Small US Cards Mold Group Buy: ORDERS CLOSED (3 Viewers)

Hmm... clearly not good enough to get on the list. How about this: my design is done, it's just with Tim to be converted into the right format.

View attachment 583269
Just an FYI. You're probably not going to be happy with the way that shield (or is it a coat of arms?) prints out on the chip. It small and very detailed - a bit more than their equipment is able to print clearly. My barley stalks are just barely recognizable, and they're much bigger and less detailed. Under a magnifying glass they look like crap. They're OK for my purposes, because they're just background. But your icon looks like a focal point.

Texas flood T25 Single.jpg

I have two quick questions: I know it’s not quick, but about how long does it take to get chips from a buy like this? 3 months? 6 months?

I’d love to use the free Bosco’s artwork but I’d need someone to help me modify it. Anyone available to help with that? I just need to change the text, I know which 4 chips from the design options I want to use. If so, I’d be in for 500 chips.

Last edited:
If it is cards mold it is 40mm. Plain mold they 39 mm. Don't ask me why that is.
Not true. My china-produced China Club card mold chips from FDL are exactly 39mm diameter. Maybe you got it backwards?

Just an FYI. You're probably not going to be happy with the way that shield (or is it a coat of arms?) prints out on the chip. It small and very detailed - a bit more than their equipment is able to print clearly. My barley stalks are just barely recognizable, and they're much bigger and less detailed. Under a magnifying glass they look like crap. They're OK for my purposes, because they're just background. But your icon looks like a focal point.

View attachment 583454
I appreciate the feedback and if these were more expensive chips I would do something different. But for the annual game these will be used for, I’m happy. The people who’ll play don’t need to see the details to know what it is, even if it’s blurry.

Not true. My china-produced China Club card mold chips from FDL are exactly 39mm diameter. Maybe you got it backwards?
According to the info from the manufacturer, the cards mold chips are 40mm.
6BF3FA3F-9CEC-476C-91CA-54DA1FCA797C.jpeg

Then the information shown would be incorrect, based on the chips they actually shipped.

I’m definitely in for 600 if I can find someone to change the text on the free Bosco design for me! If anyone here knows illustrator and can help message me.

Last edited:
tenor (4).gif

Like this is known that they are 39mm becasue they fit the paulson rack the cards mold are listed as 40mm. The plain mold are listed at 39mm.
It's like how 2x4 aren't really 2 inches by 4 inches.

It's listed that way. Now let's move on from the pedantic train.

I have two quick questions: I know it’s not quick, but about how long does it take to get chips from a buy like this? 3 months? 6 months?

A long time. It's hard to say with any accuracy. With the original group buy, it got started at the end of June and really got rolling in July. Payments were made in August. That group buy was so huge (over 70,000 chips) that it needed to be broken up into multiple shipments. The first batch of chips were received by people at the end of October. The second batch is in customs now, so people will probably get those before Christmas. The rest will be next year. This is with Sean doing an excellent job trying to keep things moving. So, the answer is 3-6 months.

I think future group buys will be limited to 10,000 - 20,000 each. If that is done, I assume there would be one shipment, and that the total time would be closer to 3 months? Seems like there will be many of these group buys started over the next few months, so I don't know if that will affect the timeframes. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

A long time. It's hard to say with any accuracy. With the original group buy, it got started at the end of June and really got rolling in July. Payments were made in August. That group buy was so huge (over 70,000 chips) that it needed to be broken up into multiple shipments. The first batch of chips were received by people at the end of October. The second batch is in customs now, so people will probably get those before Christmas. The rest will be next year. This is with Sean doing an excellent job trying to keep things moving. So, the answer is 3-6 months.

I think future group buys will be limited to 10,000 - 20,000 each. If that is done, I assume there would be one shipment, and that the total time would be closer to 3 months? Seems like there will be many of these group buys started over the next few months, so I don't know if that will affect the timeframes. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
Awesome response, thank you for the info. I'm just on the lookout for a designer to help modify the Bosco artwork and I'm in!

Long story short, Sean made a terrible mistake.

@Beakertwang When do our designs need to be done in order to get in on this? I'm really new to modifying the cards mold free artwork (Aces) to include my own design. If I've got a few weeks, I could probably get it done by then and place an order...

Reactions: BNM
Andrew, I'm gonna have to drop my count to 1500 since there is a limit I can fit in my suitcase when taking them to London for this game (whenever that will be possible again).

Andrew, I'm gonna have to drop my count to 1500 since there is a limit I can fit in my suitcase when taking them to London for this game (whenever that will be possible again).
“You damn, dirty Ape!” :D

We’ve hit 10,000+. Not taking any more orders.

If you’re interested in being on a reserve list in case someone backs out or reduces their order, post below.

1750 is my final number. Ordering a fair amount of spares in the event there are some failures.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom