Swiss/EU Cards Mold GB Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Good luck. It's a shame that an EU group buy can't get going due to air freight only delivery. Hopefully, that changes in the near future as I just had a 1000 chip delivery from Tina and the shipping and import tax combined - was more than the cost of the chips o_O:vomit:

Hi all, bumping this thread, as I'm far enough along now that I'll be putting together a small order in the next month with Tina.

My intention is to have the order shipped directly to Switzerland, as that's just easiest for me. At the moment it's myself and one other non-PCFer who will be ordering a total of approx. 2000 chips.

If any Swiss-based members want to hop on, you're more than welcome! I plan to get an order in latest mid- to end of May. Preference would be for orders using existing card mold designs vs. waiting for custom designs to be made. I'll be ordering the Starlite tribute chips myself.

Any Euro-based members are welcome to hop on too, but of course there would be additional costs for re-shipping from Switzerland to Europe.

I've updated the OP with all relevant information. If you're interested, let me know by latest Friday, May 7th.

Tagging Swiss members and/or those who previously showed interest: @MrWitti @Pinball @hebor22 @jdfoto @Sambukan @Majodr @BillyBluff @MeikCat @Orangetechno (sorry if I missed anyone!)
Thanks @cpac54 for giving us the oppurtunity to tag along, but i am waiting on the abiati group buy :)

Folks-

@cpac54 hadn't mentioned....... a couple of weeks ago I came across his original post and was in contacted him regarding resurrecting this thread and seeing if there's any new interest. I also told him I was in touch with the manufacturer on a weekly basis regarding my custom chip designs. During our weekly conversations, I was able to get a quote for .29 USD/chip for 5000pcs (saving $50/5000pcs) and that shipping to Switzerland would cost 558 USD, while shipping to Ireland would cost 430 USD (saving another $128). Obviously there would be re-shipping costs involved (as there would be from Switzerland).

I mentioned that I would be willing to re-ship as I am geographically placed between Ireland and N. Ireland which might facilitate UK, EU, and non-EU Europe better for re-shipping costs, and customs/VAT purposes-EU to EU, UK to UK, etc.

I'm not trying to "hi-jack" this Group Buy. I just noticed how the UK members @BillyBluff @Orangetechno , etc. dropped out because of customs and VAT charges of parcels coming in to UK from EU and China. I thought maybe this alternative shipping address option might help.

BTW- I wouldn't be put off by air freight charges. When I ordered from Manufacturer in the past the customs was €80/70GBP for 1000pcs/10KGs. Shipping the 1000 pcs was 150USD/125 EURO/110GBP, so that's a measure of the costs. It's also nice getting your chips a week after they're shipped!!

I might order my 1200+ piece order directly from Alibaba instead of going through this GB as I don't lose anything compared to re-shipping costs, and higher costs as mentioned above. So if anyone is interested in an "off-shoot" GB let me know.

Mike

Last edited:
@hebor22 I'd certainly be up for a GB (I have a couple of designs that I'd like to get at some point) if it's cost-effective. At the moment it appears to be cheaper to join a US-based group buy and then pay for the reshipping from the US. For example, the New China Club GB cost me $217 for 650 chips and reshipping will cost ~ $70 to the UK (and we'll be able to massage the declared value to reduce the amount of VAT). So about $0.45 per chip, delivered. If we can make it around this sort of number - after reshipping - then let's talk!

Wann soll der GB starten? Könnte mir gut vorstellen dabei zu sein.

when is it going down? Might be in.

Wann soll der GB starten? Könnte mir gut vorstellen dabei zu sein.

when is it going down? Might be in.

I'm waiting on J5 to get back to me with some artwork changes and then we'll be good to go. Hoping to get an order in by the end of May.
If you have artwork ready to go, I'm happy to include you. Shoot me a PM if you like. Cheers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom