Tourney T10000 vs T20000 (1 Viewer)

mnebesny

Flush
Reaction score
What are the benefits/disadvantages of playing a T10000 tourney vs T20000? From my experience, a T20000 starting stack is just a T10000 starting stack with a couple T5000 chips added. Does this make the tournament last longer/let you increase bling levels faster, or are there other things that need to be taken into account? Does it affect the breakdown of your rebuy stack or something? I've played T20000 but never T10000 so I'm not really sure how different they are.

More starting chips, in general, means more play. However, that obviously depends on the blinds structure (such as speed and blind amounts). Doubling the starting stack but increasing blind amounts and shortening the blinds time isn't going to offer much more play. You probably don't want to start a tournament with a starting stack of less than 100BBs (unless maybe you are trying to promote rebuys for the first few levels and then the blinds structure slows down later on in the tournament).

So basically, starting stack + blind levels + blinds time = the elements that effect the length of play (and how much play is possible - i.e. short stacks is more a push/fold game where larger stacks allow for more skill play).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom