Shipping CC advice (1 Viewer)

shawn15p

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have gone back at looked at past threads on all the shipping tips and tricks. I am going to be shipping 959 CC Pharaohs soon and just want to make sure I am doing this properly. Pretty much everything I was reading pertained to Paulson's or expensive chips. Will I be able to get all 959 chips into a Med Flat rate box or should I use 1 Large or 2 Med ? Any advice would be appreciated !

Hey guys,

I have gone back at looked at past threads on all the shipping tips and tricks. I am going to be shipping 959 CC Pharaohs soon and just want to make sure I am doing this properly. Pretty much everything I was reading pertained to Paulson's or expensive chips. Will I be able to get all 959 chips into a Med Flat rate box or should I use 1 Large or 2 Med ? Any advice would be appreciated !

No. Use two medium flat rate boxes. At a minimum tape all the corners and edges of the box after packaging them with the utmost care.

Never done it, but I read that vacuum packing works nicely.

You basically want to immobilize the contents and pack it so that no part of the box will collapse when the USPS workers throw it across the room, use it to practice field goals, or let their pet elephant use it as a step stool. Use plenty of padding on the inside, and plenty of packing tape on the outside. When you've finished, shake the box. If you hear anything move, even the slightest bit, open it up and secure the chips better (more padding or whatever it needs). For further details, visit the thread that @courage linked to in post #4.

Reactions: 72o
Make (16) "barrels" of 60 chips. Take plastic wrap (not the Press 'n Seal) and wrap the 60 chips stacked. Then use some Press 'n Seal plastic wrap and wrap over the plastic wrap tighter and then tape. The Press n' Seal is too sticky to just wrap the chips in and may leave an adhesive residue so I like to use the non-sticky wrap first. Once you have the "barrels" wrapped, wrap some of the barrels together to form bundles of barrels and wrap them in bubble wrap to form what looks like a kilo of coke :D.Tape the shit out of them once they are all bubble wrapped and place them in (2) medium boxes. Then tape the shit out of the boxes. Done!
72o shipping 1.JPG

72o shipping 2.JPG

Last edited:
Make (16) "barrels" of 60 chips. Take plastic wrap (not the Press 'n Seal) and wrap the 60 chips stacked. Then use some Press 'n Seal plastic wrap and tape. The Press n' Seal is too sticky to just wrap the chips in and may leave an adhesive residue. Once you have the "barrels" wrapped, wrap some of them together to form bundles of barrels and wrap them in bubble wrap. Tape the shit out of them and place them in (2) medium boxes and then tape the shit out of the boxes. Done!
View attachment 56709

View attachment 56710

This looks perfect !!! Where did you get the wrap? Staples or somewhere similar ?

I read through this and there was conflicting advice which is why I posted this. Some said 1 large box is good for 1000 chips and others said not to do that.

Because it depends imo. You might get away with LFRB and 1000 chips if you reinforce it (double walls) and pad everything super well, but it's difficult because not much space for padding with that many chips. Far safer to use 2 x MFRB.

This looks perfect !!! Where did you get the wrap? Staples or somewhere similar ?
Yup the bubble wrap I got at Staples. The plastic wrap and Press n' Seal at any grocery store.

Reinforcing the inner walls of a MFRB and taping all corners extra is plenty. I'd shy away from using a LFRB to pack 1000 chips, even though they fit, because I know for a fact the weight is enough to upset mail carriers and have them just kick the box along the ground until they're near your door.

I've also used bubble envelopes to wrap and seal single barrels and shipped many times and never had an issue. UPS gives those away to account holders for free, FYI.

If it's going international, there's also the 20lb limit. An MFRB will take close to 800 chips and stay below the limit, but it will be close once the weight of the packing materials is included. 2xMFRB would be required.

I've used vacuum sealing combined with bubble wrap, and to my knowledge, the package was received without incident.

Here is how I packaged up the cpc chips I sent to @kaimat

20160909_194130_zps7rvjiwme.jpg

60 chips to a roll. Wrap them in paper. Completely encase them in packaging tape. Pack the hell out of the box. Completely encase the box in packaging tape.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom