Giveaway SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE GIVEAWAY III (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - here's how this will work. I printed a blank 2024 NCAA Tournament Bracket, and labeled each game T1 thru T64. As you may be aware, there are only 63 games in the bracket, so game T63 will be the women's NCAA championship game.
  • Round 1 - 32 games - T1 thru T32
  • Round 2 - 16 games - T33 thru T48
  • Sweet Sixteen - 8 games - T49 thru T56
  • Elite Eight - 4 games - T57 thru T60
  • Final Four - 2 games - T61 and T62
  • Women's NCAA Championship - 1 game - T63
  • Men's NCAA Championship - 1 game - T64
1709828057625.png

As I mentioned yesterday, the matchups on the giveaway brackets (posted earlier today) will be assigned to a random game in the same round of the NCAA tournament for the first four rounds (i.e. the giveaway bracket will not coincide with the NCAA tournament bracket). I will run a random number generator to determine which games will go to each matchup.

For example, the Paulson Region shows that @Sparkynutz and @Boother36 play each other in the first game. This does not necessarily mean that they will each be assigned one of the teams in the "T1" game of the NCAA tournament bracket. Games T1 thru T32 will be randomly assigned for each of the 32 matchups in round 1, so it's possible they could get the 7 seed v. 10 seed game in one of the regional brackets.

Likewise, games T33 thru T48 will also be randomly assigned for each of the 16 matchups in round 2, games T49 thru T56 will be randomly assigned for each of the 8 matchups in round 3 (sweet sixteen), and games T57 thru T60 will be randomly assigned for each of the 4 matchups in round 4 (elite eight). When we get to the final four, you will be locked in to your team based on the NCAA final four teams. For example, the winner of the Paulson Region will be assigned the team in the NCAA tournament who wins the upper-left bracket; the winner of the CPC Region will be assigned the team in the NCAA tournament who wins the lower-left bracket; the winner of the Blue Chip Region will be assigned the team in the NCAA tournament who wins the upper-right bracket; and the winner of the TR King Region will be assigned the team in the NCAA tournament who wins the lower-right bracket.

For the first four rounds, one of the teams will be randomly assigned the "higher seed" in the matchup. For this tournament, a 1 seed is determined to be a higher seed than a 2 seed, and so on. This random selection will be me flipping a coin. For the consolation game, the two participants (losers in the final four games) will be randomly assigned one of the teams in the women's NCAA tournament championship game by flipping a coin.

I will begin the random game assignments soon.

Ah well. Atleast we know we know there's still hope. It's been so long I don't recall what the prize was but I'm sure I'll forget again before winner is found.
Good luck everyone :)

Think you're confused now? Wait 'til you see this! Here is the official bracket with every matchup. Again, every matchup was randomly assigned to a specific game in the actual NCAA men's tournament bracket, and each matchup was randomly assigned a "higher seed" noted by the yellow highlight.

For example, once the NCAA men's tournament bracket is revealed on March 17, you will know which game will determine your fate. Using the same example as before, @Sparkynutz v. @Boother36 , you can see they have been randomly assigned to game T4 on the NCAA bracket (i.e. the 4 seed v. 13 seed game in the upper-left bracket), and that @Sparkynutz will get the team with the higher seed in this game (the 4 seed).

1709832332097.png

If you have questions, let me know. I tried to make this as random as possible.

I know I over-thunk it, but I don't give a rip. It was fun to think through it.
Does the above image with highlights show that some matches have already taken place or will the names continue moving up the seeding to show winners?

Does the above image with highlights show that some matches have already taken place or will the names continue moving up the seeding to show winners?
The only matches that have already taken place are the play-in games for the Paulson and CPC regions (far left side of the bracket).

The highlighted cells have been pre-determined to show which team will get the higher seed team in the NCAA bracket game. Makes it easy for me to just plug the winner into the next line of the bracket without needing to randomly assign another round of games and without needing to randomly assign the higher seed team each round.

For example, your team is in the play-in game determined by the Big 10 tournament championship game winner. You will get the higher seed in that matchup. If you win, you move to the next line in your bracket, and will face @Hotus777 . But you won't be the higher seed in that matchup.

Think you're confused now? Wait 'til you see this! Here is the official bracket with every matchup. Again, every matchup was randomly assigned to a specific game in the actual NCAA men's tournament bracket, and each matchup was randomly assigned a "higher seed" noted by the yellow highlight.

For example, once the NCAA men's tournament bracket is revealed on March 17, you will know which game will determine your fate. Using the same example as before, @Sparkynutz v. @Boother36 , you can see they have been randomly assigned to game T4 on the NCAA bracket (i.e. the 4 seed v. 13 seed game in the upper-left bracket), and that @Sparkynutz will get the team with the higher seed in this game (the 4 seed).

View attachment 1287981

@Irish Goodluck buddy, my Kentucky Wildcats are going to absolutely roast Smokey and your Tennessee Vols, come 3/17 consider yourself toast!

College Basketball Sport GIF by Kentucky Men’s Basketball. #BuiltDifferent

Uhhhh……

The Play-In matches in the Blue Chip Region and the TR King Region are set, except for the real-life teams. A random number generator was run, assigning each tournament championship game to one of the eight play-in matches. The higher / lower seeds were also randomly determined. To avoid any confusion, a #1 seed would be the higher seed when compared to a #2 seed. Here are the matchups for the final eight play-in matches:

BLUE CHIP REGION

Play-in Match #1 ... @ChrisTot (higher seed) v. @MemphisFats (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big 10 Tournament Championship (March 17)

Play-in Match #2 ... @Kain8 (lower seed) v. @DuckFat (higher seed)
Actual Game ... WCC Tournament Championship (March 12)

Play-in Match #3 ... @libbylord (lower seed) v. @MrBoosh (higher seed)
Actual Game ... ACC Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #4 ... @ngmcs8203 (higher seed) v. @JackieB (lower seed)
Actual Game ... MWC Tournament Championship (March 16)

TR KING REGION

Play-in Match #1 ... @SpaceMonkey420 (higher seed) v. @TheJestyr (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Pac 12 Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #2 ... @Biznasty (lower seed) v. @Irish (higher seed)
Actual Game ... SEC Tournament Championship (March 17)

Play-in Match #3 ... @BigSlickTux (higher seed) v. @mattross1313 (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big 12 Tournament Championship (March 16)

Play-in Match #4 ... @almondjoyce (higher seed) v. @dinosaur (lower seed)
Actual Game ... Big East Tournament Championship (March 16)
The WCC tournament championship was decided on Tuesday when St. Mary’s (1 seed … @DuckFat ) defeated Gonzaga (2 seed … @Kain8 ). So @DuckFat moves into the bracket of 64!

It looks like five conference tournament championships will be decided today, and two more tomorrow. Good luck!

ACC - @MrBoosh (North Carolina … 1 seed) v @libbylord (NC State … 10 seed)
MWC - @ngmcs8203 (San Diego State … 5 seed) v @JackieB (New Mexico … 6 seed)
PAC12 - @SpaceMonkey420 (Colorado … 3 seed) v @TheJestyr (Oregon … 4 seed)
BIG12 - @BigSlickTux (Houston … 1 seed) v @mattross1313 (Iowa State … 2 seed)
BIG EAST - @almondjoyce (Connecticut … 1 seed) v @dinosaur (Marquette … 3 seed)

The WCC tournament championship was decided on Tuesday when St. Mary’s (1 seed … @DuckFat ) defeated Gonzaga (2 seed … @Kain8 ). So @DuckFat moves into the bracket of 64!

It looks like five conference tournament championships will be decided today, and two more tomorrow. Good luck!

Double win for me if the Aztecs win! They looked crazy good last night against the 1 seed and squeaked out a win the night before.

ACC - NC State pulled off the biggest upset against North Carolina yesterday, so @libbylord advances!
MWC - New Mexico won against San Diego State, so @JackieB advances!
PAC12 - Oregon took down Colorado, so @TheJestyr advances!
BIG12 - Iowa State destroyed Houston, so @mattross1313 advances!
BIG EAST - Connecticut was the only higher seed to survive, as they defeated Marquette, so @almondjoyce advances!

Later today, we have the following matchups to complete the field of 64 bracket.

SEC - @Irish (Auburn … 4 seed) v @Biznasty (Florida … 6 seed)
BIG10 - @ChrisTot (Illinois … 2 seed) v @MemphisFats (Wisconsin … 5 seed)

I thought I had a good shot at making it to the big dance with North Carolina as my team. :( Maybe next time. Congrats on moving to the next round @libbylord! And a big thank you to @Himewad for running one of the coolest giveaways of all time!!! I just wished I could have lasted a little longer. Good luck to everyone still alive!!!

ACC - NC State pulled off the biggest upset against North Carolina yesterday, so @libbylord advances!
MWC - New Mexico won against San Diego State, so @JackieB advances!
PAC12 - Oregon took down Colorado, so @TheJestyr advances!
BIG12 - Iowa State destroyed Houston, so @mattross1313 advances!
BIG EAST - Connecticut was the only higher seed to survive, as they defeated Marquette, so @almondjoyce advances!

Later today, we have the following matchups to complete the field of 64 bracket.

SEC - @Irish (Auburn … 4 seed) v @Biznasty (Florida … 6 seed)
BIG10 - @ChrisTot (Illinois … 2 seed) v @MemphisFats (Wisconsin … 5 seed)

SEC - Auburn throttled Florida yesterday, so @Irish advances!
BIG10 - Illinois took down Wisconsin, so @ChrisTot advances!

First round matchups will be posted as soon as I can get to them.

Here is the official Men's NCAA Tournament Bracket. Each game on the bracket is assigned a number per post #212 above. PCF matchups have already been determined per post #216 above. Post #216 also shows which team will be assigned the higher seed in the matchup (the team highlighted in yellow). I will list the specific matchups for the first round in the next post.

1710780819560.png

Last edited:
PAULSON REGION
GAME T4 - @Sparkynutz (AUBURN ... 4 seed) v @Boother36 (YALE ... 13 seed)
GAME T17 - @Knoxymoron (HOUSTON ... 1 seed) v @EvilAndroid (LONGWOOD ... 16 seed)
GAME T21 - @davislane (TEXAS TECH ... 6 seed) v @krafticus (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed)
GAME T13 - @buzzmonkey (CLEMSON ... 6 seed) v @NotRealNameNoSir (NEW MEXICO ... 11 seed)
GAME T19 - @Swarlos (WISCONSIN ... 5 seed) v @Astra (JAMES MADISON ... 12 seed)
GAME T8 - @Colquhoun (IOWA STATE ... 2 seed) v @cpiaaq (SOUTH DAKOTA STATE ... 15 seed)
GAME T20 - @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed) v @Mrs Poker Zombie (VERMONT ... 13 seed)
GAME T6 - @doublebooyah85 (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed) v @brewdawg (MOREHEAD STATE ... 14 seed)

1710779229673.png

CPC REGION
GAME T31 - @Rieguy (TEXAS ... 7 seed) v @Jonstro (winner of VIRGINIA / COLORADO STATE ... 10 seed)
GAME T24 - @BamaT8ter (MARQUETTE ... 2 seed) v @Riddler409 (WESTERN KENTUCKY ... 15 seed)
GAME T7 - @Poker Zombie (WASHINGTON STATE ... 7 seed) v @mugenpowr (DRAKE ... 10 seed)
GAME T12 - @Timmah (ALABAMA ... 4 seed) v @toothpic (CHARLESTON ... 13 seed)
GAME T16 - @TheOffalo (ARIZONA ... 2 seed) v @Josh Kifer (LONG BEACH STATE ... 15 seed)
GAME T3 - @Sprouty (SAN DIEGO STATE ... 5 seed) v @Pinkdan (ALABAMA BIRMINGHAM ... 12 seed)
GAME T9 - @jamesjkim (NORTH CAROLINA ... 1 seed) v @Easylife (winner of HOWARD / WAGNER ... 16 seed)
GAME T26 - @ekricket (UTAH STATE ... 8 seed) v @Rex (TEXAS CHRISTIAN ... 9 seed)

1710779284157.png

BLUE CHIP REGION
GAME T14 - @Hotus777 (BAYLOR ... 3 seed) v @ChrisTot (COLGATE ... 14 seed)
GAME T5 - @natumes (BRIGHAM YOUNG ... 6 seed) v @Dodger (DUSQUESNE ... 11 seed)
GAME T2 - @glynn (FLORIDA ATLANTIC ... 8 seed) v @DuckFat (NORTHWESTERN ... 9 seed)
GAME T23 - @exodus (FLORIDA ... 7 seed) v @ChipWhisperer (winner of BOISE STATE / COLORADO ... 10 seed)
GAME T15 - @libbylord (DAYTON ... 7 seed) v @TheLemursReturn (NEVADA ... 10 seed)
GAME T29 - @tooth_doc (SOUTH CAROLINA ... 6 seed) v @improviseallday (OREGON ... 11 seed)
GAME T28 - @200 Motels (KANSAS ... 4 seed) v @JackieB (SAMFORD ... 13 seed)
GAME T22 - @SixSpeedFury (KENTUCKY ... 3 seed) v @Saoliver (OAKLAND ... 14 seed)

1710779324101.png

TR KING REGION
GAME T1 - @TheJestyr (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed) v @springbox (STETSON ... 16 seed)
GAME T27 - @detroitdad (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @Pinesol13 (McNEESE STATE ... 12 seed)
GAME T10 - @Irish (MISSISSIPPI STATE ... 8 seed) v @Bergalicious (MICHIGAN STATE ... 9 seed)
GAME T32 - @k9dr (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @Machine (ST. PETER'S ... 15 seed)
GAME T18 - @Grimace (NEBRASKA ... 8 seed) v @mattross1313 (TEXAS A&M ... 9 seed)
GAME T25 - @BEANO52 (PURDUE ... 1 seed) v @jpietrella (winner of MONTANA STATE / GRAMBLING ... 16 seed)
GAME T30 - @shorticus (CREIGHTON ... 3 seed) v @almondjoyce (AKRON ... 14 seed)
GAME T11 - @WedgeRock (ST. MARY'S ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (GRAND CANYON ... 12 seed)
1710779356980.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom