SSN Needed for Customs Declaration? (1 Viewer)

Hotus777

Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
So i just purchased some chips from a member that lives in Italy, he's now asking for my SSN (which I will not be providing), is this some kind of scam? Why would it be needed for customs, I've never had this question asked and I've purchased several international chips already.

Thanks

Andres

1680883482279.png
1680883497272.png

What kinda chips we talking? I’d give out my ssn for jack det 1 secondary’s.

Yeah, there is no way i'm falling for that, even if he was being somewhat naive, still seems fishy to even ask that question.

I don't want to call the guy out, but I hope the chips still make it to me. :(

Most countries do have a VAT tax but I don't remember how it works regarding your SSN. It is basically a tax on the value of the goods you are taking home with you when exiting the foreign country. But I still wouldn't give out my SSN in this setup. That would be a deal killer!

Never have required a social with international purchases, only an email and telephone number. Proceed with extreme caution.

The only international purchase that needed my SSN was when I bought my poker table from chanman in Canada.

It was over a certain amount of money and that's why it needed to be declared with either a tax identification number or an SSN. Since I didn't have a tax ID, I had to provide my SSN for them to release the shipment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom