Starting stacks (1 Viewer)

ThePrototype

Straight
Reaction score
I am currently looking at a 500 chip set to use between 6-8 people. The chip denominations are as follows;

100 x $1
100 x $5
100 x $25
100 x $100
100 x $500

Does anyone have some advice in best starting stack setup for a set like this for say 6 people to play tournament over 3 hours?

Thanks.

@allforcharity

Would it be ok to start with 5/10 with a set like that? I usually would not go for a set with $1 and $5 but thats what its got in and its a nice set of horseshoe paulsons i dont want to pass on haha.

Any help is appreciated, give me an example of what you think would be best if you dont mind please, cheers.

You can use the search tool (the thing that looks like a magnifying glass) and find literally dozens of threads like this asking this same question with literally thousands of answers.

Somebody should start Starting Stacks Forum already.

I’ll start by saying don’t buy a pre made set. The breakdowns ar wasteful. For instance, you don’t need $50,000 in $500 chips for a game that also uses $1 chips.

I’m assuming you’re looking at some sort of less expensive 13.5G plastic chip. There are several vendors that allow you to choose your own breakdown (multiples of 25).

@Apache is a trusted vendor here, www.Apachepokerchips.com. I’ve also purchased from thepokerstore.com and discountpokershop.com.

You can run a tourney with any denoms you choose. Starting with 5’s is more common, starting with 25’s is even more common.

For a tourney set, you could do:
T25 x 100
T100 x 100
T500 x 50
T1000 x 100
T5000 x 50

400 chips will cover 8 players with T10,000 starting stacks with 12/12/5/6, and up to 12 players with 8/8/4/7.

@Beakertwang thanks alot. And it was a paulson 500piece set i had seen on the chiproom vendors that had those 50,000 of 500 chips as pre made set.

Correction. The set was actually through apache chips now ive checked again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-25-22-58-02-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-25-22-58-02-77_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 94
@Beakertwang thanks alot. And it was a paulson 500piece set i had seen on the chiproom vendors that had those 50,000 of 500 chips as pre made set.

Correction. The set was actually through apache chips now ive checked again.
Gotcha. Good choice! Paulson chips are the best.

Unfortunately, it appears that the Cinci sets are out of stock at Apache. No need to worry, as these and other Paulson sets are often for sale on the forum. Take your time, look around, learn as much as you can, and ask questions. :tup:

Again, you’ll certainly be able to get by with 300-400 chips for a small game. Now, it’s just a matter of what chips you want.

Yeah but all it would really need is one thread with about 5-6 posts lol
Right but they would be easier to find. Breakdown suggestion threads seem spread between a few different forums and often get pushed down the list so if a newbie doesn't see it at the top of the general chips, cash games, or home games forum, instead of search, they just post a thread.

Not that I mind responding to these, it's good for my head to help with these questions. But I can see where getting all these threads into one place would be helpful, instead of split across a few forums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom