Giveaway SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE GIVEAWAY III (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1711373342757.png

1711373482839.png

ROUND 3 (SWEET SIXTEEN) MATCHUPS

PAULSON REGION

GAME T51 - @Knoxymoron (NORTH CAROLINA ... 1 seed) v @buzzmonkey (ALABAMA ... 4 seed)

GAME T53 - @Colquhoun (HOUSTON ... 1 seed) v @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed)

CPC REGION

GAME T50 - @BamaT8ter (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed) v @Poker Zombie (IOWA STATE ... 2 seed)

GAME T49 - @TheOffalo (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed) v @ekricket (SAN DIEGO STATE ... 5 seed)

BLUE CHIP REGION

GAME T54 - @Hotus777 (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed) v @DuckFat (MARQUETTE ... 2 seed)

GAME T56 - @improviseallday (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @Saoliver (CREIGHTON ... 3 seed)

TR KING REGION

GAME T52 - @detroitdad (ARIZONA ... 2 seed) v @k9dr (CLEMSON ... 6 seed)

GAME T55 -@BEANO52 (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (PURDUE ... 1 seed)
I am confused. Did my team change? I started with NC State...

I am confused. Did my team change? I started with NC State...
You weren't assigned a specific team for the duration of the tournament. I wanted every matchup to be random. So the giveaway bracket was pre-filled with the games that would determine each matchup. And an online coin-flip determine which team would be the higher seed.

In your specific example, you were assigned game T21 in round 1, and you were the lower seed. In the NCAA bracket, game T21 was Texas Tech (6 seed) v NC State (11 seed), and the lower seed won, so you moved on to round 2. In round 2, you were assigned game T41, and you were again the lower seed. In the NCAA bracket, game T41 was Houston (1 seed) v Texas A&M (9 seed), and the higher seed won, so you were eliminated.

You weren't assigned a specific team for the duration of the tournament. I wanted every matchup to be random. So the giveaway bracket was pre-filled with the games that would determine each matchup. And an online coin-flip determine which team would be the higher seed.

In your specific example, you were assigned game T21 in round 1, and you were the lower seed. In the NCAA bracket, game T21 was Texas Tech (6 seed) v NC State (11 seed), and the lower seed won, so you moved on to round 2. In round 2, you were assigned game T41, and you were again the lower seed. In the NCAA bracket, game T41 was Houston (1 seed) v Texas A&M (9 seed), and the higher seed won, so you were eliminated.
ahh.. makes sense. Thanks

ROUND 3 (SWEET SIXTEEN) MATCHUPS

PAULSON REGION

GAME T51 - @Knoxymoron (NORTH CAROLINA ... 1 seed) v @buzzmonkey (ALABAMA ... 4 seed)

CPC REGION

GAME T50 - @BamaT8ter (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed) v @Poker Zombie (IOWA STATE ... 2 seed)

GAME T49 - @TheOffalo (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed) v @ekricket (SAN DIEGO STATE ... 5 seed)

BLUE CHIP REGION

GAME T54 - @Hotus777 (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed) v @DuckFat (MARQUETTE ... 2 seed)

GAME T56 - @improviseallday (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @Saoliver (CREIGHTON ... 3 seed)

TR KING REGION

GAME T55 -@BEANO52 (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (PURDUE ... 1 seed)
Lets go Wolf Pack! Marquette did not look good last game, there's hope!

Four games tonight, and four more tomorrow night! Good luck!

ROUND 3 (SWEET SIXTEEN) MATCHUPS - THURSDAY, MARCH 28

PAULSON REGION

GAME T51 - @Knoxymoron (NORTH CAROLINA ... 1 seed) v @buzzmonkey (ALABAMA ... 4 seed) ... Thursday, March 28

GAME T53 - @Colquhoun (HOUSTON ... 1 seed) v @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed) ... Friday, March 29

CPC REGION

GAME T50 - @BamaT8ter (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed) v @Poker Zombie (IOWA STATE ... 2 seed) ... Thursday, March 28

GAME T49 - @TheOffalo (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed) v @ekricket (SAN DIEGO STATE ... 5 seed) ... Thursday, March 28

BLUE CHIP REGION

GAME T54 - @Hotus777 (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed) v @DuckFat (MARQUETTE ... 2 seed) ... Friday, March 29

GAME T56 - @improviseallday (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @Saoliver (CREIGHTON ... 3 seed) ... Friday, March 29

TR KING REGION

GAME T52 - @detroitdad (ARIZONA ... 2 seed) v @k9dr (CLEMSON ... 6 seed) ... Thursday, March 28

GAME T55 - @BEANO52 (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (PURDUE ... 1 seed) ... Friday, March 29

Three of the four games last night were won by the lower seeds, including the first 1 seed to go down.

SWEET 16 DAY 1 WINNERS (green and bold text designates the winning PCF member and tournament team)

PAULSON REGION

GAME T53 - @Colquhoun (HOUSTON ... 1 seed) v @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed) ... Friday, March 29 ... 9:30PM ET

CPC REGION

BLUE CHIP REGION

GAME T54 - @Hotus777 (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed) v @DuckFat (MARQUETTE ... 2 seed) ... Friday, March 29 ... 7:00PM ET

GAME T56 - @improviseallday (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @Saoliver (CREIGHTON ... 3 seed) ... Friday, March 29 ... 10:00PM ET

TR KING REGION

GAME T55 - @BEANO52 (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (PURDUE ... 1 seed) ... Friday, March 29 ... 7:30PM ET

THE SWEET 16 IS DOWN TO THE ELITE 8! (green and bold text designates the winning PCF member and tournament team)

PAULSON REGION

1711802429474.png

CPC REGION

1711802460955.png

BLUE CHIP REGION

1711802488177.png

TR KING REGION

GAME T55 - @BEANO52 (GONZAGA ... 5 seed) v @andrebttx (PURDUE ... 1 seed)
1711802521765.png

ROUND 4 (ELITE EIGHT) MATCHUPS

PAULSON REGION

GAME T59 - @buzzmonkey (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed) v @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed) ... Sunday, March 31 @ 5:05pm ET

CPC REGION

GAME T57 - @BamaT8ter (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed) v @TheOffalo (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed) ... Saturday, March 30 @ 6:10pm ET

BLUE CHIP REGION

GAME T60 - @Hotus777 (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @improviseallday (PURDUE ... 1 seed) ... Sunday, March 31 @ 2:20pm ET

TR KING REGION

GAME T58 - @k9dr (CLEMSON ... 6 seed) v @andrebttx (ALABAMA ... 4 seed) ... Saturday, March 30 @ 8:50pm ET

THE ELITE 8 IS DOWN TO THE FINAL 4! (green and bold text designates the winning PCF member and tournament team)

PAULSON REGION
GAME T59 - @buzzmonkey (NORTH CAROLINA STATE ... 11 seed)
v @arch3r (DUKE ... 4 seed)

CPC REGION
GAME T57 - @BamaT8ter (CONNECTICUT ... 1 seed)
v @TheOffalo (ILLINOIS ... 3 seed)

BLUE CHIP REGION
GAME T60 -
@Hotus777 (TENNESSEE ... 2 seed) v @improviseallday (PURDUE ... 1 seed)

TR KING REGION
GAME T58 -
@k9dr (CLEMSON ... 6 seed) v @andrebttx (ALABAMA ... 4 seed)

1711991866406.png

1711991900098.png

Notice to everyone ... @improviseallday hasn't logged on since early December, so whatever he wins will end up going to a random draw if I don't hear back from him.

That said, if anyone knows him personally, I have something else to ship him, and I would like to take care of everything at the same time.

Each participant who is still alive in the Final Four matchups will be given their choice of a number of prize packages. I need to go through all of the goodies I have again to see how I am going to break it all down. But they will be pretty nice prizes!

Each participant who lost their regional final game (4 participants) will be given a couple of dealer buttons plus some other goodies from the prize pool.

Lastly, everyone who didn't make it to their regional final (72 out of the 80 participants) will be eligible for a number of consolation prizes. Everything will be determined in the next week or so.

Last edited:
I have determined the prizes. They are pretty impressive giveaways IMO, especially when viewed as a collective. Shout out to @turboj623 and @Statesvegas for contributing many dealer buttons, card setups, cut cards and accessory chips to this giveaway! Without further ado, here we go.

First of all, each of the Final Four participants (@buzzmonkey , @BamaT8ter , @improviseallday and @andrebttx ) will receive a Broken Arrow bridge card setup, a ceramic hybrid small crown River Rat sample set, a CSQ NUTS member chip, and a pair of NUTS cut cards (choice of bridge or poker size).

IMG_9031.jpeg

In addition, the Final Four participants will choose from the following dealer button packages. The tournament champion will get 1st choice, the runner-up will get 2nd choice, and so on.

OPTION #1 - Teddy KGB Oreo / Rounders (bear) / Rounders (Matt Damon) / Rounders (John Malkovich)
IMG_9032.jpeg

OPTION #2 - Whiskey Club (white) / Whiskey Club (black) / Whiskey Club (wood) / Bomb Pot (gold/black)
IMG_9033.jpeg

OPTION #3 - NUTS (red) / NUTS (black) / NUTS (tree bark) / Bomb Pot (gold/black)
IMG_9034.jpeg

OPTION #4 - MATSUI Horseshoe / Top Hat & Cane / River Rat / Chesterfield Club
IMG_9035.jpeg

Next, the four losing participants in each regional final (@arch3r , @TheOffalo , @Hotus777 and @k9dr ) will receive a Broken Arrow bridge card setup, a CSQ NUTS member chip, and a pair of NUTS cut cards (choice of bridge or poker size).

IMG_9042.jpeg

In addition, they will choose from the following dealer button packages.

OPTION #1 - Hot Dog Sandwich Debate Club (white) / Hot Dog Sandwich Debate Club (black) / Soccer Ball
IMG_9036.jpeg

OPTION #2 - Join or Die (63mm) / United States Marine Corps / Kansas City Sports Mashup
IMG_9037.jpeg

OPTION #3 - Deadwood / Nevada Club / Club Canidae
IMG_9038.jpeg

OPTION #4 - Bomb Pot (black) / Cheech & Chong High Hand / Drunk Monkey
IMG_9039.jpeg

As if that weren't enough, the Final Four participants will choose two cut card packages from the options shown here, and the Regional Final losers will choose one cut card package from the options shown here. All cut cards are poker size. Most are pairs, but the Aria's are a set of 4 and the Nevada Club's are a set of 3.

IMG_9040.jpeg
IMG_9041.jpeg

Side note - since my attempts to contact @improviseallday have not been successful to this point, I have decided that the other Blue Chip Region finalist, @Hotus777 , will take his place and receive the corresponding giveaway prize. Then a random person will be given the prize that was originally going to @Hotus777 based on a random number generator.

Last edited:
James!! You're the man, i've followed this giveaway (competition) closely! By far the best giveaway yet!

I'm also excited to take back NC State, i want them to take the ship!

Can't wait to watch these last 3 games!

You've inspired me to do a giveaway of my own!

Six participants who did not reach the regional finals (72 total!) have already been chosen based on a random number generator. Those second chance winners are @tooth_doc , @shorticus , @Mrs Poker Zombie , @Machine , @BigSlickTux and @dinosaur . They will choose their consolation prize from the following six prize options in the order shown above.

OPTION #1 - Broken Arrow bridge card setup / Deadwood dealer button / 10 x Star Wars bounty chips (47mm)
OPTION #2 - Broken Arrow bridge card setup / Deadwood dealer button / 10 x Star Wars bounty chips (47mm)
OPTION #3 - Broken Arrow bridge card setup / All In (red) button / 10 x CDI bounty chips (47mm)
OPTION #4 - Broken Arrow bridge card setup / All In (yellow) button / 10 x Nevada Jack bounty chips (39mm)
OPTION #5 - Broken Arrow bridge card setup / Jumer's dealer button / 9 x STFU chips (39mm)
OPTION #6 - Cartamundi bridge card setup / Mardi Gras acrylic dealer button / Caesar's Palace dealer button (49mm)
IMG_9043.jpeg

In addition, the consolation prize winners will choose two single cut cards from the options shown here. All cut cards are poker size except for the Rosie's Bayou VooDoo Doll, which is bridge size.

IMG_9044.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom