screen. Is there some way to disable trending discussions? It turned itself back on, and I hate the feature.

2. Further down the page once I can get it to scroll.

3. Top of unread thread page

(Added pics in incorrect order, and can't change it in Tapatalk...).

It's not as bad as I made it out to be, but the previous interface was much more compact in my mind, and worked better. The interface worked fine as it was. While I'm all for progress, changes should improve the user experience, not just add unnecessary bling.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418788130431.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418788130431.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 158
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418788383047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418788383047.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 166
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418788408986.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418788408986.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Just did all the updates and I still see no difference. What do you guys hate so much? Maybe post a screen shot so I can see if it looks different from mine somehow.
See if this works. It's not completely terrible as I think the tabs are convenient but this list is too bloated and no way to change afaik.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418799066956.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418799066956.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 163
When we go to XenForo, a nice clean mobile style will be much better than buggy bloated TapaTalk. Plus many forum owners have express privacy concerns with it's members and TapaTalk.

Recently they add a new mailing list option (server side - managed at the forum owners area on TapaTalk.com) that would allow TapaTalk to send member's email. It was set to enabled by default and forum owners had to opt out instead of opt in. They are sneaky. It's been set to opt out but they should of set it that way in the first place. Plus there was no change log with that update. Another site owner went through all the code and found it. TapaTalk is bad...very bad. :mad:

Not sure if it is my phone,but this now takes forever to load. It was fine yesterday, and the phone is brand New (LG G3)

ok i see what you guys are talking about - i just never use that screen so it doesn't bother me. i go straight to timeline and see the threads from there. it still looks the same and seems to be the easiest way to see everything to me.

Every time I open the darn thing, it always opens on "Trending discussions", including some stupid Tapatalk forum which I'm not subscribed to. Irritates me to no end, since I was able to open it directly to my list of forums prior to the upgrade.

Edit: have to go into the settings after you switch to the forum list, and change it under "Tab Behavior". Still figuring this app out...

Last edited:
Every time I open the darn thing, it always opens on "Trending discussions", including some stupid Tapatalk forum which I'm not subscribed to. Irritates me to no end, since I was able to open it directly to my list of forums prior to the upgrade.

Edit: have to go into the settings after you switch to the forum list, and change it under "Tab Behavior". Still figuring this app out...

Yeah, I just turned off my feed. There are definitely limitations of using TapaTalk but it beats using a web browser on a phone (jmo). :)

Seriously the new tapa sucks balls. Absolutly one of the worst updates to "improve" something that I have seen in a while. I can see like 2 threads on the phone at a time. Layout is impossible to read....Hoping they switch back pronto.

So much this.

Just checked my phone and saw that I have paid version 2.2.2 installed (android). No issues whatsoever. I suppose I should leave well enough alone.

Where the heck did the browse forums button go?

I installed Forum Runner in case anyone wants to try that app.

Screenshot_2014-12-18-15-26-19.jpg

Screenshot_2014-12-18-15-28-56.jpg

Screenshot_2014-12-18-15-29-37.jpg

I am not a fan of Tapatalk.

I keep getting emails from pokerforum.ca even though i deactivated them from my feed. It irked me that i got opred in for forums i hadn't signed up to.

I'll give forumrunner a shout. Thanks gor the tip, Tommy! :)

I have recently started to use tapatalk on Lumia WP (windows phone OS). the versions on IOS android are different I believe. readability and speed is better of course on handheld device but I still prefer desktop OS

Ok my tapatalk updated today and holy god is it terrible. What did you guys ever do to make it usable? There's no "timeline" option and that's how I always browsed the forum.

This version is an abortion. Guess I'll try out forum runner.

On forum runner now. Not as good an interface as the old tapatalk but a shitload better than the updated version...

Why don't you use unread posts?

Because it displays like this which is about as pleasant to navigate as my nutsack.

Attachments

• image-2496666323.jpg
    image-2496666323.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 119

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom