Table Showcase (pics) (2 Viewers)

The felt for that table:

Screenshot 2022-04-30 07.33.13.png

In the HBO show The Wire there is a scene of a police funeral where the viewing is at a Police bar and the body is laid out on the pool table. it's a great scene. I always thought a good poker version would involve something similar but a poker table. Can you imagine if Doyle passed and they had his viewing in Bobby’s room, with him laid out on the table. Meanwhile poker continues around the room. Pure degen.
True degens would play right on that very same table.

So I had to sell one of my tables 7 years ago when I moved out of state. Always hated that I had to let it go. Here’s an old picture of it.
E068F52E-0472-43C2-9061-A006C24EA7D4.jpeg

I moved back into town recently and have been on the hunt for a new table. Today on Facebook marketplace I found a table for $70 that looked exactly like the one I had to sell. $70 is an insane price plus the guy didn’t live too far away so he even offered to deliver which he did. He said his son bought it about 7 years ago from a guy on Craigslist but he doesn’t know who it was. I really think my table has come back home because it’s the exact same style. There’s a few nicks and scuffs on it but it’s highly possible this is my old table ha. Wish I had a way of knowing for sure. Cleaned it up and looks great again other than those few scuffs which are nothing to worry about for the price.
DC6B2414-8631-44A7-B5B7-9ED3AD1E9584.jpeg

So I had to sell one of my tables 7 years ago when I moved out of state. Always hated that I had to let it go. Here’s an old picture of it.
View attachment 926101

I moved back into town recently and have been on the hunt for a new table. Today on Facebook marketplace I found a table for $70 that looked exactly like the one I had to sell. $70 is an insane price plus the guy didn’t live too far away so he even offered to deliver which he did. He said his son bought it about 7 years ago from a guy on Craigslist but he doesn’t know who it was. I really think my table has come back home because it’s the exact same style. There’s a few nicks and scuffs on it but it’s highly possible this is my old table ha. Wish I had a way of knowing for sure. Cleaned it up and looks great again other than those few scuffs which are nothing to worry about for the price.
View attachment 926103
I mean, it looks identical. With that story, there’s no way it’s not yours.

What’s the best way to attach the feet for storage to a table that is already together?
Rockler has some screw on legs that work quite well. Keeps the weight down as you remove them completely when moving or storing. The have adjustable screws on the bottom as well.

Attachments

• 20210914_162138 (2) (1).jpg
    20210914_162138 (2) (1).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 20210914_161224.jpg
    20210914_161224.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 134
  • 20210914_161512.jpg
    20210914_161512.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 140
Rockler has some screw on legs that work quite well. Keeps the weight down as you remove them completely when moving or storing. The have adjustable screws on the bottom as well.
I have built a couple tables with Rockler legs. The only thing better (from a fiscal position that is still acceptable) is to find a used IKEA table for sale locally, and buy if for the legs.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom