Tourney Should I do a league? (2 Viewers)

Sisu41

Pair
Reaction score
I'm thinking of hosting a lot more poker over the summer, maybe some tourneys. I'm not sure if I should make a league and give a prize to the winner

I would start the league in the winter the summer is difficult time to get everyone to agree on a date. Until then drum up interest. Run games occasionally. And build up your player count. Ur going to battle golf leagues, vacations, baseball and other activities in the summer.

I agree with the first two replies. Get a solid, regular tournament going first, and then consider a league. Also:

I would start the league in the winter the summer is difficult time to get everyone to agree on a date.
I'd actually recommend the fall over the winter (holidays are a tough time too), but definitely not the summer. Very inconsistent turnouts in the summer.

I second this. Get a core group going first. Then after you know you have 6 months of constant participation, consider a league.

I really want to turn my group into a league. But I had to admit we don’t have a large enough core group yet (6 consistent regulars, 8 average attendees). So best to wait another year or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom