So it Begins... (11 Viewers)

i keep trying to look away
blazing-saddles2.jpg

chips vs:

I just had a question pop into my mind about the Tiger tickets. Do you have to buy a whole rack? I can see that you don’t want to get into parceling out single chips, but maybe barrels? Either way it’s fine I’m sure there’s gonna be a lot of horse trading with people shuffling their sets around to fit specifically what they need.
Not selling any barrels at the moment...doubt it will come to that, particularly for these chips.

Correct. And also keep in mind in the original NAGB there were multiple buyers, not just one or two people but more like 30+ and they had a dedicated area on the forum to discuss the details (iirc). At least to everyone not getting in it was so clearly a GROUP buy, and wording it differently was just laughable to 80%+ of the forum.
is it true that there a areas of this forum that can’t be seen by the full membership? And that to which only some subset of the membership have access?

too many questions
and a heavy work load tonight

Attachments

• target-cross-hair.gif
    target-cross-hair.gif
    201.7 KB · Views: 31
is it true that there a areas of this forum that can’t be seen by the full membership? And that to which only some subset of the membership have access?
I do not belive that to be the case generally. But if I remember correctly this was a thing that happened with the Aurora/Empress/Pacific Star buy, which was of course the original NAGB. Many members got the opportunity to join in. I was not one of the lucky ones though, so therefore I'm not a 100% sure, but I belive it was said that there was a separate area on the forum visible to only the members of the group. If this is just false rumors then I'm sorry to keep spreading it, but I do belive it was true at the time.

I do not believe that to be the case generally though, but I'm sure there are stuff on the forum that only Tommy and mods can access somehow. (Which makes sense obv)

Probably not the place to take this history lesson though, lol. Sorry for the derail.

well at least it wasn't dominoes, pizza hut, cali-pizza, 7-11, papa j's, or digiorno...
but who am I to critique? I never considered trying any of them (so I am just a couch critic (from NY; I guess))
Oh Lordy... My wife LOVES Pizza Hut thin crust. :vomit: I literally have to suck it up and order from there about every fourth time we get pizza... :(

So I hate to ask because it looks like I'm way late to the game. I couldn't bring myself to read through 69 pages, yikes, but I gotta know. Is this a Tina card mold group buy?

JUST KIDDING!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: AWESOME JOB @JeepologyOffroad and @kk405!!
Correct! If you don't LOVE cards mold, Immediately unsubscribe from this thread and don't come back.

probably next week...I just have a ton of work to do to even get ready for the hot tamp sales... but we'll see...
No rush! Thank you for the quick reply!

Third. Consider yourself lawyered, the golden ticket is mine.

View attachment 1050653

“According to legend, the tiger and other animals participated in “The Great Race” that determined how the 12 zodiacs were chosen.

The tiger came in third, after the rat and the ox, despite its confidence in its speed.”
I love you Jackie because I was 3rd!!!
happy-dance.gif

@kk405 question re: the order link for the sales: will that run over PayPal or some other payment platform?
No automatic link to payment systems. I will contact buyers via PM and they have 24 hours to arrange it. Payment will be accepted via Zelle, Venmo, PayPal F&F only, Google Pay, and wire transfer. You can even split payments between different platforms.

No automatic link to payment systems. I will contact buyers via PM and they have 24 hours to arrange it. Payment will be accepted via Zelle, Venmo, PayPal F&F only, Google Pay, and wire transfer. You can even split payments between different platforms.
That's good because some banks have really low send limits for Zelle, and Venmo has a $5k rolling weekly send limit too...

Me thinking:

Damn, the heads of the guys who have to focus on all these little but important details of this whole sale must be steaming ….

9EBF18D9-B2F5-4297-A708-0347E206422D.gif

Yes!

I mean, why not? Each one of them is amazing. Anyone who's tried to come up with an "ideal" custom set using the CPC design tool, for example, can attest to the fact that it's not easy. These sets are stunning, and I'm thankful that Jeep was the designer...I certainly couldn't design anything better, if I set out to design my "ideal custom set".
You’re selling yourself wayyyy short, Mel. Many, many people have come up with ideal custom sets and while it isn’t easy, it’s done a lot with fantastic success. Given your taste, you’d come up with something awesome, I am sure, and I am sure it would be even more in line with your ideals.

But that really wasn’t the question, and @JeepologyOffroad answered the query.

But that really wasn’t the question, and @JeepologyOffroad answered the query.
Sort of. It is an ideal custom set for me within certain parameters such as inlay theme and amount of denoms. If the cash set was only frac thru 500 like the boat buy for example then the sets would’ve looked differently

Last edited:
I do not belive that to be the case generally. But if I remember correctly this was a thing that happened with the Aurora/Empress/Pacific Star buy, which was of course the original NAGB. Many members got the opportunity to join in. I was not one of the lucky ones though, so therefore I'm not a 100% sure, but I belive it was said that there was a separate area on the forum visible to only the members of the group. If this is just false rumors then I'm sorry to keep spreading it, but I do belive it was true at the time.

I do not believe that to be the case generally though, but I'm sure there are stuff on the forum that only Tommy and mods can access somehow. (Which makes sense obv)

Probably not the place to take this history lesson though, lol. Sorry for the derail.
You’re correct about this to my knowledge. It became enough of a thing that a member started thier own site as a result of it. The sites dead now, but I recall reading about the drama surrounding that buy and the super secret fourm section for the GB members was a massive part of it.

The sites dead now, but I recall reading about the drama surrounding that buy and the super secret fourm section for the GB members was a massive part of it.
Site is doing alive and well, but don't tell anyone shhhhh! :ninja:

pokerchipsforums.com

Last edited:
You’re correct about this to my knowledge. It became enough of a thing that a member started thier own site as a result of it. The sites dead now, but I recall reading about the drama surrounding that buy and the super secret fourm section for the GB members was a massive part of it.
Yes, there was a secret PCF subforum during the boat NAGB
Yes, veteran members left after that
Yes, new site was chip donkies ran by Travis

Yes, this event is a painful memory for more then a few older members
Yes, previous NAGB’s were at the base in the way this GOAT NAGB is being run now.

Kudo’s for that…

And one more thing…these sales will have a positive effect on the pricing of many other NAGB chips. Dont see anyone paying 2k for a rack after the the tiger pricing (and that is a good thing)
Yes, but to be fair, those prices have been settling for some time. I’d be surprised if they drop much lower, but these sales might keep them down where they are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom