So glad I found this forum! (1 Viewer)

Eauh

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi! I’m so glad I found this group! I’ve in Vegas and rarely go to the Strip - just like most locals. I throw an incredible Hanukkah party every year and we want to upgrade our paper money to custom chips for betting. Using them for poker will be a fringe benefit. Glad to see this tight knit group come together over this chips!

I’m into high powered rockets too. Why do I always pick interest that cost so much money?

Welcome!

one of us GIF

Thanks everyone! That post had a lot of grammatical issues... I guess that is what I get when posting something late at night and through my phone...

Welcome! For some reason, I thought you were talking about cars...you're really talking about high powered rockets! LOL Very cool hobby.

It's VERY expensive... Are links to youtube videos allowed? Heres a video of my level 3 certification (the top level cert in the US).
Very cool! I used to shoot off the little Estes rockets with my kids. Totally different ball game, but still super fun!

Do you have to make your own engines to get level 3 cert..?

Very cool! I used to shoot off the little Estes rockets with my kids. Totally different ball game, but still super fun!

Do you have to make your own engines to get level 3 cert..?
Nope - no need to make your own motors, but you are welcome to if you want. A lot of people do. There are two main motor manufactures for the hobby. CTI in Canada and Aerotech in the US. Aerotech is by far the most popular. They're not cheap though. The motor in that rocket is $700 and burns in 3.5 seconds!

Nope - no need to make your own motors, but you are welcome to if you want. A lot of people do. There are two main motor manufactures for the hobby. CTI in Canada and Aerotech in the US. Aerotech is by far the most popular. They're not cheap though. The motor in that rocket is $700 and burns in 3.5 seconds!
Wow - yeah, that is pricey! But still super cool and I’m sure loads of fun!

I saw a documentary, (maybe on the Discovery Ch?) several years ago about the rocketry hobby, and what it takes to get lvl 3 cert., etc.

It was super interesting and seems like a great community. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Lvl 3 Cert - that’s a pretty big deal and takes a lot of work to earn!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom