Cash Game Short deck play in home games? (1 Viewer)

fieldsy

Pair
Reaction score
Just wondering if folks have integrated short deck (6+) hold’em into home games and how they’ve done it? We tried mixing it into our $1/2 game last weekend, and people seemed to like it. My main questions are: (1) do you play with traditional blinds? I’ve seen some of the short deck high roller tourneys online played with just antes and a double ante on the button or something like that. I also thought I saw that Aria has cleared gaming commission hurdles to spread short deck and ran it with identical blinds like $1/1, but I’m less certain about that. (2) I know that flushes generally beat full houses in short deck, but I am less clear about whether 3 of a kind beats a straight? I have seen some summaries online saying trips are less common than straights, so they win. But in at least some of the play I saw online they were playing where a straight beats 3 of a kind.

Just curious how much this is spreading and how it’s being implemented.

The Triton short deck tournaments have played with straights beat 3 of a kind, but the "standard" seems to be the other way around and that's how I've played it.

Have only played with traditional small/big blinds.

With just 2 useable hole cards (Texas Hold'em, Omaha, Pineapple) straight should still beat 3 of a kind but flush should beat full house.
With 3 useable hole cards (Super Hold'em) or with a larger-than-5-card board (mind you, the Apocalypse is coming:D), trips should beat straight and full house should beat flush.
The criterion is having up to seven -instead of more than that- cards available to pick your five ones.
I can't f* believe this is happening in poker's birthplace :LOL: :laugh: (see my post in the thread in @navels 's link).
:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom