TapaTalk (4 Viewers)

Check out the @ replies on tapatalk's Twitter account (@tapatalk obv) of you want to see them getting destroyed in the court of public opinion. Pretty perplexing that they could put this update out like this.

OK, so I've never done this tapatalk thing, but I'm heading to Vegas baby for the first time (on Jan 2). I was hoping to start a blog thread of my exploits both on and off the felt. I think people have used tapatalk to blog at the couple meetups I've attended, and it seemed to work ok.

Do I load this crappy new version or should I check out this forum runner, and how does this work?

I JUST picked up an iPhone (first time), so I'm still getting used to it. I've been using ios for ipads, but never for a phone.

Advice/suggestions appreciated.

honestly, did you guys find a way to use the ios version of tapatalk that doesn't result in only 2 or 3 thread titles being displayed on the screen at a time? forum runner is okay, but the interface feels a bit like i'm using an iphone 3G, so i'd love to get back on the tapatalk bandwagon...

There's no "timeline" option and that's how I always browsed the forum.

The "clock" icon is the timeline option, I think. The interface in the picture looks pretty much like the Android version. As far as making the interface more usable, it's damn near impossible.

The "clock" icon is the timeline option, I think. The interface in the picture looks pretty much like the Android version. As far as making the interface more usable, it's damn near impossible.

Thanks. Unfortunately that also looks like it was designed by a blind kindergartener. How is it possibly their intent to display exactly two threads at a time?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419965520.981948.jpg

OK, so I've never done this tapatalk thing, but I'm heading to Vegas baby for the first time (on Jan 2). I was hoping to start a blog thread of my exploits both on and off the felt. I think people have used tapatalk to blog at the couple meetups I've attended, and it seemed to work ok.

Do I load this crappy new version or should I check out this forum runner, and how does this work?

I JUST picked up an iPhone (first time), so I'm still getting used to it. I've been using ios for ipads, but never for a phone.

Advice/suggestions appreciated.

Forum Runner charges $1.99 for their app Tapa is FREE. IMO no clear winner. They each have their faults. Tapa is more reliable with push notifications and more options that integrate with your phone camera. If you plan on using a tablet, then there is no need for either app. Chrome or Safari tablet web browser wins hands down. Even since the new Tapa update, I been using my phone's web browser more. I do have a Galaxy note 3 with a larger screen so that helps. Pinch to zoom in and out is working for me.

I'd try Tapa first since it's free.

Forum Runner charges $1.99 for their app Tapa is FREE. IMO no clear winner. They each have their faults. Tapa is more reliable with push notifications and more options that integrate with your phone camera. If you plan on using a tablet, then there is no need for either app. Chrome or Safari tablet web browser wins hands down. Even since the new Tapa update, I been using my phone's web browser more. I do have a Galaxy note 3 with a larger screen so that helps. Pinch to zoom in and out is working for me.

I'd try Tapa first since it's free.

interesting, i thought i remembered paying for tapatalk when i first got it years ago. i thought it was even $10 which i thought absurd, but of course paid because i'm a sucker.

@trihonda: pre-update, i very much prefered tapatalk to the browser even when using my ipad. now i primarily use forum runner, but sometimes use chrome. if you're attaching photos as part of your TR, you'll want to use forum runner or tapatalk for that and maybe go back to the browser for regular reading.

I paid for TapaTalk Pro HD for phones and Tablets a ways back. They did away with the paid version. To make the people who paid feel like they didn't get ripped, they offered us TapaTalk VIP. It's the same regular app you can download for free now but when you log into the app using your TapaTalk ID it upgrades to VIP. You had until a certain date to submit you Tapa ID for them to activated the VIP.

I'm not even sure of the differences anymore.

I paid for tapatalk also back in the day, $5.99 I think, so another sucker confirmed. Never heard of Tapatalk VIP.

New version pitiful. I don't mind the tabs but the topic layout is bloated and horrible. Get a Galaxy Note 4 and you can see 2.5 threads at a time lol.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420058345567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420058345567.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 105
I'm not sure if we had tapatalk pro in the UK - if we did I missed it. The latest iOS 'update' is atrocious, totally ruined the app making it hopeless at carrying out its core function. Akin to designing a car with square wheels.

I joined some tapatalk users forum just to vent, and uninstalled the app, after giving it a 1 star review. I have never reviewed anything before, but the complete balls up they made just enraged me, as I used it everyday and it is now rubber ducked.

Well, it's updated again. Looks like they've cleaned up the topic headers a bit (good), but they changed the default font (bad). Anyone know if you can choose the font used? I've found settings for font size, but not the font itself.

Yeah I love how it changes like every other week. Although this time is overall much better. So much easier to navigate.

Well, it's updated again. Looks like they've cleaned up the topic headers a bit (good), but they changed the default font (bad). Anyone know if you can choose the font used? I've found settings for font size, but not the font itself.
I'm getting used to this font. The old one had weird "o"s

Anyone else having problems? While reading some threads, a stupid lottery scratch-off ad pops up full screen. When I kill it, it launches again immediately. If I let it play to completion, it still launches again. Intermittent problem, only happens in certain threads.

I don't think I see any ads on PCF on Tapatalk on Android. I just downloaded like a week ago

Anyone else having problems? While reading some threads, a stupid lottery scratch-off ad pops up full screen. When I kill it, it launches again immediately. If I let it play to completion, it still launches again. Intermittent problem, only happens in certain threads.

i don't get this on the ios version either. although i do get the really annoying F-150 ads that appear as threads. tapatalk sucks balls and yet i continue to use it because forum runner makes me feel like i'm back in 2004.

Only ads that pop up for me are those along the footer that I launch accidently with my thumb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom