Interest "Spicy Dice" - 25mm Engraved Poker Dice (2 Viewers)

Functionally you could use his dice for the same thing but aesthetically they are totally different. I have bought a few things from Ben and they are amazing. But for this project I am looking for real dice vs 3d printing. Here is the product page from the company so you have more comparison.

https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/print/fi-8605.html
Good deal. Sounds like you are more than aware of Ben and his products. So I will back on out. Good luck with your project!

Probably in. I’m going to have to look to see if they have different dice, maybe a mixed game dice to go with the cards?

Edit: um yeah we need to get the popular games on a dice, depending on costs

7EA6A32E-D85C-4E76-A9D0-0709BBF7EC73.png

Gonna get started on this order tomorrow - based on the response so far 50 feels like a safe quantity which will be 8.25 plus shipping which I will figure out. Unless a whole bunch of folks come out of the woodwork in the next 24 hours I'll go with that. Should go much quicker than my last GB. Thanks!

Gonna get started on this order tomorrow - based on the response so far 50 feels like a safe quantity which will be 8.25 plus shipping which I will figure out. Unless a whole bunch of folks come out of the woodwork in the next 24 hours I'll go with that. Should go much quicker than my last GB. Thanks!
At $8.25, I'll get 5 of them. Some more for giveaways! Yay!

Having broken by GB cherry, I was looking into refining a project I was messing around with (early version detailed in this thread - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/something-fun-when-live-home-games-start-again.56846/)

I'm making these dice to add a bit of fun to our hold'em nights when my live games start up next month. The idea is that you roll it when you're the button and play one round of the game shown on the dice. Then you pass to the right, and when the button gets to that player you roll again and so on. The games:

Double board
View attachment 702504

Crazy pineapple
View attachment 702505

Bomb pot
View attachment 702507

Double-board bomb pot
View attachment 702508

River of blood (if river is red, there is 6th st and anothe betting round, if 6th st is red there is 7th st and another betting round, etc)
View attachment 702509

Ocean (extra card and betting round after the river)
View attachment 702510

These will be engraved 25mm dice, so hopefully much nicer than my original prototypes. These are from boardgamesmaker.com, which appears to be a sister company to makeplayingcards.com and did a great job on the mixed games plaque GB and made my prototype dice.

I am definitely doing this and going to make it easier on myself logistically this time - I'm just going to order them and then deal with all collection/shipping once I have them in hand. Like the mixed game plaque group buy, shipping for low quantities is really expensive so we do better ordering a bunch. It will be like $10.50 each if we get 10, $9.50 if we get 30, $8.25 if we get 50, $7.50 if we get 100. Shipping will be about $3.50 domestic on top. For context, ordering a single die from them directly would cost $21.00. I'm just going to figure out a flat price per dice that will cover cost plus average shipping to keep it easy (may do a separate price for international orders if there are a bunch of those).

Anyway I wanted to start a thread to gauge interest so I don't over-order. Designs are not going to change - this is ready to go! Let me know if you're in!

We spoke about this a year or so ago @power13 … I DID order a die.... it was stupid expensive for just one. I will post pics later if you would like me to, but I used your artwork!

You said this one will be engraved? I am interested, but will you be using set designs or is this open for discussion.

Happy to help out with Canadians if I can!

Eager to follow this!

THANK YOU!

We spoke about this a year or so ago @power13 … I DID order a die.... it was stupid expensive for just one. I will post pics later if you would like me to, but I used your artwork!

You said this one will be engraved? I am interested, but will you be using set designs or is this open for discussion.

Happy to help out with Canadians if I can!

Eager to follow this!

THANK YOU!
Engraved, set designs, ordering today! I’m going to deal with payment and stuff after they get to me.

Update is that boardgamesmaker cannot handle the design without some changes which may be hard to implement. I have located a smaller vendor who is running a test etching who thinks he can do it, and pricing will be much more favorable. Stand by for more info!

Update on this: I located another dice vendor who can cut based on the previous designs. He is a small shop so has been somewhat slow, but he's been great to work with and we've been going back and forth with test cuts which are looking great. The downside is he is waiting on a purchase from his vendor for white dice, and I am going to have to hand paint the embossing since he only does the cuts. He can also only do 19mm dice so they're a little smaller than the ones from the original vendor.

The good news is that the pricing is WAAAY better so I expect these will end up being about $6 each, including domestic shipping. I just expect this will take a bit longer to come to completion given his lead times and the finishing I'll have to do myself. I'm ordering 50 and once I finish them I'll circle back to this thread to deal with orders.

Replace Crazy Pineapple with about anything else and I'd be interested lol.

Happy to buy unpainted. If they’re engraved it’s not too hard to paint/clean up with alcohol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom