Cash Game Starting stacks etc for $1/$1 cash game (1 Viewer)

MayoPokerTour

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Running a 4 table tournament this weekend but guy who organises the cash table is unavailable and ive never really done it so wondering about what chips to use? Will easily fill at least one table and nearly everyone usually buys in for $100 initially. N shortage of chips, 1,5, 25 and 100 so what would the best breakdown be to give each player at start? Will be raked at 5% id that is relevant. I start at 1/1 to get game going, players themselves will decide to go to 1/2 after about an hour

At $100 I'd hand out a barrel of $1s, and then 16 $5s. Rebuys in $5s until you run out, then switch to $25s. The rake is relevant because you'll be mostly taking $1s off the table, so you'd need more in play than you would without rake.

I think springbox and I are on the same page. Use 1's and 5's first then everything else second. I get my dealer to turn 1's to 5's and 5's to 25's. I run a number of games, this is whats on the table for $1/2.

Attachments

• 20230524_093352_remastered.jpg
    20230524_093352_remastered.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 75
For 1/1 Stake, I will prefer the following breakdown for the chips

2 racks of $1
Min 2 racks of $5, 3 - 4 racks of $5 if you like more chips
1 rack of $25
2 barrels of $100

Starting stacks of $100 will be $1 x 20 $5 x 16, I will use $5/$25 if the guy want to start with a bigger stack

At $100 I'd hand out a barrel of $1s, and then 16 $5s. Rebuys in $5s until you run out, then switch to $25s. The rake is relevant because you'll be mostly taking $1s off the table, so you'd need more in play than you would without rake.

This is true, and I agree with the breakdown. Hopefully, you have a sound dealer that will be good at making change and adding those $1's back on to the table. If not, you will need to intervene and add them back yourself. Just take the 1's from the drop box and replace with live 5s from player stacks.

For a raked 5% 1/1 game I recommend giving out more $1s even in rebuys. Helps disguise rake. I think 300 $1 is preferable for this reason as well, unless your dealer is very proactive in putting the $1s back in play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom