Site Maintenance Scheduled For 8/12/20 (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
PCF is moving to a new dedicated server on Wednesday 8/12 starting around 4 am. The forum will be closed and off line during that time. The move could take anywhere from 2-4 hours for the data migration and DNS to resolve to the new IPs. The new server is a powerhouse and will provide plenty of head room for a while.

download.jpg

Perfect time for a certain Lorax or Tommy to insert a... while PCF is down, and if like many others PCF is your life feel free to join the rest of us at this temporary site to stay in the know! Insert Rick Astley video!! Lmao!! Sorry I never get tired of those!

I'll tell the wife & kids we can go on one day trip this summer holiday :)
It will be a blast...for them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I will prolly have broken my phone's refresh (screen) button

Last edited:
Just bumping this thread as a reminder that we are moving to a new dedicated server early tomorrow morning around 4am EDT (NY Time). The game plan is as follows:

Close the forum
Copy all the files and database to the new server
Do some final configuration
Update the DNS to point to the new server (this could take 30 minutes to a couple of hours)
Re-open the forum on the new server

The entire process can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours to complete. If you still see the forum is closed message after this time-frame, you can try flushing your DNS.

https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/article/Reset-an-Internet-Connection-Flush-DNS

If I wake up tomorrow and PCF isn't there, I don't know what I'm going to do. I might have to <gasp>talk to my family at the breakfast table</gasp>
I can already imagine on the radio on the way to work ............... "This message is brought to you by the Emergency Broadcast System. This is NOT A TEST. A serious life threatening situation has happened to pokerchipforum.com. Chipping degenerates, remain calm" :LOL: :laugh:

I can already imagine on the radio on the way to work ............... "This message is brought to you by the Emergency Broadcast System. This is NOT A TEST. A serious life threatening situation has happened to pokerchipforum.com. Chipping degenerates, remain calm" :LOL: :laugh:
Radio, hell.... I'll get a damn wakeup message from Alexa saying,

"Good morning, Dave -- it's six o'clock, temperature is 62 degrees with partly cloudy skies, and pokerchipforum.com is currently unavailable. Have a great day."

What a way to start the morning. :wow:

Radio, hell.... I'll get a damn wakeup message from Alexa saying,

"Good morning, Dave -- it's six o'clock, temperature is 62 degrees with partly cloudy skies, and pokerchipforum.com is currently unavailable. Have a great day."

What a way to start the morning. :wow:
62 degrees??!! My truck said 75 at 5 am wtf?!

I'll look into it. Still fine tuning things.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom