So it Begins... (3 Viewers)

img_0448.jpg

And one more thing…these sales will have a positive effect on the pricing of many other NAGB chips. Dont see anyone paying 2k for a rack after the the tiger pricing (and that is a good thing)

Yes, but to be fair, those prices have been settling for some time. I’d be surprised if they drop much lower, but these sales might keep them down where they are.

I agree with you both and also think it's a good thing in the big picture, despite being a member who has paid bubble prices for NAGB chips.

I suspect what that'll mean for a lot of the recent NAGB chips however, is that rather than selling for cheaper prices, they'll just remain in the possession of those who paid the high prices for them and that we'll see far fewer sales of them going forward. I have two sets that I paid out of the nose for and if I had to sell them at a big loss, then I'd rather just keep them indefinitely (which I'm totally fine with). On the other hand, maybe this will open up more member-to-member trading of chips/sets as an alternative?

Someone once told me there are no dumb questions.

That person should read this thread.
I stand by that the only dumb questions are the ones you already know the answer to. And I think that sums up most of the dumb questions here lol.

I agree with you both and also think it's a good thing in the big picture, despite being a member who has paid bubble prices for NAGB chips.

I suspect what that'll mean for a lot of the recent NAGB chips however, is that rather than selling for cheaper prices, they'll just remain in the possession of those who paid the high prices for them and that we'll see far fewer sales of them going forward. I have two sets that I paid out of the nose for and if I had to sell them at a big loss, then I'd rather just keep them indefinitely (which I'm totally fine with). On the other hand, maybe this will open up more member-to-member trading of chips/sets as an alternative?

Was going to reply the exact same thing as I’m in a similar situation - I went big on RPC Fakeshores at peak…no regrets tho. Love the set, no plans to sell, and right now no need to sell. i can enjoy the chips without thinking about the mark-to-market and definitely don’t care about other chippers cost.

48F38736-02BA-469E-B6B6-E26D58200CD7.jpeg

Anyway…This new NAGB has set the bar really high in terms of overall design and the transparency on pricing etc makes it a great experience for everyone. So kudos to @kk405 and @JeepologyOffroad for the great work. That T5k is fire and reminds me of my favorite chip (Commerce T5)

F6C6A389-8632-4995-8C56-9F7F9E49F163.jpeg

$6’ish a chip seems to be the proper realm for pricing on these.

I paid that for my ASTs and it’s spot on with the Tiger prices.

Makes me happy to see…. I legit felt a $10,000 tag coming with current world dumbness surrounding all prices of all things.

Example, eggs :wtf:

Real question @kk405 will tiger tickets be set specific? Forgive me if this is a repeat!

For example: lucky me, I got a hot stamp set and a tiger ticket! Can I now use the tiger ticket to buy a rack of primary cash chips? Or will my tiger ticket be good only in the hot stamp realm?

Real question @kk405 will tiger tickets be set specific? Forgive me if this is a repeat!

For example: lucky me, I got a hot stamp set and a tiger ticket! Can I now use the tiger ticket to buy a rack of primary cash chips? Or will my tiger ticket be good only in the hot stamp realm?

From the hotstamp sales thread (OP)

Anyone purchasing a set directly from me will get a 'Tiger Ticket'. The Tiger Ticket will allow the holder to purchase additional racks of chips from the tournament set (prices are listed below). These include NCVs, T1s, T5s, T25,000, T100,000 and some other denoms that I may have some extra racks. You have 10 days to exercise your Tiger Ticket option. Tiger Tickets expires after 10 days, as I want to make all unsold/unclaimed chips available to everyone else. 400 and 600 chip sets can buy up to two additional racks as add-ons, while buyers of the High Roller MTT set can buy up to 5 additional racks.

In the same breath, chippers are thanking Ken for doing this and repeatedly asking for things outside of his offer.

All you're doing is proving that we deserve the previous NAGBs and Vendors that we have today. Kinda sucks, but is what it is. Can't imagine anyone watching this shit show and thinking, huh, can't wait until I order from GPI and share this with these wonderful constituents.

If people are this annoyingly selfish and ignorant publicly, I can't imagine the PMs....

Tl;dr: Shut the fuck up so Ken can do what he needs to do to get sales together.

Just curious, are folks planning on using these as is or murdering them?
I'd be surprised to see more than a handful of people start a new relabel set using these, whereas those with one already underway likely now have a lot of perfect options at potentially better prices than before. I know if I hadn't given up on my last relabel project, this would have filled out what I could not previously acquire, due to either supply or too high of prices.

In the same breath, chippers are thanking Ken for doing this and repeatedly asking for things outside of his offer.

All you're doing is proving that we deserve the previous NAGBs and Vendors that we have today. Kinda sucks, but is what it is. Can't imagine anyone watching this shit show and thinking, huh, can't wait until I order from GPI and share this with these wonderful constituents.

If people are this annoyingly selfish and ignorant publicly, I can't imagine the PMs....

Tl;dr: Shut the fuck up so Ken can do what he needs to do to get sales together.
This just made me feel for Jim having to go through this every ~6 months, except he gets even dumber questions in higher volume. I'm sure he gets over it pretty quickly once things sell out though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom