Interest "Spicy Dice" - 25mm Engraved Poker Dice (2 Viewers)

power13

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Having broken by GB cherry, I was looking into refining a project I was messing around with (early version detailed in this thread - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/something-fun-when-live-home-games-start-again.56846/)

I'm making these dice to add a bit of fun to our hold'em nights when my live games start up next month. The idea is that you roll it when you're the button and play one round of the game shown on the dice. Then you pass to the right, and when the button gets to that player you roll again and so on. The games:

Double board
2xpot.jpg

Crazy pineapple
CP.jpg

Bomb pot
bombpot.jpg

Double-board bomb pot
DOUBLEBOMB.jpg

River of blood (if river is red, there is 6th st and anothe betting round, if 6th st is red there is 7th st and another betting round, etc)
ROB.jpg

Ocean (extra card and betting round after the river)
ocean.jpg

These will be engraved 25mm dice, so hopefully much nicer than my original prototypes. These are from boardgamesmaker.com, which appears to be a sister company to makeplayingcards.com and did a great job on the mixed games plaque GB and made my prototype dice.

I am definitely doing this and going to make it easier on myself logistically this time - I'm just going to order them and then deal with all collection/shipping once I have them in hand. Like the mixed game plaque group buy, shipping for low quantities is really expensive so we do better ordering a bunch. It will be like $10.50 each if we get 10, $9.50 if we get 30, $8.25 if we get 50, $7.50 if we get 100. Shipping will be about $3.50 domestic on top. For context, ordering a single die from them directly would cost $21.00. I'm just going to figure out a flat price per dice that will cover cost plus average shipping to keep it easy (may do a separate price for international orders if there are a bunch of those).

Anyway I wanted to start a thread to gauge interest so I don't over-order. Designs are not going to change - this is ready to go! Let me know if you're in!!

Last edited:
Having broken by GB cherry, I was looking into refining a project I was messing around with (early version detailed in this thread - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/something-fun-when-live-home-games-start-again.56846/)

I'm making these dice to add a bit of fun to our hold'em nights when my live games start up next month. The idea is that you roll it when you're the button and play one round of the game shown on the dice. Then you pass to the right, and when the button gets to that player you roll again and so on. The games:

Double board
View attachment 702504

Crazy pineapple
View attachment 702505

Bomb pot
View attachment 702507

Double-board bomb pot
View attachment 702508

River of blood (if river is red, there is 6th st and anothe betting round, if 6th st is red there is 7th st and another betting round, etc)
View attachment 702509

Ocean (extra card and betting round after the river)
View attachment 702510

These will be engraved 25mm dice, so hopefully much nicer than my original prototypes. These are from boardgamesmaker.com, which appears to be a sister company to makeplayingcards.com and did a great job on the mixed games plaque GB and made my prototype dice.

I am definitely doing this and going to make it easier on myself logistically this time - I'm just going to order them and then deal with all collection/shipping once I have them in hand. Like the mixed game plaque group buy, shipping for low quantities is really expensive so we do better ordering a bunch. It will be like $10.50 each if we get 10, $9.50 if we get 30, $8.25 if we get 50, $7.50 if we get 100. Shipping will be about $3.50 domestic on top. For context, ordering a single die from them directly would cost $21.00. I'm just going to figure out a flat price per dice that will cover cost plus average shipping to keep it easy (may do a separate price for international orders if there are a bunch of those).

Anyway I wanted to start a thread to gauge interest so I don't over-order. Designs are not going to change - this is ready to go! Let me know if you're in!!
Is this different from the game dice that @One Eyed Dollar dollar makes in his 3D3P store? I don't play these types of games, so I may be off base as to the differences. I do know that his are customizable with more than 6 options. You just pick the 6 you want for the night and slide them into place on the die.

Is this different from the game dice that @One Eyed Dollar dollar makes in his 3D3P store? I don't play these types of games, so I may be off base as to the differences. I do know that his are customizable with more than 6 options. You just pick the 6 you want for the night and slide them into place on the die.
Ya different. Rather than completely different games this introduces “bonus” games within the game you are already playing. Great way to spice up NLHE if your players aren’t open to other games

Ya different. Rather than completely different games this introduces “bonus” games within the game you are already playing. Great way to spice up NLHE if your players aren’t open to other games
My point is that even if the sides of the die are different than what is currently offered at 3D3P, I suspect Ben could still make these. That would keep this inside the community rather than going to an entity outside of the PCF community. I'm just throwing out an option that OP may not know about.

My point is that even if the sides of the die are different than what is currently offered at 3D3P, I suspect Ben could still make these. That would keep this inside the community rather than going to an entity outside of the PCF community. I'm just throwing out an option that OP may not know about.
Oh gotcha. To be Frank, I didn’t even look up to see why they looked like. These are 3d printed too?

Functionally you could use his dice for the same thing but aesthetically they are totally different. I have bought a few things from Ben and they are amazing. But for this project I am looking for real dice vs 3d printing. Here is the product page from the company so you have more comparison.

https://www.boardgamesmaker.com/print/fi-8605.html

Ps @One Eyed Dollar stuff is GREAT and everyone should buy all sorts of stuff from him! Also if anyone doesn’t like the games I am doing his customizable dice are a great way to do your own version of the same idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom