Tourney Statsgenie - any good? Best alternatives? (1 Viewer)

Wils

Flush
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm trying to get our home games a little more organised and I'm looking at Statsgenie for sending out invites etc.

It seems buggy to say the least. Players can't add photos, and when I set up a tourney, the start/end times jump forwards by 4 hours every time I edit the event. Please don't say "have you got the right time-zone" - I do! In addition, you can't even change some of the event details once you've sent out invites - and that includes the now-wrong time! I've raised a support ticket but no actual response yet...

So... a couple of questions.
1. Do other people use Statsgenie?
2. If so, do you have similar issues?
3. If not, do you use an alternative method of sending/tracking invites etc (preferably a website or app)?

BTW I know there's what looks like a very good Google Sheets based approach that's been posted recently on this site, and I've tried that, *but* part of the initial set-up doesn't work for me. EDIT: Tried it again, it now works. I blame the user.

Last edited:
Bump. Someone out there must be using this.
My group has been using Statsgenie since homepokertour went dark. It most certainly is not perfect, but it does the basics ok and the price is right. We use a private Facebook group to handle our invites.

My group has been using Statsgenie since homepokertour went dark. It most certainly is not perfect, but it does the basics ok and the price is right. We use a private Facebook group to handle our invites.

So do you just import your tourney stats into it after the event?

While the program we use for our events allows an export in Statsgenie format, I have been unable to get Pokergenie to import it. So I gave up and now enter the results by hand. Our events are not too large - typically between 20 and 30 players, so manually entering the results is not too bad. A couple of hints: 1) If you have new players playing, enter them into the Statsgenie database before loading the results. 2) Enter the results starting with first place and work your way in until you get to last. 3) If you have to navigate away from the page in which you enter the results, make sure you Save before you do. Otherwise you will lose what you entered after your last save.

Thanks. I use Tournament Director, which makes importing tourney data into Statsgenie an absolute breeze - you should give it a look.

I am using Tournament Director as well, although an older version. I have not been able to get Statsgenie to import the files from it. What version are you running? Maybe it is time for me to upgrade.

Hi,
Don’t know statsgenie, I start with a doodle to pick a date and my regular WhatsApp group then we use blindvalet during the tournament .

never tried this option on blindvalet with members
0D5E4A99-3BF7-4422-8D7D-48FBFCF741AD.jpeg

I am using Tournament Director as well, although an older version. I have not been able to get Statsgenie to import the files from it. What version are you running? Maybe it is time for me to upgrade.

The latest version. Definitely worth an upgrade..

Rather than import in statsgenie, try exporting from TD. It's literally a 3 minute job to set it all up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom