Steak in an ultrasonic?? (1 Viewer)

toothpic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I got a sous vide recently so I've been watching a lot of videos from the youtube channel for "Sous Vide Everything". Today I stumbled on one where the put the steak into an ultrasonic as well?!? What do you guys think will result from this? I haven't watched this yet but I'm going to start now :)

53D7C950-58DC-4946-A994-F07016E97039.jpeg

No way. I want a steak bigger than the salad spinner. I don't see this working out well. Besides, am I supposed to oil the steak after this?

I mean I love sous vid'ing my steak and searing them off on the grill, but that seems weird. Guess I could give it a try, maybe in the vac seal bag before I throw it in the sous vide...

To be fair though they put the steak into a vacuum sealed bag before they put it into the ultrasonic and I guess they would sous vide it there as well. No way in hell I would put a steak without the bag into my ultrasonic after what I've seen come out after cleaning some chips. Nothing can get that thing food safe in my mind lol

This would be an interesting experiment with a tough cut of beef that has lots of flavor.

I would be somewhat concerned about possible harm to the sous vide machine from the ultrasonic bombardment, though...

I'll stick with my slow cooker. 8 hours and the toughest cut is like buttah.
In a pinch, the InstantPot, but still prefer slow cooker.

I got to try the monkey bread (with beef, no monkeys)
but as for the steak
1667522898414.png

You cook steak for 8 hours in a slow-cooker?
Tough cuts like brisket, bottom round, eye round are great for pot roast and beef stew. 8-9 hours on low setting make them melt-in-your-mouth tender.
I envy the slow-cooked BBQ smoker guys....that's the truest form of slow cooking.

Tough cuts like brisket, bottom round, eye round are great for pot roast and beef stew. 8-9 hours on low setting make them melt-in-your-mouth tender.
I envy the slow-cooked BBQ smoker guys....that's the truest form of slow cooking.
None of which has anything to do with the topic of this thread, which is steak...

(And yeah, I cook some pork and beef cuts as long as 36 hours on low -- outdoors, or the scent will drive you crazy while you're trying to sleep...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom